***** The Official - Alashkert v The Champions Thread *****

Bears r us

That was brutal to watch , even without covid I feel the performance would have been the same given how we've been up to this point.

Sunday is one im looking forward but the closer it gets the less confident I become and thats a first given our dominance over them last few seasons 

10 minutes ago, Sket said:

True though. Play like that on Sunday and we will take a doing. 

We are shite and have been for the majority of this season.

Tonight we needed 0-0 to go through - we got it. Sunday will take care of itself - draw and we live with a status quo - win and your above comment will be irrelevant. Why would we take a doing?

Just now, 10pshortof17pound said:

Tonight we needed 0-0 to go through - we got it. Sunday will take care of itself - draw and we live with a status quo - win and your above comment will be irrelevant. Why would we take a doing?

I'm no having that. We were diabolical,and not for the first time this season.

The warning signs are there in plain sight.

1 hour ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Not having composure and being ‘dugshite’ are a wee bit different.

Yeah should’ve scored at least 1 tonight but far from being shite.

Also Morelos has scored against better teams than McCoist did in Europe.

Namely?

McCoist scored against Steaua Bucharest, Dinamo Kiev and Leeds at a time when they were their country's respective champions.

What team has Morelos played and scored against who had a better pedigree than those 3 teams, especially that Leeds team from the 90s?

Also, Morelos is absolutely nowhere near the player McCoist was.

Well that was a brutal watch but made more difficult for watching with my old man who's up from Wales; hung up on him 2 weeks ago because everyone is shite in the team apparently.  Here's hoping Sunday brings better form as "they've" got goals in them, far more than the shite we faced tonight. 

4 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

I dont want to see arfield start another game. He just doesnt offer enough of anything bar giving away silly free kicks because he is a further yard off  the pace. 

Arfield had a decent first half and should have had two assists on Morelos' missed chances but he was no where to be found second half.

20 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

No he wasn't the worst, you're right but the absolute desperation for half of this board to paint him as the second coming is ridiculous. 

If Bassey has a stinker he gets it tight. Nobody defends his performance based on his age. But Nathan Patterson is 9.months younger and gets afforded the sort of special treatment to a golden child. Nathan Patterson has never played as well as Bassey has in his best couple of games recently.

To be fair I've not seen many posts arguing he was great but there have been a lot more saying he was poor which is unfair.  I think there's a tendency to compare with Tav from last season which is again unfair as the whole team were playing out of their skin last season and Patterson is playing with guys who are underperforming.

8 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

I dont want to see arfield start another game. He just doesnt offer enough of anything bar giving away silly free kicks because he is a further yard off  the pace. 

How often in the second half did he hoof the ball upfield to no one? We are trying to hold a lead, keep your head and make a pass!

1 minute ago, BuffaloUSAGers said:

Rangers aren’t the ones coming into Sunday not having won an Old Firm in two years. Rangers aren’t the team with a coach who has never coached in an Old Firm game never mind one at Ibrox.

That's some mental gymnastics right there. 

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

That's some mental gymnastics right there. 

Tbf he's got a point, before jacks winner a few years ago it was "gerrard and that squad haven't won an OF game" no matter the tarrier form they were favs because they knew how to win they games 

The first win was the monkey off the back, following season was first win at the piggery, another monkey off the back, all that was left was cup game and win the league, done both last season

13 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Nearly September and we've still no started this season on the pitch. 

Could all come crashing down on Sunday and I don't see where people are thinking we're going to beat them other than blind optimism. 

Out of context but the dog in your picture is it a shar pei? 

11 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Nearly September and we've still no started this season on the pitch. 

Could all come crashing down on Sunday and I don't see where people are thinking we're going to beat them other than blind optimism. 

Can't disagree with that.

I'm hopeful we can put in the performance we all know we're capable of, but based on what we've seen so far there's no or little reaction to a bad performance and nothing to suggest we're going to put in one on Sunday.

Can't think of one player who's been consistently good for us so far.

7 minutes ago, BuffaloUSAGers said:

Rangers aren’t the ones coming into Sunday not having won an Old Firm in two years. Rangers aren’t the team with a coach who has never coached in an Old Firm game never mind one at Ibrox.

Thats the exact motivation that mob need. In my mind we are too complacent and a good few players need a boot up the arss. Tonight should have been it and it and we should have done a bit of damage to up the team for Sunday but we were dire.