Itten to Bundesliga on Loan - Confirmed

Broxi

1 minute ago, Tak3rNo1 said:

Considering Defoe is coaching and Roofe has a worrying injury record I'm not sure I like this.

He wasn't giving enough (for me) when he played. He will be looking for games too, and he won't get them here. 

I would rather give a youngster the chance as 4th or 5th choice striker tbh. 

20 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

He wasn't giving enough (for me) when he played. He will be looking for games too, and he won't get them here. 

I would rather give a youngster the chance as 4th or 5th choice striker tbh. 

I think he was probably giving too much, trying too hard to make an impact 

35 minutes ago, Tak3rNo1 said:

Considering Defoe is coaching and Roofe has a worrying injury record I'm not sure I like this.

Crossed my mind too. Perhaps punting him and one or two others out on loan reduces the squad costs, maybe this is the trade off, albeit slight, allowing us to go with a decent match squad, CL spot being the carrot. 

1 hour ago, Broxi said:

Others speculating we might bring someone in if we shipped Itten out but given it’s just a lot I imagine we’ll just go with Morelos, Roofe and Sakala

Doubt we will bring anyone else in if there is an option to recall Itten in January. But we’re fucked if Roofe or Morelos pick up an injury.

Seemed a hard worker, but didn’t have the ‘snap’ about his play you need for the lone striker role. 

Few moments of quality, but never making it here. Levels below Morelos and Roofe. 

Looks much more suited to two up top, which does beg the question why have we signed him?

Also we must have the world record for signing guys, not playing them and then punting them on loan for the next 3-4 years before they leave.

31 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

And he took to Instagram to say: "Dear Rangers fans

"Looking back on great memories. What a year we have had together.

"I was always very proud to represent the badge and the people on the pitch.

"I wish you a lot of success for this season and I'm convinced 56 is coming home. Where it belongs. Thanks for everything and see you soon. Ced."

Good comments, seems to think he can still make it here.

I like the big man think he needed a run to show what he could do. Only got 15 minute cameos with the odd start here and there so it’s hard to make an impression 

If that’s the last he’s played for us then the best I can say is his goal against Motherwell at Ibrox was absolutely massive in winning the league last year so I’ll be eternally greatful for that

A nice guy but totally unsuited to our normal style of play.    A bit of a mystery why we signed him because of that.  We'd have been better keeping Kamberi who was a better fit and a much cheaper option.     I'm now worried that we only have Morelos, Roofe and Sakala.   Defoe is well past it now in my opinion so I exclude him.  We are definitely short of striker options.

Good luck to him.  He was a decent player but never seemed like he'd ever be able to become a starter.  Hopefully does well and we make a profit from selling him next season.

I wonder if the lack of replacement might be so we can promote someone from the B squad.  A few good forwards in that squad and they all seem to score every time they play.

39 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

A nice guy but totally unsuited to our normal style of play.    A bit of a mystery why we signed him because of that.  We'd have been better keeping Kamberi who was a better fit and a much cheaper option.     I'm now worried that we only have Morelos, Roofe and Sakala.   Defoe is well past it now in my opinion so I exclude him.  We are definitely short of striker options.

We can recall Itten in January.

Absolutely useless a complete waste of money I saw enough after 3 appearance to know he wasn’t at the level we required and whoever scouted him should be sacked considering the fee we paid  I actually think he wasn’t watched live before we signed him instead our analysts looked at his stats and video clips and recommended him it happens too often in the modern game. Btw I think the rotten mob have done the same with there new signing from Holland strange no other side in for him despite being too scorer in Dutch league and cheap at 2.1m  very similar to Itten !