Big Guns Stay

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The biggest shock for me is lack of concrete interest in Kamara.

He’d walk into any English team outwith Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool and Man U and even at that, is Fred better than him?

I wouldn't swap Fred/Matic/McTominay, Rodri and a past it Fernandinho or Keita for Kamara.

Might get shot down on that one, but I don't really rate any of them. 

BroxiSonBoris and King Jela like this

Just now, esquire8 said:

That's what I meant.

Sometimes they take a while for a whole manner of reasons. 

Goldson has until December to sign a new deal or he can freely talk to other clubs after then, Kamara will be in the same situation next Xmas. 

I don't think it will be a problem getting Aribo and Helander to sign new deals.

Hoping Goldson and Kamara do very soon.

Actually very worried that both Morelos and Kent will not be interested in signing a new deal. Hope I'm wrong on that!

Not buying that nobody wanted our players.

If we were actively trying to move people on we could have got money for Goldson, Tav, Barisic, Helander, Patterson, Kamara, Hagi, Aribo, Morelos, Kent and Roofe.

Board have clearly taken a gamble on us winning the league again.

11 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Not buying that nobody wanted our players.

If we were actively trying to move people on we could have got money for Goldson, Tav, Barisic, Helander, Patterson, Kamara, Hagi, Aribo, Morelos, Kent and Roofe.

Board have clearly taken a gamble on us winning the league again.

I expect there would have been offers on the table but they didn't match the valuations our board have set. 

I honestly expected at least 1 or 2 to be sold after the CL exit. 

The board are definitely going for league and automatic Champions league. They surely however must have a plan in case it doesn't come off. 

I knew we wouldnt sell anyone and add to the squad. Let sellick sell all their best players and waste the money.

we’ve been building and adding to the squad every year since we were promoted. That’s why we are champions, we keep our best players and they sell. 

2 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

No they haven't closed the gap because I expect them to get around the same points as last season.

We won't get as much, which has nothing to do with 'them closing the gap'.. it really is not that hard to understand. :lol:

Assume all the other sides will have 'closed the gap' on your criteria, dear god!

We had a unreal unbeaten season that very likely will never be equalled, the gap heading into this season realistically was about 10-15 points, that gap is still there.

Ok Mystic Meg. 

There is less of a gap than there was last season. Agreed?

Mixed about this. I suppose if we were desperate we would have cashed in on the low ball offers but this squad is incredibly stale. Really hope Bacuna, Kelly and Lundstram can step it up. Our players clearly not highly rated enough to attract serious money. 

6 hours ago, eskbankloyal said:

Good news from a short term footballing perspective but one that opens the club up to a lot of risk. 

As it stands we’ve got a c.£10-15m funding shortfall this season with no transparency on how that is met. We know the main investors are maxed out, we know that recent funding went in as secured loans with interest attached. So where is that coming from?

We also have a scenario now where most of our main assets next summer will be a year older, and only have 1 year left on their deals: Kent, Morelos, Kamara (albeit rumours he might extend), Aribo & Helander with the likes of McGregor, Davis, Arfield, McLaughlin all out of contract. 

Not withstanding the first point about funding & assuming they find investor(s) to fund it, it really is all or nothing this season. Fail to win the league this year and we’re in a whole world of pain. 

How long before we feel the effects of that 10 million loss? Would we be able to sell £10 million worth of players in January or will it be too late by that point? 

5 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Mixed about this. I suppose if we were desperate we would have cashed in on the low ball offers but this squad is incredibly stale. Really hope Bacuna, Kelly and Lundstram can step it up. Our players clearly not highly rated enough to attract serious money. 

Perhaps our players are viewed as a good "team" member, within our successful team. Take the individual out of the team, does the perception and value somewhat diminish? Strange that after such a dominant season domestically, and some decent EL stuff, certainly in the group stages, we've had no bids we cant turn down, or have we?   

12 minutes ago, King Jela said:

I can't figure out if I think Bacuna will be closer to amazing or a flop.

1 minute ago, Leeds_Bear said:

I can't figure out if I think Bacuna will be closer to amazing or a flop.

Curacao's finest player. I just hope he gets an opportunity. 2-3 average performances in this team, you're at the back of the queue. The challenges of being at the champions I guess. 

5 minutes ago, BlueHatBlueDay said:

Perhaps our players are viewed as a good "team" member, within our successful team. Take the individual out of the team, does the perception and value somewhat diminish? Strange that after such a dominant season domestically, and some decent EL stuff, certainly in the group stages, we've had no bids we cant turn down, or have we?   

They turned 16 million down last year so I'd like to think its a case of just not meeting our evaulation rather than massive gamble 

BlueHatBlueDay likes this

17 minutes ago, King Jela said:

How long before we feel the effects of that 10 million loss? Would we be able to sell £10 million worth of players in January or will it be too late by that point? 

Nothing aimed at the poster I asked this question to btw but I never get an answer to this question. Does anybody know? 

27 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Shite patter when you don’t have a decent response.

Nothing more hilarious than someone who talks utter shit regularly, ignores points constantly and then replies with snide remarks that have nothing to do with the posts, that's you in a nutshell.

:lol:

I think it's very encouraging and an indication that the club at the top is in good hands because it would have been the easiest thing to do after losing the CL money to make a few cuts.

I suppose just as they showed faith in Gerrard to stop the HMRC10 if he was backed they are doing the same now with the CL riches waiting at the end of this season 

8 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Nothing more hilarious than someone who talks utter shit regularly, ignores points constantly and then replies with snide remarks that have nothing to do with the posts, that's you in a nutshell.

:lol:

A wee emoji when you’ve got nothing else left is always a good one. 

You’re the one throwing the insults about. Behave yourself and stop looking for arguments that are pedantic as fuck.

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

Basically we wouldn’t have the money to continue trading unless we took a loan to cover that loss. But the likelihood of us getting access to that kind of cash without some severe interest payments would be slim. 

We HAVE to win the league this year, or it’ll be a complete fire sale next summer. If the league is in the balance in January and we get any serious bids, I’d expect the board to be tempted.

Surprised we knocked back £8million for Patterson, that sounded like more money than we could afford to turn down for a backup right now.