Rangers voting SNP

Swagger

41 minutes ago, tm91 said:

You can support independence and be a Rangers fan, we're a broad church of many views (for all that things would be far worse if we were independent right now). You cannot support both Rangers and the SNP.

Any Rangers fan who supports the SNP might as well start going to Parkhead. 

Serious qurstion

can you support independence but not support the snp??? 

A sign of what we are up against. Had a Facebook exchange today who is a Rangers fan but believes the Union Flag when flown at Ibrox is sectarian. Go into his profile and his two things he follows and support, Rangers and the SNP. 

No wonder he has a weird view of the Union Flag. 

Just now, Brubear said:

A sign of what we are up against. Had a Facebook exchange today who is a Rangers fan but believes the Union Flag when flown at Ibrox is sectarian. Go into his profile and his two things he follows and support, Rangers and the SNP. 

No wonder he has a weird view of the Union Flag. 

The union flag being sectarian 😂😂😂

26 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

The union flag being sectarian 😂😂😂

Yes there are a whole host of people say that Rangers allowing the Union Flag to be put across the seats at Ibrox during lockdown games is proof that they have no intention of fighting sectarianism as this is a sign they encourage it as the flag is sectarian. Sadly there are Rangers fans who support the SNP and independence agreeing with this view. 

2 minutes ago, GaryStevens02 said:

My late father was a member of the SNP in the 1970s but that was back when they had serious politicians like Gordon Wilson and they could see the potential transformation of Scotland akin to what was happening in Norway with their sovereign fund etc. Back then they were hated by the very same people who now vote for them, they were branded as Tartan Tories and the RC population were advised to vote Labour by their priests (this was confirmed by a neighbour).

The ship sailed on independence in the 1970s and 80s and for the last 20 years of his life he certainly came to despise them. The SNP had made a calculated shift to become a very republican type outfit more akin to something like Sinn Fein and it seemed to start with Salmond and co who were at one point expelled from the party over their views. Look at our railway stations and road sign posts.  Gaelic  was never a predominant language in Scotland, ever, and real speakers of the language do not retrospectively invent words , they use the English word for  anything remotely modern yet the government is hell bent on reinforcing the propaganda  that we are separate and different and not the same as other UK citizens as part of their narrative and Rangers are very much in their sights as the antithesis of what they stand for.

The only people I now know for sure that vote SNP are,  let’s say, not from a non denominational background.

You’re correct.  When I was a student in the 70’s had several Catholic friends and all were vehemently opposed to independence and the SNP.  Remember one occasion, going into a pub and the DJ put on ‘Flower ofScotland’ only for them to loudly whistle and jeer and get it taken off.  
Over the last twenty years, there has been a dramatic swing of the Catholic block vote to the SNP enticed no doubt by their anti English / Unionist rhetoric.

14 minutes ago, Brubear said:

Yes there are a whole host of people say that Rangers allowing the Union Flag to be put across the seats at Ibrox during lockdown games is proof that they have no intention of fighting sectarianism as this is a sign they encourage it as the flag is sectarian. Sadly there are Rangers fans who support the SNP and independence agreeing with this view. 

They aren’t Rangers fans

6 minutes ago, GaryStevens02 said:

Look at our railway stations and road sign posts.

The people responsible for these signs cannot speak gaelic,and neither can 98.5% of the people they are aimed at. 
Ibrox holds more than the total of people who can speak gaelic in scotland.
Kilwinning Railway Staiton pronounced is 'kill the fenian' or 'cill d'fhinnein' :whistle: 

22 minutes ago, Inigo said:

I know x 3 Rangers fans that support independence but don't vote SNP now.

This is what confuses me totally, I mean only the snp are going for independence if can work things out?? Surely both go hand in hand together. Also surely if we accept one we as a fan base must accept the other as well??, 

7 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

This is what confuses me totally, I mean only the snp are going for independence if can work things out?? Surely both go hand in hand together. Also surely if we accept one we as a fan base must accept the other as well??, 

There's the alba party 

7 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Nope. The folk I mention want independence, but are not willing to vote for the SNP the way they currently behave to get it.