Jump to content

Rangers voting SNP


Swagger
 Share

Recommended Posts

How like the SNP and their ilk to not know what is the correct terminology is and to then progress actions based on a misunderstanding of what a word actually means. No wonder it is going badly in Scotland.

9 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

In Scotland this year we have decided it's racist now. They must call it the same as anti irish

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

In Scotland this year we have decided it's racist now. They must call it the same as anti irish

Warping definitions to suit themselves.

You can't be anti-Irish to someone who lives in Scotland, doesn't speak Gaelic, has never set foot on the island and has no right to vote there. 

You can't be rascist to someone who is the same colour as you, is also a Christian and who shares your general culture.  Using the phrase improperly dilutes the true injustices perpuated against people who really do suffer from rascism. 

It's a blatant attempt at victimhood and a poor attempt to define themselves as a special breed. It only serves to make them appear illiterate. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Warping definitions to suit themselves.

You can't be anti-Irish to someone who lives in Scotland, doesn't speak Gaelic, has never set foot on the island and has no right to vote there. 

You can't be rascist to someone who is the same colour as you, is also a Christian and who shares your general culture.  Using the phrase improperly dilutes the true injustices perpuated against people who really do suffer from rascism. 

It's a blatant attempt at victimhood and a poor attempt to define themselves as a special breed. It only serves to make them appear illiterate. 

It's part of the woke agenda to use this and other terms despite them being factually and linguistically inaccurate.

Most people who are termed homophobic or transphobic display hatred or intolerance towards homosexuals or transvestites, not fear of them.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The Beast said:

It's part of the woke agenda to use this and other terms despite them being factually and linguistically inaccurate.

Most people who are termed homophobic or transphobic display hatred or intolerance towards homosexuals or transvestites, not fear of them.

 

 

I don't think it's about a woke agenda tbh. The terms are legally accurate. You can be charged with racism for directing abuse based on nationality. So, in terms of the law, Irish is effectively regarded as a race and has been for a long time.

Same with English.

Willis likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Inigo said:

I don't think it's about a woke agenda tbh. The terms are legally accurate. You can be charged with racism for directing abuse based on nationality. So, in terms of the law, Irish is effectively regarded as a race.

Legally but not factually accurate. They have been adopted by the liberal/woke movements as more impactful than accurate terminology. Racism is rightly regarded as a terrible thing by most people in the west; so it's more impactful to label people with opinions you don't like as racists than say xenophobes or some other more factually correct terminology.

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Legally but not factually accurate. They have been adopted by the liberal/woke movements as more impactful than accurate terminology. Racism is rightly regarded as a terrible thing by most people in the west; so it's more impactful to label people with opinions you don't like as racists than say xenophobes.

Legally kinda matters, though. It's been legally defined that way because abusing someone based on their nationality can be seen to have a similar effect, and often has a similar intent, as abusing someone based on race. I don't think picking hairs that it's 'xenophobia, not racim' does anyone's argument any favours. They're comparable forms of discrimination. Abuse based on nationality should be regarded as terrible, so I don't see why we should be upset that it isn't given a lesser importance.

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Legally kinda matters, though. It's been legally defined that way because abusing someone based on their nationality can be seen to have a similar effect, and often has a similar intent, as abusing someone based on race. I don't think picking hairs that it's 'xenophobia, not racim' does anyone's argument any favours. They're comparable forms of discrimination. Abuse based on nationality should be regarded as terrible, so I don't see why we should be upset that it isn't given a lesser importance.

I'm not upset and I don't disagree that such prejudice is also terrible.

Im simply poining out that the left wing/woke have been defining language including legal precedent to suit their own agenda rather than to accurately reflect what a person is accused of.

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, The Beast said:

I'm not upset and I don't disagree that such prejudice is also terrible.

Im simply poining out that the left wing/woke have been defining language including legal precedent to suit their own agenda rather than to accurately reflect what a person is accused of.

Maybe they're just right in this instance. Or maybe taking up the fight that 'yes, abuse based on national origins is very bad, as is abuse based on race, and the woke brigade and I actually agree on that, but I'm suspicious as to their motivations in conflating the two very bad things' is an unecessary distraction and a pointless fight in the grand scheme of things.

Link to post
Share on other sites

As an Anglo Scot born and raised in England….originally West Sussex so I couldn’t get further away from Ibrox and now live in Northants near little Scotland…my father’s family were from Greenock and generations worked in the Clyde ship yards.

I was more than disappointed in recent years in the number of people on this site coming out and slagging off unionists on here…the replies on this chat has made me happy to see the vast majority of my fellow Bears still believe in the Union and this great nation of ours.

Link to post
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Robborobson said:

As an Anglo Scot born and raised in England….originally West Sussex so I couldn’t get further away from Ibrox and now live in Northants near little Scotland…my father’s family were from Greenock and generations worked in the Clyde ship yards.

I was more than disappointed in recent years in the number of people on this site coming out and slagging off unionists on here…the replies on this chat has made me happy to see the vast majority of my fellow Bears still believe in the Union and this great nation of ours.

You don’t get more mygers points for double posts:hit:

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 06/09/2021 at 08:33, theblueskyeman said:

SNP are the single worst thing that’s ever happened to this country. Built on hatred and division. They thrive on it and their very existence depends on it. Now it seems they are dividing our support which is tragic but something I’m sure these cunts will be absolutely delighted with. 

They’re not dividing our support mate just weeding out the mongos and the kiddy on supporters  🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Anyone fancy emulating the Gordon Riots of 1780 and re-in state the Papists Act of 1778?


 

 

I'd be happy with parity. 

I am no greater or lesser a man than anyone in my country. We are all entitled to our beliefs. 

We should be treated equally though. 

That clearly is not the case 

 

 

 

 

 

KeyserSoze and TEFTONG like this
Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

And they are all papes pretending to be Bears. 

Rangers supporters have embarrassed the nats more in a week than what any opposition party has managed in 14 fucking years. 

We have only just started sorting those cunts out. 

These cunts forget were world famous for having a support that absolutely does not give a fuck and will take over every city we come to. 

Fuck with us and see what happens.

No Surrender

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Upcoming Events

    • 09 December 2021 17:45 Until 19:45
      0  
      Lyon v Rangers
      Stade des Lumieres
      UEFA Europa League
×
×
  • Create New...