Will potentially need to be vaccinated to get into Ibrox

RangersMedia

10 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Because I always thought the countries I go on holiday to would require it, which is fine. 

I just never thought each country would try to pressure those who live there into getting it. 

We've all got different opinions on the vaccine and if it takes some sort of pressure for everyone ( medical reasons apart ) to get the vaccine I'm all for it 

1 minute ago, ianb1547 said:

And to get an exemption those ST holders would have to tell the club either what treatment they are having / what allergy they have / what underlying condition they have.

Really?

Where did I say they have to say what treatment they get?

Id be happy with just a wee approval tick signed off from the doc saying they are exempt from the vaccine.

Given recemtly over 80% of those in hospital with covid had at least 1 jab (scot govt stats) its a scandalous mechanism to control US not covid. Likely similar % with deaths though Leitch conveniently didn't have that figure.

And I'm double jabbed so it doesn't affect me.

Fucking hate the SNP

The reason they are trying to bring this in is because the number of people under 30 getting the vaccine has flatlined.

If your under 30 your more likely to die from the flu than covid 19 and you may not want to risk the potential (well documented) side effects from vaccine.

They've tried giving free pizza 😂, didn't work so now they'll try to take away your freedoms if you don't conform.

3 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

I know why the vaccine programme is done, but what I'm saying is that the transmission risk remains irrespective of vaccination and therefore higher risk people shouldn't be allowed in either. As I said before, I'm not advocating this, but this is the road this leads down and you may trust the Government but quite frankly I don't.

Transmission risk is reduced by the crowd being vaccinated.

There will always be a risk, its about finding the fairest way of mitigating it. Just saying the risk exists so they shouldnt go is silly. The risk is there for everyone, regardless of vaccination, you talk as though the only solution is to shut the place down and no-one goes.

There is a balance of allowing life to continue and mitigating the risk down as low as we can without putting too many crippling measures in place.

There are 3 options I can see.

1. Allow things to continue as they are and infection rates sky rocket and we take a chance with how this will impact the NHS. To be honest, I would be fine with this suggestion, until it becomes obvious we are going to cripple the NHS and thousands die.

2. Back into a lockdown. No-one gets into Ibrox. Behind closed doors for the rest of the season. This is out of the question for me. Its not fair on folks.

3. Allow folk in if they are vaccinated, but not if they are refusing the vaccine. This is fine by me.

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Transmission risk is reduced by the crowd being vaccinated.

There will always be a risk, its about finding the fairest way of mitigating it. Just saying the risk exists so they shouldnt go is silly. The risk is there for everyone, regardless of vaccination, you talk as though the only solution is to shut the place down and no-one goes.

There is a balance of allowing life to continue and mitigating the risk down as low as we can without putting too many crippling measures in place.

There are 3 options I can see.

1. Allow things to continue as they are and infection rates sky rocket and we take a chance with how this will impact the NHS. To be honest, I would be fine with this suggestion, until it becomes obvious we are going to cripple the NHS and thousands die.

2. Back into a lockdown. No-one gets into Ibrox. Behind closed doors for the rest of the season. This is out of the question for me. Its not fair on folks.

3. Allow folk in if they are vaccinated, but not if they are refusing the vaccine. This is fine by me.

Again where is the evidence that transmission is less if your vaccinated?

Where have you been the last few weeks?

We have record levels of infection with most of the population double vaccinated.

The vaccination does work!

But does little if anything to stop the spread of the delta variant.

49 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Totally back Nicola and the government here.

Those who want to risk my loved ones lives through their own tin foil nonsense need not attend.

Hope the club back it 

Risk them how? Being vaccinated doesn't lessen your chances of contracting it, you know like you were told it would, and now you're likely to need a third jab. 

4 minutes ago, five stars said:

Again where is the evidence that transmission is less if your vaccinated?

Where have you been the last few weeks?

We have record levels of infection with most of the population double vaccinated.

The vaccination does work!

But does little if anything to stop the spread of the delta variant.

Scientific papers that are out there if you want to look. Ive posted it multiple times, you can find it as well if you want to.

Yes, infections have risen dramatically, especially with the return of school. This was always going to happen.

Yes, we have record levels of infection. We would have even higher record levels of infection if we didnt have the vaccine.

Agreed, the vaccine does work. The delta variant is more resistant to it, but still offers allot of protection. Everyone who can, should ge tthe vaccine. They are great.