Imagine some Rangers supporters saying you are not a Rangers supporter because of a Political belief ?

Angus1965

2 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Exactly that horrible cunt got the race started the snp just picked up the baton 

I always think his (and ScotLab's) role on this whole shitfest is massively underplayed. Things were already well five or six years in when the SNP picked it up and took it further.

He saw tackling 'sectarianism' as a way to win a certain voter base who were starting to move away from Labour as the 'glory years' under Blair quickly turned into shambles after shambles for both the UK and Scottish labour parties. It worked and they won votes back that they were losing. Then the SNP jumped on the bandwagon and offered them someone who would fight 'sectarianism' AND offer them the chance to 'stick it to the brits'. And here we are.

11 hours ago, Angus1965 said:

These Dim Wits are living in the past , do these Idiots not realise a large percentage of the Scotland support in the travel club are Rangers .

The Scum supporters that say if you vote SNP , Labour / Tory Scum. 

FFS I wont vote for anyone , but i dislike some Arse that has never set foot at Ibrox like the OP Swagger .

Did I miss something here or u saying u have never been to ibrox before?? 

5 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Triggered 

Maybe you're right, but this is important. I see so many folk on here who are outraged by sectarianism but call other supporters scum. They point to the failings of Scotland and its political parties but couldn't care less about the incompetent horror that politics and political opinion is South of the border. They are wedded to a notion of the Union as of its glory wasn't built on slavery, cruelty and exceptionalism. I live the union, but it needs radically reformed. For me Rangers is steeped in tradition, my tradition, but that tradition is not without its blemishes. I want Rangers to be a football club first and foremost. Its supporters can be everyone and anyone. Some good, some not so good. Our values are not that protestantism is superior. Who amongst us believes in God? It is about the values of equality, equity, fraternity, kindness and winning on a football pitch.

Just now, writingranger said:

Maybe you're right, but this is important. I see so many folk on here who are outraged by sectarianism but call other supporters scum. They point to the failings of Scotland and its political parties but couldn't care less about the incompetent horror that politics and political opinion is South of the border. They are wedded to a notion of the Union as of its glory wasn't built on slavery, cruelty and exceptionalism. I live the union, but it needs radically reformed. For me Rangers is steeped in tradition, my tradition, but that tradition is not without its blemishes. I want Rangers to be a football club first and foremost. Its supporters can be everyone and anyone. Some good, some not so good. Our values are not that protestantism is superior. Who amongst us believes in God? It is about the values of equality, equity, fraternity, kindness and winning on a football pitch.

Usually hear tarriers saying things like that.

Fuck the SNP 

15 minutes ago, writingranger said:

Perhaps of we were given some kindness and equality by the snp and their sheep then perhaps a vast majority of our support wouldn't feel this way??? 

The only thing we can claim out of all this is that we are actually winning in the pitch however the more we win the more of the rest is taken away. 

Now please explain to me how an snp supporter fits in supporting our club given they are supporting the regime that essentially wants us dead and buried at any opportunity. 

1 minute ago, rabc10000 said:

Perhaps of we were given some kindness and equality by the snp and their sheep then perhaps a vast majority of our support wouldn't feel this way??? 

The only thing we can claim out of all this is that we are actually winning in the pitch however the more we win the more of the rest is taken away. 

Fucking intae him Rab 💪

12 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Now please explain to me how an snp supporter fits in supporting our club given they are supporting the regime that essentially wants us dead and buried at any opportunity. 

Explain how voting tory fits as they despise the working classes and see football as an opiate to keep them occupied while the keep power.

20 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Now please explain to me how an snp supporter fits in supporting our club given they are supporting the regime that essentially wants us dead and buried at 

Let's face it. The SNP is in power because people vote for them. They have gained power for so long despite a PR system designed to prevent parties with minority votes gaining all the power. If this was a first past the post system they would have a massive majority. Folk vote for them for two reasons. 1. Because they want independence and 2. Because the Labour Party is a shambles. In a post independent Scotland or one with a Devo max they would be irrelevant and whither and die. Nationalism is an awful look but Nationalism is what gave us Brexit too. I don't believe anti rangersness is an SNP policy but there are quite a number of zoomers in its ranks for whom it is and that is a very good reason to fight them.

2 minutes ago, five stars said:

What are they if they're not human beings?

Tory voters. It's a very special and ineffable category. 

Ps, don't take the comment seriously. It is meant as a tongue in cheek reposte to those who are telling folk they can't love Rangers and vote SNP.

Nobody should be telling anybody who they can vote for and we are all Rangers fans here.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

It was the bold Lord McConnell who kicked off the whole focus on football fans that we're seeing now. McConnell took it from being something that didn't really have any real influence on day-to-day life to being something that we see mentioned in parliament on a monthly basis.

Probably guided by his wife. 

2 hours ago, GeeSS said:

I am sorry but you cannot support Rangers and the SNP  who by the way do not have one MP or Scottish member of parliament who supports Rangers not a single one  think about that not one in a country of 5m of which at least 1.5 m support Rangers and where the RCs make up less than 900k that is an incredible fact  

I'm in full agreement with you, it was that dick Angus I was addressing. 

2 hours ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

I have a mate who professes to be a Rangers supporter yet being an Indy/SNP supporter he quite happily calls the Union Flag the butcher’s apron, I can’t get my head round this, to hate Tories fine but to hate everything our club stands for while saying you support them doesn’t make sense.

There was s thread going forward on Fb which described the Union Flag as sectarian. The context was because Rangers allow it to be flown at Ibrox proves they have no intention to fight sectarianism. There were Rangers supporters on the thread agreeing with this. 

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

It was the bold Lord McConnell who kicked off the whole focus on football fans that we're seeing now. McConnell took it from being something that didn't really have any real influence on day-to-day life to being something that we see mentioned in parliament on a monthly basis.

I remember his rhetoric well. A definite fire starter.