***** The Official - Alashkert v The Champions Thread *****

Bears r us

6 minutes ago, AlbertzLoyalRSC said:

Tiny margins. If Alfredo had scored even one of his sitters, and one of Aribos shots that hit the woodwork went in, people would be talking about the game completely differently.

Hopefully that's all the bad luck out the way, when it doesn't matter, and the taigs used all theirs up tonight. Jammy bastards that they are.

Arfield also 2 good chances.

When Morelos has too much time to think, he fucks it up a lot of the time. I actually thought the winning goal in this tie at Ibrox was lucky. He almost waited too long.

With 96 goals he is obviously a great goal scorer but mostly through instinct and without time to think. That is why I would never fancy him to score a penalty.

He was off form tonight. Even at the end when he took it into the corner to waste time, he ended up passing it straight to their keeper. 

I expect him to bounce back on Sunday.

4 hours ago, beararse said:

Namely?

McCoist scored against Steaua Bucharest, Dinamo Kiev and Leeds at a time when they were their country's respective champions.

What team has Morelos played and scored against who had a better pedigree than those 3 teams, especially that Leeds team from the 90s?

Also, Morelos is absolutely nowhere near the player McCoist was.

McCoist and Morelos have relatively similar stats  in terms of goals for Rangers at the same age in a 4 year period.  McCoist 103 in 181 games.  Morelos  94 in 182 games.    In Europe in the same period McCoist 3 goals in 15 games whilst Morelos 23 in 45 games.      At that stage McCoist hadn't scored against the three teams you have named.   Morelos scored against Feyenoord, Porto, Benfica none of which are light-weights.   They are different types of player in different eras.

2 hours ago, AlbertzLoyalRSC said:

Tiny margins. If Alfredo had scored even one of his sitters, and one of Aribos shots that hit the woodwork went in, people would be talking about the game completely differently.

Hopefully that's all the bad luck out the way, when it doesn't matter, and the taigs used all theirs up tonight. Jammy bastards that they are.

The only sitter was the one-on-one with the keeper.  He should have buried that.  The other chance in the first half was a half chance but nowhere near a sitter.  The one in the second half, if you mean the longish high ball beyond the back post, was also only a half chance, one where you might score or you might miss.

5 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

The only sitter was the one-on-one with the keeper.  He should have buried that.  The other chance in the first half was a half chance but nowhere near a sitter.  The one in the second half, if you mean the longish high ball beyond the back post, was also only a half chance, one where you might score or you might miss.

I was more disappointed with Arfield and his pretty much free hit.

3 hours ago, GA1972 said:

One things for sure we need to change something, freshen things up because we look stale as fuck at the moment

I don’t know if it needs a new system or new personnel/different lineups but we need something to inject a bit of life into us. Gerrard always talks about reactions to bad performances but I’ve rarely seen a reaction from this group 

Need to sort the defence out for me, Goldson playing abso terrible, Borna played as expected with no games behind him, mid and attack were good, Alfredo coulda scored 3, Aribo twice hitting the sticks.

Just now, Fergie_6 said:

Need to sort the defence out for me, Goldson playing abso terrible, Borna played as expected with no games behind him, mid and attack were good, Alfredo coulda scored 3, Aribo twice hitting the sticks.

Thanks Pep

7 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

First and second were absolute sitters. One at the back post was more difficult. He must do better.

8 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

We need a captain, a real captain, not just the guy that calls the toss of the coin and shakes hands with the ref.

Pish

There’s too much emphasis on a “captain”. 
we need strong vocal players who can organise, encourage and dig - right throughout the spine of our team. 

we should never be reliant on one person to do all that.  Captain’s are overrated 

14 hours ago, Swagger said:

He shouldn’t be playing every game but because Gerrard has overlooked the midfield for years he has to. Hopefully Jack comes back but we are worryingly short in midfield 

I don't think it has been overlooked (we have about 9 midfielders!), we just don't seem to be able to put a midfield together that we can trust. 

But what I saw of Davis yesterday was as uninspiring as it could possibly have been. Rotten.