Club Statement

Jamie29

41 minutes ago, Sket said:

Club are pathetic. Pandering to the haters and contributing to the onslaught.

Fucking cowards.

They cannot win here, they have to play smart, this is smart whether any of us believe it to be correct or not.

40 minutes ago, MayboleLoyal_atb said:

What happened to innoncent till proven guilty?

Out the window a very long time ago. This country is in the sewers with social media proclaiming victimised at everything and guilty until proven innocent,  then tarred with a brush. Meanwhile over at torbett towers , at least 6 convicted paedophiles and there is nothing to see here, move along.

There is no balance.

55 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Club have no real choice.

Identified as Rangers fans on the way home from a game - it’s within the scope for being eligible for a Football Banning Order.

Its not as black and white as that

I was lifted near a game after the match and they tried to charge me with the football act cause I had a ticket in my pocket but when it got to court the judge ruled that just cause I'd been to the game didn't mean that the football act applied on my way to or from the game and he actually gave the PF some shit for pushing for a football ban when it clearly wasn't in or around the stadium.

That said it wouldn't surprise me if others were convinced under similar circumstances. The impression I got was that the law was written so vaguely that they weren't sure what to do with people convicted of it.

1 minute ago, dummiesoot said:

They cannot win here, they have to play smart, this is smart whether any of us believe it to be correct or not.

Totally agree, the club in wishing to maintain the moral high ground over this had basically no choice. This swift and decisive action (agreed with or otherwise) cuts their agenda driven narrative dead and ‘should’ also set a standard for any alleged sectarian of inappropriate actions of fans of other clubs in the country. Of course the mouthpieces will stay under their rocks when other fans step over the line but let’s see how this plays out…

46 minutes ago, MayboleLoyal_atb said:

I disagree with the bans but to be fair I know a bear who got banned after getting lifted at the piggery and then when he got found not guilty the club lifted the ban 

Its a tough one for the club, can you imagine the reaction if these guys were photographed at Ibrox a week after being charged with racism, then imagine they did it again and were filmed, the club would be dragged through the gutter

This is only going to get worse the SNP and Greens now have the numbers to pass the hate crime bill, then anyone anywhere can be convicted for their opinions and speech. 

Saddest part is this has been on the horizon for over a decade and nothing has been done to tackle it 

7 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Banning supporters before their guilt has even been determined.  Fucking embarrassing.

Also, the amount of times I’ve read or heard on the media today the fans were singing “anti-Irish Catholic” songs.  That’s funny because the song they are supposed to have sung (which there is a major claim of doctored video going on btw) was a song about the Irish famine, was it just catholics that died during that?  

Pure witch-hunt and what chance have you got when Rangers join it.  Embarrassing.  Fuck the board. 

This is a fair point. It should probably be a suspension for anyone charged and then banned if guilty or suspension lifted if not. 

21 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Is it fuck smart. It's cowardice and they are playing right into the hands of these soap dodgers bastards.

It'll be half and half old firm scarves and snp flags at Ibrox in the not too distant future under these fucking bully victims.

1 hour ago, MayboleLoyal_atb said:

Club always ban until proven innocent tbf

20 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Banning supporters before their guilt has even been determined.  Fucking embarrassing.

Also, the amount of times I’ve read or heard on the media today the fans were singing “anti-Irish Catholic” songs.  That’s funny because the song they are supposed to have sung (which there is a major claim of doctored video going on btw) was a song about the Irish famine, was it just catholics that died during that?  

Pure witch-hunt and what chance have you got when Rangers join it.  Embarrassing.  Fuck the board. 

The claims of it being doctored are a load of shite tbf

33 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Out the window a very long time ago. This country is in the sewers with social media proclaiming victimised at everything and guilty until proven innocent,  then tarred with a brush. Meanwhile over at torbett towers , at least 6 convicted paedophiles and there is nothing to see here, move along.

There is no balance.

Is in particular is indefensible. The free press indeed.

1 hour ago, Lord Lockin said:

in the Clubs position what would you do 

Fuck all. It never happened in the ground or near the ground. The police never did anything at the time and it only got acted upon once it was reported in the press and Dornan the clown brought it up.

1 hour ago, Sket said:

Club are pathetic. Pandering to the haters and contributing to the onslaught.

Fucking cowards.

The Club had no option. 

Irrespective of the arguments there was only one outcome. 

I have to ask what the hell they were thinking singing that song in front of the Police.

Some will have a police record for a hate crime and their lives will be  affected for potentially years to come.

We can argue about whether it's a hate crime or not on here. Unless they have good lawyers that's what it will be called.

Just now, Dickie1963 said:

The Club had no option. 

Irrespective of the arguments there was only one outcome. 

I have to ask what the hell they were thinking singing that song in front of the Police.

Some will have a police record for a hate crime and their lives will be  affected for potentially years to come.

We can argue about whether it's a hate crime or not on here. Unless they have good lawyers that's what it will be called.

The police at the time didn't do a single thing. Surely that says they weren't actually that arsed until the bitter bastards put it in the media.

43 minutes ago, Willis said:

Its not as black and white as that

I was lifted near a game after the match and they tried to charge me with the football act cause I had a ticket in my pocket but when it got to court the judge ruled that just cause I'd been to the game didn't mean that the football act applied on my way to or from the game and he actually gave the PF some shit for pushing for a football ban when it clearly wasn't in or around the stadium.

That said it wouldn't surprise me if others were convinced under similar circumstances. The impression I got was that the law was written so vaguely that they weren't sure what to do with people convicted of it.

Yes, it certainly depends on what you have alleged to have done in terms of being prosecuted, but what I'm saying is if your behaviour looks within the scope of a receiving a ban the club will more than likely take interim action.

Normally if the club are notified by the Police that they believe said person is an attendee the club will normally put in an indefinite ban until the legal process is finished and you'll either get a confirmed ban or you will be free to return depending on the outcome. They don't have a choice with all the media scrutiny around the issue.

The club itself in the Season Ticket terms and conditions say that anyone found engaged in racist or discriminatory behaviour can receive a club lifetime ban and that individuals also risk prosecution. Rangers are basically saying there that if found engaged in that behaviour, convicted or not, you are still liable for a ban - and the other thing is that clause mentions nothing in the way of the behaviour having to happen in, or in the surrounds of the ground.

10 minutes ago, Bluekev said:

The police at the time didn't do a single thing. Surely that says they weren't actually that arsed until the bitter bastards put it in the media.

Easier for them to do nothing though mate, means no trouble breaks out