Will potentially need to be vaccinated to get into Ibrox

RangersMedia

10 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Aye but it’s not going to be looked at like that. Businesses do not want to be responsible for people ending up in hospital because they visited their premises unvaccinated. 

Literally prevent the unvaccinated from attending public events. I don’t care how they feel about their human rights being infringed 

I'd agree with the bottom part tbh.

3 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Scotland can't afford another lockdown, confirmed by Kate Forbes yesterday. UK Gov has to fund it and they have shown absolutely zero appetite to reintroduce restrictions. 

That would mean the club has to somehow save and store access to confidential medical records - the additional data security required for this runs to tens of thousands of pounds a year, because the penalties for a leak are vast

Would it not just mean you have to willingly show them your proof of vaccine? 

I wouldn’t particularly care if the general public somehow found out I’m vaccinated 

8 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Well, that just completely defeats the purpose entirely. 

I'm not saying I support it, but an outright ban on vulnerable people from attending Ibrox is consistent with vaccine passports, otherwise it's a fucking waste of time. Vaccinated people still spread it, irrespective of whether the risk is reduced, transmission risk is still significant. 

Can't do one without the other.

Well I mean that’s a bit ‘all or nothing’ isn’t it? Surely the vast majority of the crowd being double vaxxed is an improvement, even if not entirely perfect.

8 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I'm sure we're heading for another lockdown. Read yesterday that Lanrkshire has the most confirmed cases in the whole of Europe. Can see them setting the allocation lower again.

Could see something like that coming.

Last week was a real eye opener. Have been working with the council over the summer and saw at least three days in a row where the testing centres across North Lanarkshire ran out of tests. I have nothing to do with testing, but the grief we were getting was something else. 

One drive in testing site had done more than 250 tests by 10.30 on one day. Scary to be honest.

Just now, Prso's headband said:

It would be good to see the data from these events tbh, however in Scotland the incompetence probably means it’s unavailable. 

I’m sure the Liverpool pilots in nightclubs and outside events registered very little covid cases after them

The risk goes up massively the more covid is kicking about.

As a country, Scotland is absolutely riddled with it. Must have got in the smack or something.

1 minute ago, five stars said:

If we want to save lives then we could

1. Stop people over 70 going. (By far the group with the highest level of fatalities)

2. Exclude people with underlining health conditions. 

3. Don't let the obese in.

The above would be more effective at saving lives than banning the unvaccinated.

Clearly this is politically motivated and goes way beyond what should be allowed in a so called "free country".

Cant, human rights, that would not be fair.

Just ban those who refuse the vaccine. Thats fine and does not effect their human rights.

1 minute ago, Creampuff said:

Well I mean that’s a bit ‘all or nothing’ isn’t it? Surely the vast majority of the crowd being double vaxxed is an improvement, even if not entirely perfect.

It's definitely an argument in which we need to look at the wider picture, and that if me being double vaxxed prevents someone else in the crowd from becoming severely unwell, then I am all for that. 

The only questions are how can we police it? And I do hope there are some sort of measures or dispensation in place for our more vulnerable supporters who may not be able to get the vaccination. They are the ones we need to protect. 

Just now, left winger said:

If the ticket office can activate a smart card for a non season ticket match, it can be activated to show someone has been double jabbed. The real difficulty will come with people using someone else’s ticket.

Its never going to be perfect, but ensuring all those with STs are vaccinated, or their card is deactivated would be a start.

Just now, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Cant, human rights, that would not be fair.

Just ban those who refuse the vaccine. Thats fine and does not effect their human rights.

You're clearly the sort of person that happy to follow along like a little sheep, believing whatever Nicola says on the news and is incapable of any sort of critical thinking.

At the end of the day, its just a condition of entry.

You cant get into a nightclub if you are 15. 15 year olds are still human and still have human rights.

They can come back and get in when they meet the requirements, i.e. they are over 18 and have been double vaccinated.

People that desperately want to get in can just go get the vaccine, simple. If not, they can go home and watch on the telly.

2 minutes ago, five stars said:

You're clearly the sort of person that happy to follow along like a little sheep, believing whatever Nicola says on the news and is incapable of any sort of critical thinking.

Is that so?

You seem to have a little bit of an obsession with me. If you dont like what Im saying, feel free to put me on ignore that way you wont have to get your knickers in a twist.

3 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

They should and I imagine will be exempted.

And to get an exemption those ST holders would have to tell the club either what treatment they are having / what allergy they have / what underlying condition they have.

Really?

I should add that I agree with you regarding the exemption....it's the process and information that would need to be shared that I dont agree with

11 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

No it doesn't.

Much of a vaccine programme is done to offer protection to those in society who cannot get the vaccine due to allergic problems. This has always been a consistent purpose in vaccination programmes.

Banning people who cannot get the vaccine due to allergy is not really any different to banning someone over the age of 70 who has been double vaccinated. The person over 70 would still be more at risk of Covid than a person in their 20s who had not been vaccinated.

I have no issue with making vaccination required for those who are eligible, but I would not be comfortable in excluding those in society who have no choice. What next, ban the disabled supporters because they are more at risk as well?

I know why the vaccine programme is done, but what I'm saying is that the transmission risk remains irrespective of vaccination and therefore higher risk people shouldn't be allowed in either. As I said before, I'm not advocating this, but this is the road this leads down and you may trust the Government but quite frankly I don't.

10 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Would it not just mean you have to willingly show them your proof of vaccine? 

I wouldn’t particularly care if the general public somehow found out I’m vaccinated 

Even if you willingly show them proof mate, the fines are absolutely huge if there's a data leak of medical records. It runs to a max of £20m or something crazy. As a result, it has to be hosted properly with proper secure access rights and administered/held safely - the computing companies know this and smash prices up if dealing with this type of data

8 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Yeah, it is, I don't think they can have it both ways. 

The rationale behind vaccine passports is to protect the vulnerable apparently, the only way to protect the vulnerable is to not allow them in to large events 

I repeat though, I do not support any of this :lol: