*****The Official CHAMPIONS vs scum Thread*****

1 hour ago, DiamondDan said:

There is a big difference between comfortably "strolling" through a game and not having urgency, intensity or ideas to break a team down.

Too many folk being taken in by the rose tinted pish coming out Neil McCann's mouth on the TV.

No idea what Neil McCann said pal I’m not taken in by any rose tinted pish whatever that means 

7 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

I'd love to share your confidence...

We were outplaying Malmö at home until Balogun gave away two goals at the back, got punished by a champions league group stage team, that’s what happens when you don’t play your best defender. We didn’t really get up for this Alashkert mob but also didn’t really need to it seems and we’re through. 

The malmo performance would have been enough to beat Alkmaar since you’re talking hypotheticals because they weren’t clinical at all and should have scored about 3/4 against the taigs in the 1st leg but that’s what happens when you sell 4 of your best players.

2 hours ago, Tiger Shaw said:

We strolled our game last night the tramps where in a 100 mph battle fighting to survive. Think that evens things up a bit.

We turn up and actually play the way we can we win, no doubts.  Hopefully shaggers back 

They certainly we're strolling last night 😂

5 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

That’s what I meant mate talking energy levels what they put in last night compared to us 

Yeah, was a mad way to go about the game last night, I was going off my nut but we are through and if our squad has kept some in the locker then so be it, on to Sunday now.

If we can get at their backline we can cause them problems. However, our backline has that same worry all of a sudden. Midfield battle as always will be huge. One thing about them is they leave themselves exposed for balls over the top so Kent and Morelos can get joy there especially if Hagi drops a bit deeper and acts as quarterback. Almost as important for me is how high our fullbacks play.

• Junior Soprano changed the title to *****The official CHAMPIONS vs the scum thread*****
17 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

If we can get at their backline we can cause them problems. However, our backline has that same worry all of a sudden. Midfield battle as always will be huge. One thing about them is they leave themselves exposed for balls over the top so Kent and Morelos can get joy there especially if Hagi drops a bit deeper and acts as quarterback. Almost as important for me is how high our fullbacks play.

Quick Malky give the gaffer a call with that strategy 

im serious btw. 

Yesterday has further diminished my confidence about this game. We are not firing on all cylinders.

Head tells me that Roofe and Morelos can cause panic in their defense and if we freshen the midfield up by replacing Davis with Kelly then that may be enough to get the 3 points especially if Goldson and Helander remain as the defensive partnership.

Winning this game might be the kickstart to this season that we so badly need. Last seasons squad have not become bad players overnight and I suspect that a disjointed preseason may be the reason for our current run of indifferent form.

Think we need to use our 10s to pin them pack with their pace, so you have to play Roofe and Kent IMO. 

Depending on Covid, I’d go with something like this:

GK

Tav Goldson Helander Bassey

Davis

Hagi    Kamara

Roofe       Buff      Kent

If Kent can’t play, you put Aribo in there or switch him and Roofe around. It’s vital the midfield 3 match there’s, do that and we’re better at the front and back even when we’re out of form. 

22 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Yesterday has further diminished my confidence about this game. We are not firing on all cylinders.

Head tells me that Roofe and Morelos can cause panic in their defense and if we freshen the midfield up by replacing Davis with Kelly then that may be enough to get the 3 points especially if Goldson and Helander remain as the defensive partnership.

Winning this game might be the kickstart to this season that we so badly need. Last seasons squad have not become bad players overnight and I suspect that a disjointed preseason may be the reason for our current run of indifferent form.

Quite the opposite for me. Haven’t seen a lot of them playing this season and I guess I was partly buying into the media hype around them, but having watched them last night, I think they are there for the taking. Was expecting to see wonder stuff from the Japanese  boy but wasn’t that impressed. They are clearly not good enough to play out from the back which is what their game plan seems to be based on, and with such a poor defence they are going to be sliced open if the commit so many players forward. Might not be comfortable, but I am a damn sight more confident we will win this than I was yesterday morning.

32 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Morelos can cause panic in any defence if he’s in the mood, all depends which Alfredo turns up.