Gerrard’s record in OFs

graeme_4

2 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Amazing turnaround. They are getting destroyed mentally and see us as a "pish" team that just outmuscles them and works hard. We are a much more physical team than them, yes, but we have much better players as well. I actually think we are set up this season to conserve energy.. and turn it on when we need to. I think in the latter stages of the EL it showed.. we were spent. Its a long season and they will be running on empty in a couple of months as their style is all out attack then everyone sprint back, then forward etc.. You cannot play like that for a whole season.

Heard on the radio Turnbull is having to have extra afternoon naps as they’re so done in from the Angeball approach. 

Gerrard has installed confidence, a winning mentality, and no small amount of quality in the squad.

We used to fear this fixture, we no longer do.

It's taken time, it was always going to, but we're in a good place and this fixture is part of that.

1 hour ago, johanhentze said:

Amazing turnaround. They are getting destroyed mentally and see us as a "pish" team that just outmuscles them and works hard. We are a much more physical team than them, yes, but we have much better players as well. I actually think we are set up this season to conserve energy.. and turn it on when we need to. I think in the latter stages of the EL it showed.. we were spent. Its a long season and they will be running on empty in a couple of months as their style is all out attack then everyone sprint back, then forward etc.. You cannot play like that for a whole season.

said yesterday will be interesting to see if the jap guy last the season at top pace  once a few of the tough centre halfs give him a kicking and when the cold wet weather kicks in  we will see if he is still effective

30 minutes ago, billscott said:

said yesterday will be interesting to see if the jap guy last the season at top pace  once a few of the tough centre halfs give him a kicking and when the cold wet weather kicks in  we will see if he is still effective

He was already over 20 games into the season in Japan. No chance he lasts the full season 

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Heard on the radio Turnbull is having to have extra afternoon naps as they’re so done in from the Angeball approach. 

That mouth breathing reptile couldn’t do 90 minutes before ange came in, he’s absolutely no chance now the way they play. What a thoroughly overrated much to do about fuck all player he is, he’d get nowhere near a starting spot in our midfield. 

It's brilliant how much it has changed under gerrard. 

We used to dread these games and now it's the scumbags struggling to even lay a glove on us. 

Yesterday was the kind of game you love. Them mouthing off prior about how good they are and us putting them right back into thier place. 

18 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Yeah. It really is amazing given the starting point. 

0-2 game I think he and Beale overthought it. 

That was the last time we set up to attempt to counter them. Since then, we've went as strong as we could and let them worry about us.

2 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Yeah. It really is amazing given the starting point. 

0-2 game I think he and Beale overthought it. 

We set up to contain them that day.

It was annoying as we had an approach that worked. When you attack them and put them under pressure they can't cope. 

7 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

That doesnt surprise me. I seem to remember we did something similar in Gerrards first season.. we were high energy and it took its toll.