Will potentially need to be vaccinated to get into Ibrox

RangersMedia

22 minutes ago, five stars said:

It depends on your age.

If your young your risk from covid is tiny. Was one of the vaccines not banned from young people because of the dangers?

Yes, but as you say it’s banned. The other one isn’t and that’s what young people would get.

Your risk from the vaccine is even more tiny than th3 risk from the disease 

2 minutes ago, Rowley Birkin said:

im not saying youre going to die from it im saying this code doesnt stop you from getting it at the stadium

agree?

Everyone is aware you can still get it. The reason you get vaccinated is so you don’t die. Why would a football club want to hear a fan died after picking covid up at their ground?

Look mate we are on course to a bright new future, embrace it 

2 minutes ago, Rowley Birkin said:

why? im not saying those without a QR code are going to the gas chambers if thats what youre getting at but before that happened those who where deemed lesser where restricted in where to go where to eat where to shop etc

I Was not allowed to eat in at Burger King without a QR code, had to fill out a form instead. The que behind me wasn't pleased either.

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

You say this like it didnt happen with just about every vaccine roll out in history.

A very small % of people will have a bad reaction to a vaccine and some may die. The risk to an individual person is far higher from the virus than the vaccine, this is true of people in all the age groups offered the vaccine in the UK.

Yes, the presenter did die, which is a shame. Allot more healthy 44 year olds have died of covid than the vaccine.

Over 1500 deaths showing in the government’s yellow card system.  Several thousand in both Europe and in the USA.  But they’re just collateral, right. 

These vaccines are unique, this is not the same as every vaccine roll out in history that used tried and trusted, fully tested vaccine technology.  

13 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

A lab coat?

you know i was going to mention you in another thread about people on here who think they are more intelligent than they are and when they don't want to or cant answer something they turn into a troll but i thought better of it

whished to fuck i did now because i realise now most on here would agree with me

12 minutes ago, Toronto2Glasgow said:

Moved to Scotland at the start of this pandemic when Covid was “just a bad flu”. Spent over a year completely locked out of Ibrox with the rest of you. I did manage a tour, and the 55 celebrations, but have still never seen a live game. 
I’ve since moved back to Canada and been brought to tears by the atmospheres I’ve seen inside Ibrox, most recent OF especially. 

Put the politics, and bullshit aside, if these measures are enough to ensure we are never locked out of Ibrox again, surely that’s enough to make it worth while. 
Don’t think a lot of you realize how lucky you are, and what a privilege it is to step inside Ibrox every week. Don’t fuck this up. 

im actually a bit shocked with your post considering canada itself is in turmoil over similar things

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

It was shown to reduce transmission by between 40-60% (will be less against Delta tbf), not just stopping asymptomatic cases.

Saying "Look what is happening here or in Israel" does not change it. Without the vaccine the numbers would be accelerating faster.

Its an over simplification to say things are just a big guessing game, like a hairdresser is as knowledgeable as a virologist on the matter. We dont know everything yet, but its not like people are clueless, knowledge is increasing every day and they are not just plucking things out of the air.

Knowledge is increasing but there are still plenty of experts who all have different opinions and plenty of experts who are getting it wrong.  If it’s not a guessing game then explain why they move the goalposts every two seconds regarding lockdowns, mask wearing, saying schools don’t spread it, now they do, talking about boosters cos they don’t know how long immunity lasts - this all takes time to figure out and they are still not getting it right - governments and some of our scientific community are making it up as they go along.

Are you really qualified to say the disease would be spreading quicker without vaccination? For all we know, more people may have it without knowing they have it and spread it on to others more easily - you don’t know that and I don’t know that, anyone who thinks they know the answer is getting a wee bit beyond themselves at this stage.

When quoting percentage rates of transmission as you did above, I’m sorry but you can’t rely on that as being accurate and explaining the full picture.  Studies/surveys and stats will capture some essential data but not everyone gets tested, included in surveys etc.  Research is still taking place, different views still exist and it is wrong to dismiss other peoples views and opinions based on some scientific data - the scientific data may provide us with the answers we are all looking for in the years to come, but anybody who thinks they know what is going on here is kidding themselves on.

Look, there is no point having the vaccination argument all over again. This is being brought in and rightly or wrongly if you want to be in Ibrox you’re going to have to be double jagged or exempt.  There’s no point slagging each other off, it’s not our decision to make. 

29 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Ofcourse it is, why would they get a vaccine for a disease that has a ridiculously low chance of killing them or even hospitalising them. I only had it done because the way things were going it was looking like it would stop some of my civil liberties like going on holiday or going to a football match, as has been proven today. 

How about it would stop them sitting at home for 10 days ,if a close contact ,instead of earning their wages on the pitch where they should be 

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

Look, there is no point having the vaccination argument all over again. This is being brought in and rightly or wrongly if you want to be in Ibrox you’re going to have to be double jagged or exempt.  There’s no point slagging each other off, it’s not our decision to make. 

Should be stamped on every post here.

Well said.

9 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Everyone is aware you can still get it. The reason you get vaccinated is so you don’t die. Why would a football club want to hear a fan died after picking covid up at their ground?

Look mate we are on course to a bright new future, embrace it 

then why the need for a QR code

25 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

It was shown to reduce transmission by between 40-60% (will be less against Delta tbf), not just stopping asymptomatic cases.

Saying "Look what is happening here or in Israel" does not change it. Without the vaccine the numbers would be accelerating faster.

Its an over simplification to say things are just a big guessing game, like a hairdresser is as knowledgeable as a virologist on the matter. We dont know everything yet, but its not like people are clueless, knowledge is increasing every day and they are not just plucking things out of the air.

It's the delta variant that's prominent in the UK.

How effective is the vaccine in reducing the spread of the delta variant?