Are captains needed in the modern game?

Should we get rid of the captains armband?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Captains?

• Aye
    • Naw
    • Rotating armband.

13 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

That is just ridiculous and you know it. I'm just saying that the best player at the time form-wise should play, preferably in their own position.Ā Ā 

Aye, Balogun is a centre back. But he has been played as a right back before and was arguably our best player yesterday.Ā 

Eh? Balogun never played yesterday ya fucking lunatic

2 minutes ago, Willis said:

I've never seen the point in it tbh

I seen the point in the past and can still see it now, but with every player playing like they will know where the player who they are going to make their next pass to is going to be on the park before they have even received the ball and turn to make a quick pass to hopefully break through a well organised team for our team to play like it did when playing at their best then we need all our best players (form-wise) on the park to be able to play like the team we seen play last season.Ā Ā 

Hopefully yesterday gives our team their confidence back that a lot of our players seem to have lost during the close season.Ā Ā 

Hopefully after the break the team will play like we all know from last season.Ā Ā 

5 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Just re-read it, and I don't see the problem.Ā  Show me where you think I fucked up and I'll better explain it.Ā  šŸ‘

Because you ask if captains are still needed, and I for example think no

But then the question is should we get rid of the armband? Which my answer would probably be yes

So you're asking two different yes or no questions with opposite answers so now its kinda impossible to tell by the poll what the majority opinion is cause they might be answering the question in the thread title or the question in the poll

1 hour ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Aye, was a good post. Gave me a laugh anyway.Ā 

Fuck man, with the way advertising is going these days, I wouldn't be surprised to see a captains armband that had LED sponsorships some time in the next 10 years...

Kinda like the advertising hording we already have round our stadium as I type this.Ā 

Would look silly as fuck, but the younger generation would love to see an armband like that and the first team that made an armband like that would make a mint from the coverage they get from around the world's media.Ā 

Am surprised they hadnā€™t thought about that wasted advertising space on the bottom of players boots when they are injured or getting carried off.Ā