Club Statement

Jamie29

3 hours ago, GersInCanada said:

Difficult as I find it to agree with the club on the stance they have taken I can understand it. Show our club to be squeaky clean and then go after another club who demonstrably are not.

Much as I agree, I'd have thought nothing should be done until there is a guilty verdict!

45 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

As someone who falls into the bracket of genuinely irish having been born and lived on the island my entire life I find it very confusing that someone with a Glaswegian accent can feel victim of “anti irish racism”

Tbh mate confusing is probably the nicest way you can put it, considering what has happened over your way it is patronising and condescending for someone from Glasgow to even suggest they are a “victim”.

28 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

If someone from England shouted “irish cunt” towards me and a scottish celtic fan both not in colours but both conversing beforehand, is it the Scottish guy they’re talking to?

If it enters his thoughts, even for a fleeting moment that it might be him, I guarantee he thinks he's more Irish than you.

48 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

In my 45 years on this earth I've been called numerous insults, sectarian, racist and general abuse, never once given a flying fuck, far more concerned about some cunt jumping out a car and belting me with a machete or a baseball bat, what a bunch of wee fairies the human race has become, by fairies I mean wee jessie's, in case someone thinks I'm having a go at gay people and my door gets booted in at 6am

While I’m not disagreeing with your general point, mate, I’m not sure that many of us will ever have been given the choice of being called an orange bastard or being belted with a machete 🤷

22 minutes ago, Dickie1963 said:

OK I'll give you that.

In fact good point

Its a very good point that a lot of people (no directed at you) seem to be missing. Actually bowing to the SNP's demands at the expense of their fans. Fucking shitebag bastards, the board. 

51 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Never forget people, this is what you're dealing with 

Screenshot_20210902-212306_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210902-212302_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210902-212255_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210902-212438_Chrome.jpg

That tweet at the top is essentially saying that SNP policy has shifted to there being no such thing as sectarianism in Scotland any more and there can only be "anti- Irish racism" which isnt racism at all. 

Also, if that's the case, it surely must cover Protestants from Ireland too? They're conflating far too many things here in order to shift the Overton window on this conversation.