DR gunning for Heart and Hand

magic8ball

3 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Who said it only offends the catholics?

They are claiming it is anti-irish racism, so they are offended due to their irish heritage, not their religion.

Nothing to stop a protestant irish descendent being offended at being told to go home as the famine is over.

thats how it was reported in the news : anti-irish, anti catholic for singing the famine song. 

Just now, southcoastbear said:

It's no racism its alleged sectarianism, they know it they are just trying to use the shit storm and fear generated by allegations  of racism against an organisation, rightly or wrongly.

Sorry to be pedantic  but this misuse of the racism card bugs the hell out of me.

Strictly speaking, it could be racist.

The definitions now include 'Anti Irish Racism' and also 'Anti British Racism', albeit  you will never here the second one mentioned.

Oxford definition of race:-

[countable] a group of people who share the same language, history, culture, etc.

the Nordic races

1 minute ago, GersInCanada said:

When it comes from them it does not mean anything. They make stuff up as they go along.

Not if they’ve got their grubby paws on official passes and remember there were Rangers officials who greeted humza useless into Ibrox like a well loved friend of the club.

1 minute ago, GersInCanada said:

Irish is not a race. It's an ethnicity. So where they get anti Irish racism from escapes me.

Anti catholic ? They are the ones who hounded out a Jewish director. Because of his religious beliefs.

Facts just don't suit them. They simply want to be seen as victims at every opportunity.

Because 3 judges decided it was racist, it’s not. How they came to the decision is beyond me, all they needed was a dictionary 

noun

prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism by an individual, community, or institution against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.

The Irish are made up from many ethnic groups and religions they are not a race,  the Famine song doesn’t refer to RC’s 

I still wouldn’t sing it though.

18 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

I dont know how H&H fight this but if the mhedia print anything litigable DE and co may want to set a go fund me page as a fighting fund.

Oh hold on did we no have one of them?

I always maintained it should have been used for stuff like this rather than the youth stand at MP

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Both are absolutely bang to rights. If the DR are happy employing folk who have used sectarian language that's their decision to make, Same with Rangers re: accreditation/partnerships with others.

FWIW, the Record (afaik) aren't media partners of ant club in Scotland. Rangers are the only one with 'media partners' who aren't the centrally contracted ones.

They are partnered with celtic aren't they? 

Sorry about your news BTW awful a mate of mine killed himself because he couldn't cope with covid symptoms any more. 

Best wishes. 

2 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

They are partnered with celtic aren't they? 

Sorry about your news BTW awful a mate of mine killed himself because he couldn't cope with covid symptoms any more. 

Best wishes. 

Cheers.

I don't think so. Reach printed their programmes at one point but not sure if they still do, although not a partnership as such.

29 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Media are given passes that must be worn at all times in the stadium regulars have their photo and name on theirs. The record's print story has an image of one of their passes from the Old Firm. It could be that they've simply mocked one up based on someone elses pass but it doesn't appear that way. Only ones who'd really have the image would be Rangers or the folk who the pass belongs to. Something very fishy about the Record having that. (cc @Sparkle)

image.png.1ca27691599a9feddfceb56f93a0f249.png

That image is/was all over his social media. LinkedIn etc. Clearly just a mock up by DR.

Screenshot_20210903-133327_Twitter.jpg

Just now, esquire8 said:

That image is/was all over his social media. LinkedIn etc. Clearly just a mock up by DR.

The picture or the pass itself? If its just a mock up, they've done a helluva job mocking up passes identical to ones they've not had this season.