Team for Sunday

6superbarry6

2 minutes ago, CrawfordRfc said:

I agree with that for the most part but I’m confused about picking people on merit then dropping Goldson for balogun… Admittedly Goldson hasn’t been at his best but balogun was a disaster last couple runs out and was largely to blame for goals conceded in big games. 

Ideally we’d get a new centre back in, the Dutch boy we were linked with looked like a good option, time to cash in on Goldson I think.

Just now, 6superbarry6 said:

Arfield has looked miles off it this season mate, I’d even go with Kelly before Arfield, we need a bit of pace and energy into the side 

Thought he did well first half against Malmo, only picked him because of limited options

Goldson for Balogun, Davis for Aribo, Aribo for Hagi, Roofe for Morelos. Otherwise, spot-on. Agree we def need a tweak to the 433 though, far too predictable. Energy and pace from the young full backs, along with Kamara, Aribo, Wright and hopefully wee Sakala when he’s back is what we need IMO. Too turgid and slow building “attacks”recently.

McGregor

Patterson Goldson Helander Bassey

Bacuna Kamara Aribo

Hagi Wright

Roofe

Not got an issue with Tav, dont think he has been anywhere near as bad as many make out. Saying that, we have to start giving Patterson more minutes, so they should rotate more frequently.

I dont think the industrious runner role in midfield does much for us. This is the position I see Arfield, Lundstrum and even Jack playing. I think we look much better when we have technical players in the middle who have good close control.

Kent needs a rocket up his arse, so bench him for this one with Wright taking his space.

Morelos, goal apart last night was only behind Lundstrum and Kent for poorest performer. He actually refused to run on a few occasions to keep the ball in play. Half expect him to down tools to try and force a move if im honest. Roofe gets the nod from me for the striker role.  

28 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Really needs freshened up and ditch the slow turgid 433, need to start picking players on merit rather than reputation, as much as Davis has his uses in some games he slows our play down to walking pace at times which is no use against teams camped in their own half. 

McGregor 

Patterson Balogun Helander Bassey

Kamara Aribo 

Roofe Hagi Wright 

Morelos 

Why do you want Goldson dropped for Balogun the bombscare? 

Goldson was fine last night. 

9 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Why do you want Goldson dropped for Balogun the bombscare? 

Goldson was fine last night. 

Because he’s been a shadow of the player he was last season and looks to be half arsing it, had at least 2 free headers he shit out of last night, I agree Balogun isn’t great but Goldson needs sent a message and there isn’t much else in reserve, Ideally we sell him and bring someone else in as it doesn’t look like he’s signing a new deal. 

4 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Because he’s been a shadow of the player he was last season and looks to be half arsing it, had at least 2 free headers he shit out of last night, I agree Balogun isn’t great but Goldson needs sent a message and there isn’t much else in reserve, Ideally we sell him and bring someone else in as it doesn’t look like he’s signing a new deal. 

Gees peace. 

29 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

McGregor

Patterson Goldson Helander Bassey

Bacuna Kamara Aribo

Hagi Wright

Roofe

Not got an issue with Tav, dont think he has been anywhere near as bad as many make out. Saying that, we have to start giving Patterson more minutes, so they should rotate more frequently.

I dont think the industrious runner role in midfield does much for us. This is the position I see Arfield, Lundstrum and even Jack playing. I think we look much better when we have technical players in the middle who have good close control.

Kent needs a rocket up his arse, so bench him for this one with Wright taking his space.

Morelos, goal apart last night was only behind Lundstrum and Kent for poorest performer. He actually refused to run on a few occasions to keep the ball in play. Half expect him to down tools to try and force a move if im honest. Roofe gets the nod from me for the striker role.  

Bacuna hasn't played for over 2 months, can't throw him in a couple days after signing him

16 minutes ago, theweebluenose said:

Goldson was the best of our CB's last night, Helander was poor and would have been punished against better opposition.

Rest of the team I agree with.

In what way was a centre half poor when the opponents didn't have a shot on goal lol