Jump to content

Imagine some Rangers supporters saying you are not a Rangers supporter because of a Political belief ?


Angus1965
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Depends on the parish.

The view you have stated in my opinion is a particularly Scottish form of ignorance.

The Anglican church isn't a reformed church. There's no ignorance there. There is FAR more cross over on ecclesiastical matters between the CofE and RC church than there is CofS/CofE.

Link to post
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, yermaw145 said:

I haven't done the Founders Trail. Yet. Does it contradict my point ? I'd love to know why ?

Yup it does.  Never set up for anything other than football for the people. for the love of the game, open to all welcome the many.  

never was Christianity mentioned, Protestants religion of any kind.  All that came after 1888. 
 

 

Misteral and The Dude like this
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Aren't Anglicans basically diet RC's anyway? Certainly not a proper reformed faith.

The English were one of the first to tell the First Vatican to fuck off. But yes there are forms of quasi-catholic schisms in England who failed Latin but dress the same.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

Yup it does.  Never set up for anything other than football for the people. for the love of the game, open to all welcome the many.  

never was Christianity mentioned, Protestants religion of any kind.  All that came after 

Never once did I claim that the Founding Fathers mentioned religion. I don't have a wild belief that there is a constitution somewhere identifying Rangers as Protestant.

But I do believe we have a faith-based upbringing. Not religious - Protestant. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, yermaw145 said:

Never once did I claim that the Founding Fathers mentioned religion. I don't have a wild belief that there is a constitution somewhere identifying Rangers as Protestant.

But I do believe we have a faith-based upbringing. Not religious - Protestant. 

I never said you did!!

I was letting you know our origins are not based in what you referred to:

“I'm very proud that Rangers has a truly Christian background. I've always been proud that Follow Follow was originally a hymn. 

"Protestant supremacist" 

It contradicts our founding fathers vision. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Big Al 55 said:

If not wanting Independence makes you a Unionist then, 100% I’m there. 
 

Does being proud to be Scottish have an effect?

Nothing wrong with being proud to be Scottish.

Funny thing is the nats claim to be proud of Scotland yet seem to hate everything about the last 300+ years of Scottish history. Claiming Britain is evil, if Britain is evil then Scotlands evil too.

Big Al 55 likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Probably sums up everything that is wrong with your position and equating your politics with the club you support. 
 

your little splurge here is like folks that say all Rangers fans are right wing, facist, black shirt nazi, racists, white, Protestant suprematists. They arn’t but it’s the equivalent to what you have said. It’s why there is no real debate on here about the issues just polemic like above! And your normally one of the more sensible posters! 
 

the anti-snp group on here can’t accept anything but their vision for the club but because of the crap they take those, like me, just can’t be arsed with the incestuous volume of 20 of, high volume posters just going Snp bad, not Rangers fans, blah blah. 
 

there are many, many, snp supporters in our support - it’s a fact, no matter how you view us. 

The “snp bad” argument is such a straw man. You ought to be ashamed but like many of your kind shame and decency have passed you by. There are many idiots in our gene pool however idiocy is not really what I want to embrace. Screw your Republican disguised nationalism.

scottyscott1963 likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

I never said you did!!

I was letting you know our origins are not based in what you referred to:

“I'm very proud that Rangers has a truly Christian background. I've always been proud that Follow Follow was originally a hymn. 

"Protestant supremacist" 

It contradicts our founding fathers vision. 

Protestant Supremacist was a term some other lunatic used and I lampooned it.

Protestantism isn't a religion or a cult. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Wit???

I give up 

I think the point hes making is that to be a protestant you don't have to go to church or do any ceremonial cult shit like the catholics. 

Still a religion imo, just on a different scale. They all believe the same silly book. They just don't feel the need to eat crackers

Link to post
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Not one single party ever has released their manifesto stating “we will widen the education gap” “we’ll put loads of folk out of work” “we will make more people impoverished” “ we are going to fuck the environment for your kids” - but that’s what ultimately happens, that’s what they always do.

This is because the cunts in power are nearly all from educated, privileged backgrounds on £100 odd thousand a year, with fuck all idea about how it feels for people at the rough end of life. They are really there to serve the people who vote - 30+ middle income and above people more interested in dog shit on the pavement or what selfishly they can get out of life. 

Imagine being a politician that hasn’t an English degree but speaks from lived experience yet can’t write a paragraph or be coherent enough for people to get what they say? How many middle England/Scotland folks will put an x in his/her box? 

Until there’s a radical overhaul of the people coming forward for political life nothing will change. 

We need a balance of well educated people and people with lived experience of being a drug addict, alcoholic, unemployed etc running this country - imagine a prime minister that’s been previously addicted to drugs, failed at school and experienced being homeless - I bet this would be a different country altogether 

pipe dream though 


 

 

To be fair the Labour Party In The uk have a policy to halve child poverty - ffs who has a policy to leave kids in poverty - the uk

is the 5th richest country in the world and we have mainstreamed food banks - then I look at the socially progressive nature of the Scandinavian countries and I think we should be like that - the uk can’t / won’t give it. It there is a good chance an independent scotland will! 

i agree with everything in your statement! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, The Dude said:

Aren't Anglicans basically diet RC's anyway? Certainly not a proper reformed faith.

I presume you are at it, but your assertion that the Queen is RC, diet or otherwise, doesn’t really stand up to scrutiny, does it?

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

To be fair the Labour Party In The uk have a policy to halve child poverty - ffs who has a policy to leave kids in poverty - the uk

is the 5th richest country in the world and we have mainstreamed food banks - then I look at the socially progressive nature of the Scandinavian countries and I think we should be like that - the uk can’t / won’t give it. It there is a good chance an independent scotland will! 

i agree with everything in your statement! 

Scandinavian countries pay an average tax rate running at around 56%. This funds progressive policies aimed at all the right things.  They are culturally different and see this as kinda “all in it together “. 
Scotland is culturally different and there will be riots in the streets with those sort of rates. 
(edit: the very reason I suspect we have never used our devolved ability to raise tax by 3p in the pound)
so any government needs to work on culture change instead of policy change. But changing the culture of a whole country will take hundreds of years.  
I have experienced working alongside MSP’s most are egotistical and self serving- scared of making a mistake or stepping outside the party line. 
 

being independent may make the powerful more powerful- and drug deaths and the education gap might continue to rise (currently devolved powers btw). 
 

surely devolved matters should exemplify our ability to go it alone? They don’t though (sadly)

 

Bluekev and Tiger Shaw like this
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't support any parties but saying your not a Rangers supporter based on who you vote politically is ridiculous.

Rangers is proud to be a modern, diverse football club where people from all backgrounds, cultures and communities can unite to celebrate and support a common cause – our ground-breaking diversity and inclusion campaign 'Everyone Anyone'.

Link to post
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, The Dude said:

The Anglican church isn't a reformed church. There's no ignorance there. There is FAR more cross over on ecclesiastical matters between the CofE and RC church than there is CofS/CofE.

Depends how you define ‘reformed’ - it is still a Protestant church .

Admittedly while some are more Anglo/catholic others are very close to CofS 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JograBear said:

I don't support any parties but saying your not a Rangers supporter based on who you vote politically is ridiculous.

Rangers is proud to be a modern, diverse football club where people from all backgrounds, cultures and communities can unite to celebrate and support a common cause – our ground-breaking diversity and inclusion campaign 'Everyone Anyone'.

Fuck up 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

There clearly isn’t a whole load of SNP supporters that go to Rangers games, and if there is then they do an amazing job at hiding their political opinions 

I couldn’t tell you what any of the guys that sit round me’s political views are. The chat is always about football and the game in front of us.  
 

never have I had a chat about politics at a game of football 😂 
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I couldn’t tell you what any of the guys that sit round me’s political views are. The chat is always about football and the game in front of us.  
 

never have I had a chat about politics at a game of football 😂 
 

I’d be surprised if anyone around me votes SNP considering the songs they all join in on at games.

I have never been on a bus or at a pub beforehand and heard anyone express any desire for an independent Scotland or their support of the SNP either. It’s silly to say you aren’t aware of the majority of our fans political views when speaking to them because it’s usually pretty clear 

Willis and The Beast like this
Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I’d be surprised if anyone around me votes SNP considering the songs they all join in on at games.

I have never been on a bus or at a pub beforehand and heard anyone express any desire for an independent Scotland or their support of the SNP either. It’s silly to say you aren’t aware of the majority of our fans political views when speaking to them because it’s usually pretty clear 

That’s my point. All the chat is about the football in front of us.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, JograBear said:

I don't support any parties but saying your not a Rangers supporter based on who you vote politically is ridiculous.

Rangers is proud to be a modern, diverse football club where people from all backgrounds, cultures and communities can unite to celebrate and support a common cause – our ground-breaking diversity and inclusion campaign 'Everyone Anyone'.

Rangers supporters can have any views they like and can vote for whatever party they like. It's dumb as fuck to let politics dictate your football team, and especially so vice versa. We're a broad church, absolutely. Rangers fans can vote SNP and still be a Rangers fan, obviously they can.

It is legitimate however to point out that the SNP's behaviour seems to indicate that they hate Rangers and hate Rangers fans - and that Rangers fans who also support the SNP must have to make a decision about the extent to which they're willing to put up with that. I don't really see how someone can square up their loyalties to both and not come away uneasy, uncomfortable or in a situation where they're forced to choose which is more important to them.

Put it this way - as I've said elsewhere in this thread, I am a socialist, a Rangers fan and a member of the Labour Party (thankfully not Scottish Labour). If the UK Labour Party acted towards Rangers fans - i.e. people I identify with - as the SNP do, I'd still be a socialist, I'd still be a Rangers fan - but would I fuck still be a member or support Labour.

JograBear likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Upcoming Events

    • 27 October 2021 18:45 Until 20:45
      0  
      Rangers v Aberdeen
      Ibrox Stadium
      Scottish Premiership
×
×
  • Create New...