DR gunning for Heart and Hand

magic8ball

2 minutes ago, AGM_72 said:

Aye that last one will probably see the club act in some form. Being generous, it could easily have been said in jest but it doesn't matter. 

The club will only act when it is personally aimed at them, the weekends video their showed how much the club couldn't give a fuck until they are personally called out on the stuff

Our board see the support as cash cows they can use and discard as they see fit, they will end up alienating the fanbase and we'll end up at loggerheads over everything

55 minutes ago, Ladytonbear said:

I would guess that there are a number of other clubs in Scotland who were watching our media strategy this year to see how it would pan out, with the hope of doing something similar. The constant blatant attacks against us from the MSM are no doubt part of their attempt to dissuade them from doing so

I really don't think so.

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

The club will only act when it is personally aimed at them, the weekends video their showed how much the club couldn't give a fuck until they are personally called out on the stuff

Our board see the support as cash cows they can use and discard as they see fit, they will end up alienating the fanbase and we'll end up at loggerheads over everything

I think you have misunderstood him.

He means the club will act by taking action against H&H.

Just now, The Dude said:

There was one. Celtic.

It was always going to result in a blanket refusal to cough up from the MSM. So we were either aware that this would be the outcome and planned ahead accordingly or naively thought the cheques would come pouring in. I'm leaning towards the latter.

15 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I think it is a defence when the publication that is accusing you of it is employing people who are bang to rights documented of doing that exact same thing.

One media outlet has posted proof that the fan media outlet has employees who have used unacceptable terms.

The fan media outlet has then posted proof that the other media outlet has employees who have used unacceptable terms.

Both are bang to rights.

Its just not fair in society if one of them must be punished because they are a football club and the other is allowed to walk scot free because they are a newspaper.

If one is allowed to continue, so must the other.

Fair enough, if the Record fires the reporters who have used the 'hun' term, and the SNP politicians resign or are fired, then I could agree with firing these guys from H&H.

If we are saying the record reporters and politicians can retain their jobs, then society is deeming this behaviour acceptable and the H&H guys can keep their positions.

If H&H cant be media partners for a football club because some their staff used inappropriate terms, then the Daily Record cant be media partners for scottish football as they have staff who have done the same.

Both are absolutely bang to rights. If the DR are happy employing folk who have used sectarian language that's their decision to make, Same with Rangers re: accreditation/partnerships with others.

FWIW, the Record (afaik) aren't media partners of ant club in Scotland. Rangers are the only one with 'media partners' who aren't the centrally contracted ones.

1 minute ago, don logan said:

It was always going to result in a blanket refusal to cough up from the MSM. So we were either aware that this would be the outcome and planned ahead accordingly or naively thought the cheques would come pouring in. I'm leaning towards the latter.

We absolutely leaned towards the latter - although were very much told that the former would happen. Rangers were directly told as much by every outlet in the UK. I've been saying it on here for months only to be told I'm wrong.

Not realising that for many of the outlets affected, Rangers are relatively small fry. If we charge 25k, what do you think Man United or Chelsea would charge. If Reach/News UK or whoever pay one, it opens the floodgates for other clubs to follow suit and that would then end up hurting clubs like Rangers more in the long-run.

I'd love to know where the folk who thought charging for access was going to stop unfair coverage are now.

Just now, SkylineBlue said:

Twenty five minutes on hold only for them to tell me they'd need to send the police to my house to see the tweets if I report it over the phone but I can send them by email if I log the complaint by email. I asked why I couldn't log the complaint now, take the reference number and then send the photos via email as a follow up with the reference number and you'd have thought that was the maddest suggestion about anything she'd ever heard. 

Email will be sent when I get home from the vaccination centre. 

Polis are clowns :lol:

59 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

To be brutally honest. The Daily Record have completely shot their bolt.

If I was Rangers, I would just ignore the article. Just simply pretend it doesn't exist.

They have already reached the level where they have pulled up people calling cunts a 'spaz'. If they have reached that, then the Record dont have anything left.

My guess is that they  are waiting on a response from Rangers before trying to flip this and drag it out.

Pretend it does not exist and dont do a fucking thing and they have nowhere else left to go.

I get your point  but the club always ignore this type of shit and the problems just get worse

They're quick to take action when it comes to banning bears but never when it comes to defending them

3 minutes ago, Willis said:

I get your point  but the club always ignore this type of shit and the problems just get worse

They're quick to take action when it comes to banning bears but never when it comes to defending them

I agree and it's high time the board took action. Not against Bears but against haters.

We are in a war and lines have to be drawn.

40 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Exactly this.

Compare the weak and submissive responses here to the vigorous activity around the Cinch sponsorship.