What is wrong with this team?

graeme_4

1 minute ago, plumbGER said:

Aye I remember Candeias was pretty shite some games, used to work hard though.

Kent has been shite and has shown zero fight this season.

Kent arguably was more involved last night in the first half than Morelos but both are players I think you lose something as soon as they’re missing. 

3 hours ago, AGM_72 said:

The biggest worry for me with Tav is that he seems a yard off it. Isn't as involved as he was last season, doesn't seem to be able to link with the midfield to get in behind or create space for the player in front of him. Even when he has defensive lapses, or when his set piece delivery/general delivery is poor - his link up play is usually pretty sound but that's gone completely right now. 

The elephant in the room is Tav. Everyone knows Patterson should be playing. 

Just now, Bad Robot said:

Kent arguably was more involved last night in the first half than Morelos but both are players I think you lose something as soon as they’re missing. 

Kent was unbelievably pish mate, more involved because our tactic seemed to be give it to our second choice left back to run at people and pass to Kent who in turn either did fuck all with it, was hiding elsewhere or was daydreaming and let the defender beat him to it.

At times we remarked on Hagi being dragged into his side of the pitch chasing down balls that Kent couldn't be bothered with. His workrate was shocking. We need to remember this is a player who went in a huff at Liverpool cos he wasn't going to get his move up here, now i'm not sure if the same thing is happening again but it's worth bearing in mind.

8 hours ago, AdzKyle said:

It doesn’t help that we tend to play the exact same system no matter what and there’s no plan b. If teams no how we play then they know how to counter it. 
When it’s not working for us we NEVER change it. We just carry on hoping it will work. Has been a major issue for years that we don’t change things when they aren’t working. 

As for the players.....we have been here before. How they can put in so much effort, intensity and passion in some games and then look completely disinterested in others is baffling and quite frankly an insult to the fans. 

There is a plan B, he reverted to it last season after the livi draw, reverted to it last Friday in the cup and on other occasions last season when it suited, and it worked really well for us 

Why he cannot revert to plan B mid game is beyond me, malmo especially badly screamed for it, instead he stayed at plan A till the last ten mins then tried a hail mary, by that point malmo were so comfortable it made no difference

2 hours ago, plumbGER said:

Don't talk shite pal.

One or two games 😂😂😂

30mins of the new year derby and we'll give them the first half hour at the piggery in the 1-1 game, bar that they never kicked a ball against us

The way we're playing the now however....... 

3 hours ago, MurrayWilson said:

You cant exaggerate how much we miss kamara in europe, we are a different team without him. In games like last night you need to keep the tempo high and whenever lundstram gets the ball he kills it stone dead. In a different game, say leading a game away from home, he might be ok.

There was an opportunity for Lundstram to play a quick pass through the lines last night and he fucking turned back with the ball, I was fucking raging.  Don't know what the players think. 

3 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

What we lost with Kent, was Wright not starting.  The sooner he's missing the better.

God....can you imagine what big Jock Wallace would have done with this lot of underperformers?.

There wouldnt be the proverbal arm around the shoulder or the sympathetic word in the ear or be scared to drop the team captain and others....

In simplistic terms, they all  need and should get a right good kick in the balls.

Time to put the steel toe caps on SG.

10 hours ago, AdzKyle said:

It doesn’t help that we tend to play the exact same system no matter what and there’s no plan b. If teams no how we play then they know how to counter it. 
When it’s not working for us we NEVER change it. We just carry on hoping it will work. Has been a major issue for years that we don’t change things when they aren’t working. 

As for the players.....we have been here before. How they can put in so much effort, intensity and passion in some games and then look completely disinterested in others is baffling and quite frankly an insult to the fans. 

This is a myth, though. We do actually change the way we play at times. Sometimes it isnt about tactics or formations, as Gerrard said.. sometimes a players application is the problem. You can send out a team with the best gameplan/tactics/formation in the World, but if they dont execute it, then you are stuffed. Too many of our players are completely off it at the moment and that is a fact.. its there for anyone to see. The basics are just not there currently.

49 minutes ago, Carnbroe Bear said:

God....can you imagine what big Jock Wallace would have done with this lot of underperformers?.

There wouldnt be the proverbal arm around the shoulder or the sympathetic word in the ear or be scared to drop the team captain and others....

In simplistic terms, they all  need and should get a right good kick in the balls.

Time to put the steel toe caps on SG.

I agree with you, but.. can you imagine what the modern player would do in return??

1 hour ago, Boybluesy said:

There was an opportunity for Lundstram to play a quick pass through the lines last night and he fucking turned back with the ball, I was fucking raging.  Don't know what the players think. 

Midfield wasnt working and Lundstram was the main problem. Maybe its because he came from the Blades where he isnt expected to dominate the game and create chances constantly.. maybe he just really needs to get used to it. I dont know, but he should be much better than what he is producing at the moment.

2 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

One or two games 😂😂😂

30mins of the new year derby and we'll give them the first half hour at the piggery in the 1-1 game, bar that they never kicked a ball against us

The way we're playing the now however....... 

They attack in numbers. If we play like we do currently and dont protect our back four then we could be in trouble. Im confident that we will buk up our ideas in these coming days, however.

32 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

They attack in numbers. If we play like we do currently and dont protect our back four then we could be in trouble. Im confident that we will buk up our ideas in these coming days, however.

They have always attacked in numbers, thats why duffy was left hanging high and dry because he had no protection, difference this season is that they are finishing a few chances that last season they'd have missed, 

Don't discount the fact that teams we play don't want to just sit back and watch us play, but actually want to win. Remember that chap with a Magic hat? Worked for a while until our tactics were countered. Is Steve too inflexible, just expecting it to happen as it always does? But some of the players are definately not trying hard enough.

A lot of these players tav and goldson specifically have had one good season and seem to have let it go to there heads one good season out of the last 3 doesn’t make you a player. Tav as well I’d never a rangers captain and is back to his usual shite self 

Bassey Davis Hagi Wright and Morelos are showing great attitude. Patterson did in the cup game as well as Roofe.

It's not as if the whole team are on the slide. 

We just need to turn the dial a bit and start playing the triangles like last year. We are being too lazy with crosses.