Club Statement

Jamie29

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

As much as I would like to agree with this, I dont think it is right. It is an over simplification.

In one you are talking about sending back essentially refugees hundreds of years after they fled a famine.

In the other, it is a song about repelling an army. This would be like saying that the 'german bomber' song was racist.

Wait.......

https://fanbanter.co.uk/offensive-chant-will-see-england-fans-banned-by-the-fa-if-sung-at-wembley/

Ive actually edited my post before posting. Looks like that song is indeed now off limits. Guess the flower of scotland lyrics also fit the bill then. 

Would rather legalise it all tbf, can’t be arsed with this perma offended shite bring back the 90’s 

2 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

As much as I would like to agree with this, I dont think it is right. It is an over simplification.

In one you are talking about sending back essentially refugees hundreds of years after they fled a famine.

In the other, it is a song about repelling an army. This would be like saying that the 'german bomber' song was racist.

Wait.......

https://fanbanter.co.uk/offensive-chant-will-see-england-fans-banned-by-the-fa-if-sung-at-wembley/

Ive actually edited my post before posting. Looks like that song is indeed now off limits. Guess the flower of scotland lyrics also fit the bill then. 

You know the worlds fucked when you can’t be “racist” against Nazis 

1 minute ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Would rather legalise it all tbf, can’t be arsed with this perma offended shite bring back the 90’s 

It is totally mock offence, but there is no turning back.

There is a % of the fan base who will continue to break these rules and it will reflect badly on us.

It is only going to be so long before the shit really hits the fan and we are going to start getting real punishments.

Within about 5 years I can see points being deducted for it and stadium closures and the likes.

3 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Call It Out and one of the SNP MPs confirmed use of those terms to be a deliberate strategy. So it's entirely one sided.

None of this is coincidence.

Of course it is. The fucking cunts are at it, and we had better learn a defence pretty quick.

And sometimes the best form of defence is attack.

1 hour ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Wait.......

Actually you have made a good point with this...the Flower of Scotland is indeed the type of song which if sung by us would quickly escalate into fans getting jail time. That is a message that should be fucking hammered home, tae think again.

2 hours ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Just sick of this sycophantic shite by the club tbh, call this out for what it is ask questions of “others” and stop being easy targets, trying to satisfy people with an insatiable blood lust against our club is never going to work, club need to realise the more we bend the more they cunts will push 

They simply can't.

What you are suggesting is Rangers Vs The World.

There is no option to "call this out for what it is", it would fucking end us.

Yes we all know that it is mock offence mostly, but we simply can't say it. The political pressure would be unreal. Sponsors would leave us, we would be financially crippled and then to top it off, we would be hit with sanctions for brining the game into Ill repute.

Folk have just got to move with the times and stop singing things that are now deemed sectarian/racist. If they don't, they run the risk of damaging the club and getting a lifetime ban. If they do, it's on them.

2 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

They simply can't.

What you are suggesting is Rangers Vs The World.

There is no option to "call this out for what it is", it would fucking end us.

Yes we all know that it is mock offence mostly, but we simply can't say it. The political pressure would be unreal. Sponsors would leave us, we would be financially crippled and then to top it off, we would be hit with sanctions for brining the game into Ill repute.

Folk have just got to move with the times and stop singing things that are now deemed sectarian/racist. If they don't, they run the risk of damaging the club and getting a lifetime ban. If they do, it's on them.

It really is beyond the pale that sponsors would indeed leave the club, but seem more than happy to sign deals with clubs that harbour paedophiles. Mock offence does not even enter the field of play for that one.

My own thoughts are we need to ca' canny we keep shooting ourselves in the foot. A song that started out as mocking the plastic paddies has now been deemed racist, sectarian, anti-Irish. We cannot continue.

I have watched that video once, two things stick out, why have the police not arrested at the time of singing the song? There is something not right with the sound versus timing and amount if clapping. 

The club is right to say that this sort of thing isn't welcome and the people engaging in it need to learn to move on or risk being left behind. 

The club is also right to hint at the hypocrisy we see regarding this from social commentators and politicians. We shouldn't be saying " well they called Jimmy Bell an orange bastatd, so why can't we engage in racist/xenophobic/sectarianchanting?" We should be saying " we condemn this and will take action where we can. Also, we've reported an unsavoury, sectarian incident where a member of our staff was abused in a song led by a fucking 6 year old" to the police."

We can't, and shouldn't, be fighting for the right to do it. We can, and should, be highlighting every single slip up of note they make to fight the narrative that this is a Rangers problem.

7 hours ago, folkestoneger said:

The club has no choice. If this kind of thing keeps up we will  eventually see action being taken against the club and nothing we can say will stop it.

It is simply not acceptable to March down a street singing about immigrants from any country being told to go home. Yes I think that equally applies to the anti English sentiment displayed by many up there but 2 wrongs don’t make a right .

We can hardly demand action for acts against our players if we condone this.

Nothing will happen to the club. 

Using those scummy cunts from the east as a marker for our own behaviour is wrong, very wrong. 
who gives a complete fuck what they do - their behaviour has absolutely no impact on our behaviour.
Whether they are castigated by the press/government/cops or not

“Aye but ……….  “ makes it about them and not us  

6 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Using those scummy cunts from the east as a marker for our own behaviour is wrong, very wrong. 
who gives a complete fuck what they do - their behaviour has absolutely no impact on our behaviour.
Whether they are castigated by the press/government/cops or not

“Aye but ……….  “ makes it about them and not us  

Them - good

Us - bad, very bad

1 hour ago, Jelavic191 said:

Rangers and it’s fans are the most visible display of support for the UK in Scotland. Any chance these clowns get to discredit the club, they’ll grab it and run with it They don’t care about racism, they’re only using it to further their own aims and we’re giving them open goals here. 

Problem is we have a minority who play into their hands each and every time with it.

Just either thick as fuck, or care more about being rebellious than the impact on the club. 

We’re dragged through the mud time and time again. We all know the political and cultural climate we’re in now. Need to act accordingly. 

8 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Wait.......

I had a disagreement with a guy at work years ago. He claims the sash was sectarian to which my response was it commemorates a historic battle and if that was the case any songs which commemorates UK historic victories at Waterloo, Trafalgar etc could be deemed racist to which he said yes. Knowing he was a big independence supporter I then asked if Flower if Scotland was therefore racist as it commemorates a Scotland victory over England. According to him it isn't, his justification because it is Scotland's national anthem. That somehow exempted it from challenge. 

10 minutes ago, Brubear said:

I had a disagreement with a guy at work years ago. He claims the sash was sectarian to which my response was it commemorates a historic battle and if that was the case any songs which commemorates UK historic victories at Waterloo, Trafalgar etc could be deemed racist to which he said yes. Knowing he was a big independence supporter I then asked if Flower if Scotland was therefore racist as it commemorates a Scotland victory over England. According to him it isn't, his justification because it is Scotland's national anthem. That somehow exempted it from challenge. 

In simple terms why is it wrong to sing about 17th century battles but fine to sing about a 14th century one. If we played the Sash over the Ibrox PA (and there’s no reason why we shouldn’t) the reaction would be brutal, meanwhile over at the Brendanbeu they  blast The Fields of Athenry out.  Rangers FC bear no responsibility for the actions of fans away from the Stadium, they are private individuals. Seems too many have forgotten how our enemies attacked us when we were at our weakest, no matter what we sing or don’t sing they will still want us dead.