Club Statement

Jamie29

Just now, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Its whataboutery if we roll it out only when we are under fire for a high profile incident.

I think what @Blue Nosed Babe is suggesting is that we proactively start highlighting the incidents from their fans, even when we are not under fire (which is very rarely these days).

We only highlight these songs and things now when there is no headline space left, as it is all used up printing nasty shit about us.

We need to do what they did. We need to highlight their indiscretions constantly, which is petty and fucking ridiculous, but this is what it has come down to.

Otherwise we just have to accept they can call us whatever they want and get away with it, and we cant do the same back. 

I thought we were trying to eradicate sectarianism here, not justify it. My mistake obviously. 

1 minute ago, scotty1976 said:

So, you think the Famine Song is offensive?

It’s an ironic chant aimed at the members of our society who make it clear that they consider Ireland to be a better place than Scotland. Therefore if it’s so much better why don’t they go home.  Like most football chants it’s on the edge of being politically incorrect but nothing more than that. 

Doesn't matter what I think. It has been deemed to be offensive and illegal.

Being called 'orange bastard' wouldnt really offend me ether, but like the famine song, it is sectarian.

3 minutes ago, Monkey Butler said:

I thought we were trying to eradicate sectarianism here, not justify it. My mistake obviously. 

Nope, has never ever been about that.

Its all PR.

Celtic fans would hate nothing more than for Rangers fans to stop singing these songs. It is exactly what they want and need.

Us cleaning up our act would be absolute torture to them.

Tell you what. There is some amount of energy being put into this thread. If everyone who has written more than 5 posts just wrote a letter to their MP and copied it to police scotland we might start making a difference. 

How about the 50k that were in Ibrox on Sunday get organized and send a letter and maybe even a tweet. 

How about even a 5th of them organise a protest against the use of sectarian language aimed at Rangers fans. 

30 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Well hate to burst your bubble, but that's not happening is it?

They are calling us all sorts and not a peep.

I dont want to point out the obvious, but we are literally seeing the things im saying playing out in front of our eyes. The things you are saying are simply make-believe as it is not what is happening in real life.

They have kicked up a big enough stink that we are being highlighted as racist, sectarian bigots and there is not a fucking peep about them being the same.

You can rationalise it away as much as you like, and I agree with you that is how things should be. Should be and how things actually are are not the same though.

They are just far more politically organised than us and know how to play the system. We dont have a fucking clue and just keep feeding them win after win through nothing more than rank stupidity. 

Politically organised?

Dornan and Yousaf are a pair of absolute morons.

The Hag :lol: 

Michael Stewart :lol: 

I’ll take them seriously when they denounce any form of Racism and Sectarianism and not just judging by the colour of the shirt the perpetrators are wearing.

1 hour ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Laugh if you want, but its demonstrably true.

They have kicked up such a shit storm that they are allowed to call us whatever they want and we cant do the same back.

They have fought a massive PR battle for the last decade and now most neutrals think that we are bigots and that they are the poor oppressed victims.

I think it is utter bullshit built on a bed of mock offence, but there is no going back. 

What fucking neutrals? Every cunt who has had a say on this from dornan to humza useless  is a self proclaimed celtic season ticket holder. Please go back to your COVID section and spout pish there.

6 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Its whataboutery if we roll it out only when we are under fire for a high profile incident.

I think what @Blue Nosed Babe is suggesting is that we proactively start highlighting the incidents from their fans, even when we are not under fire (which is very rarely these days).

We only highlight these songs and things now when there is no headline space left, as it is all used up printing nasty shit about us.

We need to do what they did. We need to highlight their indiscretions constantly, which is petty and fucking ridiculous, but this is what it has come down to.

Otherwise we just have to accept they can call us whatever they want and get away with it, and we cant do the same back. 

I actually despise this concept as it will just make the problem worse. But it seems like its the only option.

Would be good if there was actually people willing to stand up for free speech but people are scared of the consequences 

Seems the only option is to call it out when we see other fans doing things we'd get in shit for. No one cares when these things harm rangers fans because we are demonized in Scottish society. Its not until it starts effecting the rest of the population and they have to worry about being arrested for what they say that things will change 

2 minutes ago, Willis said:

The famine song isnt telling anyone to go anywhere

Its simply asking why don't they go back to Ireland if they love it so much, since their main reason for coming to Scotland no longer applies?

But let's not get confused this isn't about the song or the wording. Its the fact that it causes offense to the nationalists, whether that offense is reasonable or not is irrelevant to the authorities.

It's just part of the anti British propaganda campaign thats been going on for years. And its working cause theres loads of fuckwit "bears" out there who are happy to see other bears be arrested or lose their jobs for singing. With friends like that who needs enemies 

And the excuse is "its just the way the world is" only its obvious that most of these rules only apply to Rangers fans and other fans always get away with it.

It is just the way the world is. 

And none of us are doing one single fucking thing to change it. Arguing amongst ourselves about whether or not telling a population of perpetual victims to sort themselves out is acceptable 

1 minute ago, Willis said:

The famine song isnt telling anyone to go anywhere

Its simply asking why don't they go back to Ireland if they love it so much, since their main reason for coming to Scotland no longer applies?

But let's not get confused this isn't about the song or the wording. Its the fact that it causes offense to the nationalists, whether that offense is reasonable or not is irrelevant to the authorities.

It's just part of the anti British propaganda campaign thats been going on for years. And its working cause theres loads of fuckwit "bears" out there who are happy to see other bears be arrested or lose their jobs for singing. With friends like that who needs enemies 

And the excuse is "its just the way the world is" only its obvious that most of these rules only apply to Rangers fans and other fans always get away with it.

Because they have fought for it to be this way whilst we have sat there and done nothing other than feed them what they need to achieve their goals.

You are right, it has been driven by propaganda. Propaganda works. It drives political change.

The only thing we can do is to use propaganda to get their shite cancelled and try to stop falling foul of the new standards that have been set.

1 minute ago, Dickie said:

What fucking neutrals? Every cunt who has had a say on this from dornan to humza useless  is a self proclaimed celtic season ticket holder. Please go back to your COVID section and spout pish there.

In my experience most neutrals in Scotland think Rangers are the big bad bigoted club

Just now, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Nope, has never ever been about that.

Its all PR.

Celtic fans would hate nothing more than for Rangers fans to stop singing these songs. It is exactly what they want and need.

Us cleaning up our act would be absolute torture to them.

I'm confused mate. In one post you're talking about justifying our sectarian singing using whataboutery, then now you're disagreeing with my statement about eradicating sectarianism within our support but saying we should clean up our act to annoy the tarriers? 

2 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

It is just the way the world is. 

And none of us are doing one single fucking thing to change it. Arguing amongst ourselves about whether or not telling a population of perpetual victims to sort themselves out is acceptable 

Its not the way of the world for some. The taigs get away with hanging fucking effigies of Rangers fans and protestants at the stadium on telly. 

But bears are being banned and demonized for doing stuff on private buses.

Theres a double standard that effects us more than other clubs 

Flower of Scotland lyrics are   nonsensical.

The Normans carved up the Island of Britain with powerful barons  being given huge tracts of land  on the basis of loyalty and fealty in a hierarchical structure.

Those in power threw their lot in with whatever party would give them most advantage and maintain their own power base.

The male tenants...serfs...on their land were their footsoldiers.

The serfs fought on whatever side their master had declared his fealty to.

Serfs did not fight for their own bit of hill or glen but for the land of their masters.

If you did not fight you faced eviction, starvation,blacklisting and almost certain death as an example to your neighbours.

More akin to slavery than being a free man.

7 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Doesn't matter what I think. It has been deemed to be offensive and illegal.

Being called 'orange bastard' wouldnt really offend me ether, but like the famine song, it is sectarian.

And there is the real root of the problem. Not that a song is offensive, but that it has been deemed offensive for no other reason that it suits a narrative.

Which is the point I was trying to make about Flower of Scotland - and possibly a fair number of national anthems. If you want to twist them to be offensive you can. 

1 minute ago, scotty1976 said:

And there is the real root of the problem. Not that a song is offensive, but that it has been deemed offensive for no other reason that it suits a narrative.

Which is the point I was trying to make about Flower of Scotland - and possibly a fair number of national anthems. If you want to twist them to be offensive you can. 

The way the offensive behaviour at football act was written you could claim Mary Had A Little Lamb is offensive and get someone lifted for it

3 minutes ago, Willis said:

In my experience most neutrals in Scotland think Rangers are the big bad bigoted club

Yes agreed, that narrative was cast and is constantly rolled out on every possible occasion. Every slur from denying money to the NHS to kicking over sandcastles has been aired whilst behaviour imo that is worse is swept over regarding other teams. Mainly celtic but can you imagine the headlines and outrage if Rangers fans took to the park as per the Aberdeen snd St Mirren fans at the start of the season. Bigotry, jealousy and agenda fuel this unhealthy atmosphere atm, but the club have conducted themselves above reproach in their responses, even if not all on here agree with them…

10 minutes ago, Bluekev said:

As soon as they got the word Sectarian changed to "Anti Irish" whenever it involved us it was quite clear how this was going to go.

Sectarianism is the umbrella term. It’s never been changed.

it is then defined who it is  by using the prefix “anti”

for example the Shia/Sunni violence in Pakistan. 
anti-Shia rhetoric (and visa versa) is deemed sectarian. 

glad to help Kev.