Club Statement

Jamie29

1 hour ago, Willis said:

If anti Irish songs and phrases are racist then so are anti British songs and phrases so I assume half the SNP will be lifted for their twitter posts and rants 

One way street. Look at the Scottish national anthem. Anti English surely and should be treated how we are treated. 
Will it be? Not a chance. 

28 minutes ago, Dickie1963 said:

The Club had no option. 

Irrespective of the arguments there was only one outcome. 

I have to ask what the hell they were thinking singing that song in front of the Police.

Some will have a police record for a hate crime and their lives will be  affected for potentially years to come.

We can argue about whether it's a hate crime or not on here. Unless they have good lawyers that's what it will be called.

How did they have no option? Have celtic been asked what action they’re taking against cunts fighting on Sunday?

Just catching up with this. It's a very volatile topic which we won't all agree on. Think a lot of posters are almost scared to voice an opinion due to the amount of shit you have to eat on here for it but fuck it, that's the nature of a fitba forum.

I get both sides, I preferred the time when you could shout whatever the fuck you wanted within reason and nobody cried however, whether we like it or not - the day is here where the offended are running this shit show and it has the capacity to hurt our club. What are people want the club to do? That's a genuine question and no a dig. For folks slating our board and their actions, what is the alternative?

25 minutes ago, Ladytonbear said:

Genuine question - how do the club know who has been arrested since it didn’t happen at the game to be able to ban them? Surely data protection would prevent the police from telling them?

Maybe the club identified them and gave police the details?

1 minute ago, GersInCanada said:

Difficult as I find it to agree with the club on the stance they have taken I can understand it. Show our club to be squeaky clean and then go after another club who demonstrably are not.

The only cunts we go after is if it’s affecting directors I.e. parks with cinch. What happened to our legal action against cunts accusing players of sectarian singing,the board hate our fans just as much as everyone else does and always have,fucking useless bastards.

2 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

nothing to do with battling sectarianism but all to do with damaging/ weakening a Unionist organisation to further their separation pish 

Without a doubt, it will have been a planted question for Sturgeon to rant once more. 

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

Slippery slope the club are going down now. Even engaging with the likes of Dornan is pandering to him, his hoardes and makes us look extremely weak when it’s clear he’s as biased as they come. 

Banning people for something that happened 4 miles from the stadium is also setting a dangerous precedent and one that Rangers only seem to be told what to do funniely enough. 

58 minutes ago, Bluekev said:

Fuck all. It never happened in the ground or near the ground. The police never did anything at the time and it only got acted upon once it was reported in the press and Dornan the clown brought it up.

We as a Club are being pushed into a corner with these horrible bastards and as you say this was not near Ibrox, the tarriers would never have said a word and my worry is that we are now running from the SNP/Greens and that will not end well IMO.

12 minutes ago, Dickie said:

The only cunts we go after is if it’s affecting directors I.e. parks with cinch. What happened to our legal action against cunts accusing players of sectarian singing,the board hate our fans just as much as everyone else does and always have,fucking useless bastards.

Wouldn't go as far as saying our board hate us but I do agree they could do more. I think we've seen glimpses of them trying to protect our name with things like the BBC on going battles etc but I do think they shoulda done more with your example for instance of the wrongful accusations.

1 minute ago, Bears r us said:

We as a Club are being pushed into a corner with these horrible bastards and as you say this was not near Ibrox, the tarriers would never have said a word and my worry is that we are now running from the SNP/Greens and that will not end well IMO.

The only thing to do now mate is fight fire with fire. The club need to highlight everything that is anti Rangers, Anti British and any sectarian behaviour aimed towards us to the media and MSPs and demand that action is taken. If action isn't taken then the club need to release a statement to the media that it is a blatant one sided crusade by the powers that be.

1 minute ago, Bluekev said:

The only thing to do now mate is fight fire with fire. The club need to highlight everything that is anti Rangers, Anti British and any sectarian behaviour aimed towards us to the media and MSPs and demand that action is taken. If action isn't taken then the club need to release a statement to the media that it is a blatant one sided crusade by the powers that be.

Yeah I agree with this. One thing we don't seem to have is someone in a position of power in the media who calls out this shit. They have their Dornan's/Stewart's/  etc, who funnily enough only really started piping up when things on the pitch stopped going their way. 

Sturgeon today, everyone is welcome in Scotland 

Tory…except English 

Yet we have the cult.

England out of Scotland 

English go home

No tories in Scotland.

Yet Sturgeon gets offended and the Tory has to apologise 

Where’s Sturgeon’s apology for her fans.

5 minutes ago, In walter we trust said:

The club already made a statement , no need for another one , give the lads a fare chance to defend themselves in court 

Whatever has happened to the presumption of innocence. One gets the impression that no longer applys in Scotland if you are a Bear.

3 hours ago, gj923 said:

forgot about some of them but its typical that the SNP think its acceptable to say that about fellow politicians just because they are conservatives

They have created hatred and division in this country

And for some guy that grew up in the gorbals to pretend to use the word "fag" as that is a term in public schools rather than a typical gay slur is fucking laughable

Interesting that his get out clause was that a word can have more than one meaning 

30 minutes ago, Bluekev said:

I very much agree with that :thumbup: my fear is the  Club will not do that, but obviously hope I am wrong.

The first statement about this had a bit that many on here said was having a go at the SNP and others, well they maybe did but saying things that needs people reading between the lines is pointless, if we are going to make a point about those who are trying to harm us then say it loud and clear.

Say we are not going to accept being treated differently so that everyone is fully aware what we are saying.