Jump to content

Imagine some Rangers supporters saying you are not a Rangers supporter because of a Political belief ?


Angus1965
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, tm91 said:

Rangers supporters can have any views they like and can vote for whatever party they like. It's dumb as fuck to let politics dictate your football team, and especially so vice versa. We're a broad church, absolutely. Rangers fans can vote SNP and still be a Rangers fan, obviously they can.

It is legitimate however to point out that the SNP's behaviour seems to indicate that they hate Rangers and hate Rangers fans - and that Rangers fans who also support the SNP must have to make a decision about the extent to which they're willing to put up with that. I don't really see how someone can square up their loyalties to both and not come away uneasy, uncomfortable or in a situation where they're forced to choose which is more important to them.

Put it this way - as I've said elsewhere in this thread, I am a socialist, a Rangers fan and a member of the Labour Party (thankfully not Scottish Labour). If the UK Labour Party acted towards Rangers fans - i.e. people I identify with - as the SNP do, I'd still be a socialist, I'd still be a Rangers fan - but would I fuck still be a member or support Labour.

Specifically what has the target of hate from the SNP towards our club/fans been?

I’m just trying to work out the specifics. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Willis said:

Must be weird being a socialist then going to the football where you're club spends hundreds of millions for footballers and cheering players earning 40k a week

It is, but watching grass roots football is pish.

writingranger likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 17/09/2021 at 18:02, KeyserSoze said:

Specifically what has the target of hate from the SNP towards our club/fans been?

I’m just trying to work out the specifics. 

Are you trying this shit on this thread as well?

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GWR1979 said:

Get this to fuck as well same posters bringing politics into Bearsden.:suicide:

Pish, I remember well the days the place never even had a pub and the Bearsden mob sullied my home town loyalist (in those days) Milngavie.:lol:

GWR1979 likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, KeyserSoze said:

Cunt hooked me in to 

oh well Tam 🤷‍♀️

I do feel it’s more relevant than ever, and we are singled out as a club by those in charge but this thread will always end up like the Covid ones, and the same people wading in with the same arguments so we don’t really get anywhere.

hooefully a decent win tomorrow and back ahead in the table so we can all unite and be positive (unlikely 😂)

KeyserSoze likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

I do feel it’s more relevant than ever, and we are singled out as a club by those in charge but this thread will always end up like the Covid ones, and the same people wading in with the same arguments so we don’t really get anywhere.

hooefully a decent win tomorrow and back ahead in the table so we can all unite and be positive (unlikely 😂)

I’ll be there giving it laldy as per. 
 

4-0 Gers 

pump them cunts. :boughy:

 

TamCoopz likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 17/09/2021 at 08:44, JograBear said:

I don't support any parties but saying your not a Rangers supporter based on who you vote politically is ridiculous.

Rangers is proud to be a modern, diverse football club where people from all backgrounds, cultures and communities can unite to celebrate and support a common cause – our ground-breaking diversity and inclusion campaign 'Everyone Anyone'.

We're that modern and diverse that we ban the press, commentators and haven't invited the SPFL executives to our flag day. All these I see as a positive as we've been beaten down for years and now we're finally fighting back. The SNP have caused this hatred with their divisive politics and double standards.

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Bluekev said:

We're that modern and diverse that we ban the press, commentators and haven't invited the SPFL executives to our flag day. All these I see as a positive as we've been beaten down for years and now we're finally fighting back. The SNP have caused this hatred with their divisive politics and double standards.

It’s not just Rangers Fans, anyone supporting the Natz is a cunt.

Bluekev likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 17/09/2021 at 08:33, KeyserSoze said:

Scandinavian countries pay an average tax rate running at around 56%. This funds progressive policies aimed at all the right things.  They are culturally different and see this as kinda “all in it together “. 
Scotland is culturally different and there will be riots in the streets with those sort of rates. 
(edit: the very reason I suspect we have never used our devolved ability to raise tax by 3p in the pound)
so any government needs to work on culture change instead of policy change. But changing the culture of a whole country will take hundreds of years.  
I have experienced working alongside MSP’s most are egotistical and self serving- scared of making a mistake or stepping outside the party line. 
 

being independent may make the powerful more powerful- and drug deaths and the education gap might continue to rise (currently devolved powers btw). 
 

surely devolved matters should exemplify our ability to go it alone? They don’t though (sadly)

 

All you seem to have is a fear of change rather than the excitement of opportunity. 
you are right cultural change is what is needed and is a king term project  but that has to start somewhere. Independence is a good start because the chains put around devolved matters make many of those powers mute. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

All you seem to have is a fear of change rather than the excitement of opportunity. 
you are right cultural change is what is needed and is a king term project  but that has to start somewhere. Independence is a good start because the chains put around devolved matters make many of those powers mute. 

There are no chains around devolved matters, if there were they would not be devolved. 
We haven’t enacted our ability to raise taxes out of bloody mindedness.
 

I’ll get excited for opportunities once I see the attainment gap closing, a firm grip on our relationship with alcohol and drugs and a societal shift towards self governance.  
 

I once got really excited about a dog we got when I was young- wee bastard bit folk and wouldn’t shut up barking. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Upcoming Events

    • 09 December 2021 17:45 Until 19:45
      0  
      Lyon v Rangers
      Stade des Lumieres
      UEFA Europa League
×
×
  • Create New...