Big Guns Stay

The Godfather

14 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Pretty huge if you ask me. 

We all expected at least one to be sold to make up for no CL football but looks like the board are willing to risk it. 

We by far have the best squad in terms of quality players. If we reach anywhere near our best we will be absolutely fine this season. 

I'm more than happy with the window. 

Keeping everyone is beyond what anyone thought would happen. If any of the new signings add to it, it's a bonus. Admin 2.0 tho :lol:

6 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

Good risk to take. We win 56 and it is straight into the CL group stages. 

And we have offloaded some wage burners who are not likely to make significant contributions to 56. Not critical of the players concerned but all money saved.

13 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Only stayed because teams wouldn't pay what we wanted or weren't interested at all. Didn't sound like we were batting down offers left, right and centre.

It's irrespective, we kept all our main players which is the most important thing at this point in time. 

44 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Pretty huge if you ask me. 

We all expected at least one to be sold to make up for no CL football but looks like the board are willing to risk it. 

We by far have the best squad in terms of quality players. If we reach anywhere near our best we will be absolutely fine this season. 

I'm more than happy with the window. 

No business is good business

3 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Only stayed because teams wouldn't pay what we wanted or weren't interested at all. Didn't sound like we were batting down offers left, right and centre.

I'm happy with pretty much the status quo, plus some additions made well before the pandemonium of deadline day. We done our business early. Whether we had any genuine interest, or indeed offers or not for some of our sellable assets remains unclear, but fairly standard over the past couple of years whereby we have kept our cards close to our chest with our dealings. Whilst our only real challenger domestically now has to knit together a complete rebuild, we now go again, CL very much the objective. WATP  

6 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

Nothing to do with the board being “willing to risk it”

Its obvious we didn’t receive any offers for our players (or at least any half decent officers).

We can’t sell when no one try’s to buy.

Right. But if we are as cash strapped as some would have you believed we would have accepted lower offers. 

If the board believe that we can resist any approaches for our players that do not meet our valuations then that is to be applauded. you only have to look at St Johnstone letting their playing assets go for relative peanuts to see how these things could play out. 

The alternative would be that we are as cash strapped as some would have you believe and admin is in our future. 

Good news from a short term footballing perspective but one that opens the club up to a lot of risk. 

As it stands we’ve got a c.£10-15m funding shortfall this season with no transparency on how that is met. We know the main investors are maxed out, we know that recent funding went in as secured loans with interest attached. So where is that coming from?

We also have a scenario now where most of our main assets next summer will be a year older, and only have 1 year left on their deals: Kent, Morelos, Kamara (albeit rumours he might extend), Aribo & Helander with the likes of McGregor, Davis, Arfield, McLaughlin all out of contract. 

Not withstanding the first point about funding & assuming they find investor(s) to fund it, it really is all or nothing this season. Fail to win the league this year and we’re in a whole world of pain. 

This season was always bigger than last when it became clear CL groups was a guarantee. 

We have to win the league this season, it’s as simple as that, having all those players available gives us our best chance to do so. It wipes out the shortfall and puts us in the black and a massive position of strength where we probably only would move on 1 or 2 instead of losing the league and having to make up shortfalls all over the place

29 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Good news from a short term footballing perspective but one that opens the club up to a lot of risk. 

As it stands we’ve got a c.£10-15m funding shortfall this season with no transparency on how that is met. We know the main investors are maxed out, we know that recent funding went in as secured loans with interest attached. So where is that coming from?

We also have a scenario now where most of our main assets next summer will be a year older, and only have 1 year left on their deals: Kent, Morelos, Kamara (albeit rumours he might extend), Aribo & Helander with the likes of McGregor, Davis, Arfield, McLaughlin all out of contract. 

Not withstanding the first point about funding & assuming they find investor(s) to fund it, it really is all or nothing this season. Fail to win the league this year and we’re in a whole world of pain. 

Don't worry mate, the club will just up the price of My Gers and bring out an extra kit.

38 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

That’s the gamble the board are taking is it not? Keep what we have and it puts us in a strong position for the champions league pot of gold at the end.

£6m from Europa ticket sales should help plus other prize money.

If we’re 10–15 points clear in January I could see an asset being sold to balance the books. 
This season is huge now and the title for the guaranteed money is huge now .

2 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

That’s the gamble the board are taking is it not? Keep what we have and it puts us in a strong position for the champions league pot of gold at the end.

£6m from Europa ticket sales should help plus other prize money.

If we’re 10–15 points clear in January I could see an asset being sold to balance the books. 
This season is huge now and the title for the guaranteed money is huge now .

Appears to be, albeit as other posters have said I’m not sure there was much interest in the players so perhaps more forced on them than a choice. 

If it works, then great. If it doesn’t it’s going to be horrendous and I’m not sure that’s what I want from a Rangers board given everything we’ve been through. 

15 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Appears to be, albeit as other posters have said I’m not sure there was much interest in the players so perhaps more forced on them than a choice. 

If it works, then great. If it doesn’t it’s going to be horrendous and I’m not sure that’s what I want from a Rangers board given everything we’ve been through. 

Does the share issue cover any costs?

Teams probably looked and thought our players failed to get into the champions League and it's maybe put them off, we've retained easily the best sqaud in Scotland so no excuse for not winning two in a row, very confident we'll go on a long run now and blow the scum out the water.

Hard to believe there wasn't interest in our players, we probably received enquiries but our asking price was a bit much at this time. If our players have another good season, and with potentially a few of them on longer contracts, then I am sure we will receive decent offers for a few of them next year. Keeping all these players now could pay off massively for us.