Will potentially need to be vaccinated to get into Ibrox

RangersMedia

Assuming this goes through (and no, I don't support it although I shielded for 5 months and am double jabbed) I am wondering what time supporters will have to start getting in to Ibrox to be in for 3pm.

45-50k supporters and it will take at least 10 seconds, if not considerable longer, for someone at each entrance to check the 'passports' is a helluva lot of extra  time that needs to be factored in.

1 minute ago, TEFTONG said:

C'mon to fuck mate. 

I always thought you were a decent sensible Bear. :unsure:

I am. The question is stupid because it’s a ridiculous answer that it would get! It isn’t a serious question  :lol:

I have two jabs, but I don’t see why the government should be allowed to essentially force you into something if you don’t want it. 

1 minute ago, ScottBF2 said:

If fannies want to be fannies and not get the vaccine and take the risk - their fault.

Aye but it’s not going to be looked at like that. Businesses do not want to be responsible for people ending up in hospital because they visited their premises unvaccinated. 

Literally prevent the unvaccinated from attending public events. I don’t care how they feel about their human rights being infringed 

Just now, Prso's headband said:

I am. The question is stupid because it’s a ridiculous answer that it would get! It isn’t a serious question  :lol:

I have two jabs, but I don’t see why the government should be allowed to essentially force you into something if you don’t want it. 

Why did you get the two jabs 

5 minutes ago, ianb1547 said:

Assuming this goes through (and no, I don't support it although I shielded for 5 months and am double jabbed) I am wondering what time supporters will have to start getting in to Ibrox to be in for 3pm.

45-50k supporters and it will take at least 10 seconds, if not considerable longer, for someone at each entrance to check the 'passports' is a helluva lot of extra  time that needs to be factored in.

Surely it would only need to be checked once and a quick show of photo ID to confirm its your smart card after that?

If its this or reduced attendances due to infection rates its an easy decision.

3 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Hmm, dont really object if im honest, as long as those who cant get the vaccine because of allergy are allowed in.

1. Slows the spread.

2. Keeps those who cant get the vaccine just a little bit more safe.

3. Encourages those who choose not to get the vaccine to get one.

4. Stops people putting themselves and the NHS unders extra pressure by attending a high risk event if they dont have the protection of the vaccine.

5. It pure winds up @Willis

Well, that just completely defeats the purpose entirely. 

I'm not saying I support it, but an outright ban on vulnerable people from attending Ibrox is consistent with vaccine passports, otherwise it's a fucking waste of time. Vaccinated people still spread it, irrespective of whether the risk is reduced, transmission risk is still significant. 

Can't do one without the other.

4 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Hmm, dont really object if im honest, as long as those who cant get the vaccine because of allergy are allowed in.

1. Slows the spread.

2. Keeps those who cant get the vaccine just a little bit more safe.

3. Encourages those who choose not to get the vaccine to get one.

4. Stops people putting themselves and the NHS unders extra pressure by attending a high risk event if they dont have the protection of the vaccine.

5. It pure winds up @Willis

What evidence do you have that the vaccine slows the spread?

2 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I'm sure we're heading for another lockdown. Read yesterday that Lanrkshire has the most confirmed cases in the whole of Europe. Can see them setting the allocation lower again.

Scotland can't afford another lockdown, confirmed by Kate Forbes yesterday. UK Gov has to fund it and they have shown absolutely zero appetite to reintroduce restrictions. 

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

Not really, as others have said you should only have to provide it once with photographic ID. 

The club could even make an app with a QR code that is combined with your ST for entry 

That would mean the club has to somehow save and store access to confidential medical records - the additional data security required for this runs to tens of thousands of pounds a year, because the penalties for a leak are vast

3 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I'm sure we're heading for another lockdown. Read yesterday that Lanrkshire has the most confirmed cases in the whole of Europe. Can see them setting the allocation lower again.

If we are then it will have to be put in place very quickly and will be very short. 

No furlough = no lockdown.

5 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Don’t have a problem with stopping people leaving or entering Lanarkshire.

5 years should be enough.

3 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Science.

Ive posted it about 500 times and cunts just ignore it, so cant really be fucked looking it out again, for it to be ignored for the 501st time.

The evidence you have is science! 😂 

You have no evidence you clearly know nothing about it.

2 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Scotland can't afford another lockdown, confirmed by Kate Forbes yesterday. UK Gov has to fund it and they have shown absolutely zero appetite to reintroduce restrictions. 

That would mean the club has to somehow save and store access to confidential medical records - the additional data security required for this runs to tens of thousands of pounds a year, because the penalties for a leak are vast

I'm in tears at this :lol:

Imagine the ticket office processing special category data like that :lol: 

2 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Well, that just completely defeats the purpose entirely. 

I'm not saying I support it, but an outright ban on vulnerable people from attending Ibrox is consistent with vaccine passports, otherwise it's a fucking waste of time. Vaccinated people still spread it, irrespective of whether the risk is reduced, transmission risk is still significant. 

Can't do one without the other.

No it doesn't.

Much of a vaccine programme is done to offer protection to those in society who cannot get the vaccine due to allergic problems. This has always been a consistent purpose in vaccination programmes.

Banning people who cannot get the vaccine due to allergy is not really any different to banning someone over the age of 70 who has been double vaccinated. The person over 70 would still be more at risk of Covid than a person in their 20s who had not been vaccinated.

I have no issue with making vaccination required for those who are eligible, but I would not be comfortable in excluding those in society who have no choice. What next, ban the disabled supporters because they are more at risk as well?