Sun running a story about racist chants on a supporters bus upto Dingwall

j1mgg

5 hours ago, Billy Gunn said:

The amount of people who did slant eyes growing up, that's them out of a job tonight.

5 hours ago, Billy Gunn said:

I'm calling out the hypocrisy, that could be 90% of the population out of a job tonight.

You're not really. You're trying to compare guys who look like they're in their 20's and 30's making racist gestures that they understand with boys who are 6 or 7, or even young teenagers, to be generous, who don't fully understand racism and its implications.

It's a bit like defending the guys on the bus for all shiting in their pants because we all shat ourselves when we were wee. Context matters.

12 hours ago, Blueshoff said:

Pretty bad the guys did it and then someone else posted it tbh.

Two Wongs don't make a white.......

Goodbye.

It was one of the main guys in the video that done it then posted it himself. 

8 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Received a few PMs from guys on here making reasonable points that this is an important discussion to have. 

In response, I was perhaps a bit hasty in locking the thread. My logic behind locking it is that the thread was beginning to spiral and prominent posters were heading for bans. 

However, I've listened and agree it is important to discuss. So I've unlocked the thread - but please note that 1) any form of racism will not be tolerated on here and 2) the public can access this section, remember that when you post on here you represent Rangers FC, an institution bigger than you - so watch what you post.

Then ban them. Or because they're prominent posters are they treated differently and given more slack than a new poster or someone who posts less? 

Still on about this ? 

27 minutes ago, peter huistra said:

Amazing the double standards tbh with the media in this country, how can the sun keep a straight face and take the moral high ground when they let Leckie target Alfie for months and you had Jackson in the DR making references about Escobar and cocaine when writing about Alfie. 

Correct and we have arseholes still on about this although it was individuals who will be dealt with apparently. It’s done consign it to history like they do with proper scandal in the east end and holyrood. They just suppress talking about it and it goes away. Do the same as them. 

From a lot of comments on here, what does go on on buses, because I have always interpreted the "what goes on holiday, stays on holiday" type saying to reference maybe people getting a bit hammered, doing some crazy stuff, at the extreme, cheating on their partners, not making racists gestures.

6 minutes ago, j1mgg said:

From a lot of comments on here, what does go on on buses, because I have always interpreted the "what goes on holiday, stays on holiday" type saying to reference maybe people getting a bit hammered, doing some crazy stuff, at the extreme, cheating on their partners, not making racists gestures.

Exactly this. The 'what happens on the bus stays on the bus' line isnt a free pass for folk to be racist. It's just a pathetic cop out tbh.

17 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Embarrassing that a couple of guys singing on a supporters bus makes national headlines.

We all know why and it’s because it’s linked to Rangers.

Correct and that vile rag with blood on its hands threw this in for good measure.

561DAA0F-0D61-4849-A9D8-FB8DC4AE4E9F.thumb.jpeg.5fac364ce9b498f29115ab5edef25799.jpeg

2 minutes ago, tm91 said:

I hate this line of argument.

I'm sure I've done stupid shit in my time, but I've never sang a song about East Asians eating dogs and doing a squinty eyes gesture. We've probably all been shitfaced or been a cunt to someone or broke someone's heart - we haven't all been racist.

If someone's first thought is that 'well we've all been there' or 'who's lived such a perfect life that they could judge?', then that says more about them than they realise.

We had a whole away end singing the nakamura song at the piggery 

.there was also itv4 presenters laughing at a nakamura are my dog sign one of our fans had in Lisbon.

See honestly buses are fucking wild. There are right close to the bone songs. Cunts need to keep their phones away.

The songs that woulda been sung yesterday on all the buses heading up would've been dodgy as fuck but it's only ever intended for those on the bus.

Why cunts decide to film this then share it is beyond me 

3 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

We had a whole away end singing the nakamura song at the piggery 

.there was also itv4 presenters laughing at a nakamura are my dog sign one of our fans had in Lisbon.

See honestly buses are fucking wild. There are right close to the bone songs. Cunts need to keep their phones away.

The songs that woulda been sung yesterday on all the buses heading up would've been dodgy as fuck but it's only ever intended for those on the bus.

Why cunts decide to film this then share it is beyond me 

That's my view as well.

If someone gets tore into me in the privacy of their own home, it's harmless.  If someone else films and sends it to me then it's not, and if that same person puts it online and everyone sees it then it pretty bad.

The boys shouldn't have been singing it, but Furuhashi and the club have only been harmed because someone put it on social media.

1 minute ago, tm91 said:

And we shouldn't have done. And those presenters shouldn't have laughed. The fact that it's no longer considered acceptable is probably a good thing.

I take your point about the buses. I'd obviously prefer it if people could take a long, hard look at themselves and consider their own views and what they should be singing, but you're right, buses are different. At the very least, there should now be a blanket rule that you do not record on any supporter buses, at all. If some people are still going to sing certain songs, at least don't get yourself recorded doing so.

I just can't believe the stupidity of it regards the filming 

The farce is these guys might well lose their jobs, when education and courses is needed. In the grand scheme of things, they have not stolen, physically harmed, etc but are being treated as much worse.

This is coming from a nation that still allows sectarian schooling to take place,  especially when the country cannot afford it.

The whiole thing is a crock of shit, what used to be a laugh is no longer deemed so. The thought police are winning, so we need to wise up or we will continue to be the big bad wolf.

Sorry jumped about a bit in this post, but it is where my head is at.

33 minutes ago, tm91 said:

I hate this line of argument.

I'm sure I've done stupid shit in my time, but I've never sang a song about East Asians eating dogs and doing a squinty eyes gesture. We've probably all been shitfaced or been a cunt to someone or broke someone's heart - we haven't all been racist.

If someone's first thought is that 'well we've all been there' or 'who's lived such a perfect life that they could judge?', then that says more about them than they realise.

You never sang the nakamura song back in the day or whistled it in the privacy of your own home?

6 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

The farce is these guys might well lose their jobs, when education and courses is needed. In the grand scheme of things, they have not stolen, physically harmed, etc but are being treated as much worse.

This is coming from a nation that still allows sectarian schooling to take place,  especially when the country cannot afford it.

The whiole thing is a crock of shit, what used to be a laugh is no longer deemed so. The thought police are winning, so we need to wise up or we will continue to be the big bad wolf.

Sorry jumped about a bit in this post, but it is where my head is at.

When that comes to being racist, thats no bad thing.

1 minute ago, GersInCanada said:

By all means sing anything you want in the privacy of your own bus. But filming it then putting it on social media is beyond stupid.

They deserve all the things that are about to happen to them.

The bus don't deserve itn