Club 1872 - Update as of August 17.

HHB

On Friday, August 13 2021, the Requisitioners advised the Board of Club 1872 that, in our opinion, they had committed three criminal offences. Acting in good faith and acknowledging that these may have been errors, we offered them the opportunity to remedy themĀ (see the text of that letter in the link below).

Put simply, the incumbent board has not put the resolution to members as it was submitted, in breach of the law, and they have not allowed our statement, in breach of the law. We advised them of these errors on Friday morning and they have refused to remedy by today, the final day of voting. The relevant provision of the Companies Act exists to ensure that directors, as custodians of a company, are accountable to members, the owners of a company.

Our resolutions are split into two types. Those contingent on the passing of Resolution No. 10 and those which are not conditional on the passing of any other resolution.

The refusal by the directors of Club 1872 to circulate both the Contingent Resolutions and the non-conditional Resolutions is a clear breach of Section 293(1) of the Companies Act. As such, we believe they are committing two criminal offences, one for each type of resolution.

In addition, Section 293(5) of the Companies Act requires the Board of Club 1872 to allow the Requisitioners to circulate a Supporting Statement to the members of Club 1872. By their failure to do this, we believe that the directors of Club 1872 have committed a third criminal offence.

The victims of these alleged criminal offences are the organisation itself and the members of Club 1872 who have been denied an opportunity to see our supporting statement and an opportunity to vote on the totality of our resolutions.

In the light of their refusal to remedy, we contacted the Regulator who advised us that "if you believe a crime has been committed, you may wish to discuss the matter with the police".

We are, therefore, faced with two possible options; a civil case or a criminal complaint. Raising a civil case would result in Club1872 paying legal costs that ultimately comes from member's donations. The only other alternative is to raise a complaint with Police Scotland. We obviously must choose the latter.

In consequence, we have no option but to file a complaint with Police Scotland.

5 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Can't wait to see what happens when they have 25% +1

You'd have to have something seriously wrong with your mental faculties to still be paying money to this shit show.

Thank heavens that 25%+1 is a complete fantasy, we'd be totally screwed if these egotistical power-chasing self-promoters ever got into a position of real influence and power.

This is aĀ brass neck. What chance do we have of having any real say in the Club when selfish people are lying, slanderingĀ and grassing fellow members up?

A few good men outnumbered by a load of self-interested bams.Ā 

Apologies for bumping this, but I have just read on FF that the Requistioners lost the vote for the various changes proposed, ignoring the fact that not all resolutions were put to Contributors and further, there was no opportunity to put their case.Ā 

I am not a member of C1872 nor do I know any of the parties involved but from what I read here and on FF, it seems as though the members/contributors are being short changed and are not being represented in the way they should. Membership numbers are dwindling, meetings are not being held and accounts are not being filed. This would suggest a compliance failure and improper governance. Why?

I am not sure of the number of members who are currently signed up, but it would seem that almost 50% of those who took time to vote were in support of the resolutions and change, and behind the Requisitioners. There may well have been a substantial number who for whatever reason failed to vote but as the figures have not been made available (outside of the incumbent Board), it is difficult to judge the success of this poll one way or the other.

My point here is that C1872 is a members organisation and as such any elected Board, voluntary or not, has a duty to those membersĀ and needs to be totally open and honest and to share with their audience all the facts (and figures) to allow members to make their own choices and decisions.

This has developed into one horrendous mess and a case of he said/she said, with a to and froing of arguments. I am sure no party wants to go down the legal route and incurring unnecessary costs. For the future of C1872 and fan representation, a coming together of parties and some form of arbitration seems necessary.

I am not so naive to believe that this is an easy suggestion, but would like to know what the Requisitioners next steps are. Surely it cannot be left in limbo. I have seen many comments on various Forums indicating that many members have resigned and are stopping their contributions. Whilst understandable in the current situation, it is defeatist and plays into the hands of the incumbent Board, who will obviously remain but rule over a smaller kingdom. An incredible sum of money has already been invested in Rangers Football ClubĀ via C1872 and that investment needs securing.Ā 

I am not making a case for either party (incumbent Board v Requisitioners) but resolution is clearly required if C1872 is to survive and grow and as I see it, it is down to MEMBERS to make things happen and insist their Board do something soonest.

It's a bit simplistic but, getting bodies around the table would be ideal but I'm guessing relationships and trust is too far gone for this to happen. Personally I would suggest members demand a meeting, possibly an AGM/EGM, to clear the air and address specific issues,Ā but being unsure of the Articles I am unclear on what the requirements are to make this happen.Ā 

I have been sitting in the wings pondering signing up for membership since the Dave King legacy arrangement surfaced but like so many others am waiting to see positive change and cause for encouragement in the operation. Much damage has been caused by recent events and will remain unless a solution can be found.

Requisitioners can you please confirm where you go next? My future membership depends on resolution.

1 minute ago, LookingForEric said:

Apologies for bumping this, but I have just read on FF that the Requistioners lost the vote for the various changes proposed, ignoring the fact that not all resolutions were put to Contributors and further, there was no opportunity to put their case.Ā 

I am not a member of C1872 nor do I know any of the parties involved but from what I read here and on FF, it seems as though the members/contributors are being short changed and are not being represented in the way they should. Membership numbers are dwindling, meetings are not being held and accounts are not being filed. This would suggest a compliance failure and improper governance. Why?

I am not sure of the number of members who are currently signed up, but it would seem that almost 50% of those who took time to vote were in support of the resolutions and change, and behind the Requisitioners. There may well have been a substantial number who for whatever reason failed to vote but as the figures have not been made available (outside of the incumbent Board), it is difficult to judge the success of this poll one way or the other.

My point here is that C1872 is a members organisation and as such any elected Board, voluntary or not, has a duty to those membersĀ and needs to be totally open and honest and to share with their audience all the facts (and figures) to allow members to make their own choices and decisions.

This has developed into one horrendous mess and a case of he said/she said, with a to and froing of arguments. I am sure no party wants to go down the legal route and incurring unnecessary costs. For the future of C1872 and fan representation, a coming together of parties and some form of arbitration seems necessary.

I am not so naive to believe that this is an easy suggestion, but would like to know what the Requisitioners next steps are. Surely it cannot be left in limbo. I have seen many comments on various Forums indicating that many members have resigned and are stopping their contributions. Whilst understandable in the current situation, it is defeatist and plays into the hands of the incumbent Board, who will obviously remain but rule over a smaller kingdom. An incredible sum of money has already been invested in Rangers Football ClubĀ via C1872 and that investment needs securing.Ā 

I am not making a case for either party (incumbent Board v Requisitioners) but resolution is clearly required if C1872 is to survive and grow and as I see it, it is down to MEMBERS to make things happen and insist their Board do something soonest.

It's a bit simplistic but, getting bodies around the table would be ideal but I'm guessing relationships and trust is too far gone for this to happen. Personally I would suggest members demand a meeting, possibly an AGM/EGM, to clear the air and address specific issues,Ā but being unsure of the Articles I am unclear on what the requirements are to make this happen.Ā 

I have been sitting in the wings pondering signing up for membership since the Dave King legacy arrangement surfaced but like so many others am waiting to see positive change and cause for encouragement in the operation. Much damage has been caused by recent events and will remain unless a solution can be found.

Requisitioners can you please confirm where you go next? My future membership depends on resolution.

Don't part with your cash IMO

FF taking it well.Ā 

One poster re: Chris graham

'He was forced to resign because MI5 received a credible threat of a terrorist attack on Rangers FC as a result of his unbelievable stupidity. BBC Scotland had nothing to do with Chris Graham's notoriously toxic social media profile.'Ā 

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

FF taking it well.Ā 

'He was forced to resign because MI5 received a credible threat of a terrorist attack on Rangers FC as a result of his unbelievable stupidity. BBC Scotland had nothing to do with Chris Graham's notoriously toxic social media profile.'Ā 

No Ham rolls for Chris now.

19 minutes ago, The Dude said:

FF taking it well.Ā 

:lol:

20 minutes ago, The Dude said:

FF taking it well.Ā 

šŸ˜ƒĀ  I despise Chris Graham but this is moon howling mentalism in the first degree.