Imagine some Rangers supporters saying you are not a Rangers supporter because of a Political belief ?

Angus1965

11 hours ago, left winger said:

Oooooh, capital letters again!!!!

University education was regarded as free. We all know that. And it still is, in Scotland - which it is, at source. Just like health, as you covered there. When our young people walk into a lecture they are not charged in this country. They are in England. When we walk into the emergency department we are not charged.

And I will continue supporting that ideology. It’s an ideology that believes that young people shouldn’t be saddled with huge amounts of debt, just to get a good education.

Re higher taxes - I potentially support that, but a different approach may be more beneficial.  Cuts in services? I think they still happen in countries which charge for university education? Don’t they? And that’s down to the incompetence and weakness of government - here and elsewhere.

unless you come from anywhere else but England, Northern Ireland or wales

but yeah thats not bigoted at all

dougie76 likes this

18 minutes ago, Prince George said:

STV news tonight, 14 arrests for public disorders following orange walk on Saturday. Then went on to say a few were for sectarianism singing and they will view CCTV.  This is what we are up against. There are more arrests on a Saturday night and STV would not report it. 

Who is it that this is up against?

5 hours ago, They Gnu said:

My first business venture

And mine.
Ayr beach during the summer,especially fair fortnight.
Graduated to soda syphons behind the chemist shops,and at 2 and a tanner was quite a lucrative business,as you waited till they put them out the back them had them away to the next chemists. :thumbsup: 

They Gnu and Ayrshire Blue like this

On 21/09/2021 at 07:56, left winger said:

For the purposes of this discussion I really don’t care. The point was made regarding free university education. It exists in Scotland for Scottish students. That is a fact. If you are a Scottish child going to a Scottish university you will come out of your university education with about £30k or £40k (depending on course length) less debt than a student from the other UK countries.

I personally think it’s a good thing that we do not, in this country, think it’s a good idea to saddle our young people with such debt, just so they can get an education and chance of a decent job. The SNP have this right. 

See funnily enough nobody ever wants to dig deeper into the “free” education. 

At the time I had not one penny when I went to uni, I had no other option but to take out a loan from SAAS (Student Awards Agency for SCOTLAND) which I’ll be paying back until I’m 60. What is the definition of free? 

If by free you mean those who can afford to pay themselves through uni and get course fees paid so they end up with a degree then that’s free. For the vast majority it isn’t free. 

Also it isn’t all “free”. If you do a 4 year degree and want to complete a Masters you have to pay part of the course fees. Another wee snippet nobody tells you about.

And if you want to do a PhD you have to pay for it all yourself as SAAS or the government don’t fund that level of study which is forcing potential academics down South or abroad for study, unless they have the money themselves. 

So many people get caught up on the word free like it actually means something, like another poster said it just means another service is being cut in the long term. 

dougie76 and Ayrshire Blue like this

44 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

See funnily enough nobody ever wants to dig deeper into the “free” education. 

At the time I had not one penny when I went to uni, I had no other option but to take out a loan from SAAS (Student Awards Agency for SCOTLAND) which I’ll be paying back until I’m 60. What is the definition of free? 

If by free you mean those who can afford to pay themselves through uni and get course fees paid so they end up with a degree then that’s free. For the vast majority it isn’t free. 

Also it isn’t all “free”. If you do a 4 year degree and want to complete a Masters you have to pay part of the course fees. Another wee snippet nobody tells you about.

And if you want to do a PhD you have to pay for it all yourself as SAAS or the government don’t fund that level of study which is forcing potential academics down South or abroad for study, unless they have the money themselves. 

So many people get caught up on the word free like it actually means something, like another poster said it just means another service is being cut in the long term. 

That’s true, my other half has had to contribute to her Masters this year. It wasn’t something I was aware of previously (nor the PhD). Cant remember how much she was due to pay - might have been about £1,700 but that’s just a guess. 

In relation to this, how l look at free is - before there we’re not tuition fees - uni education was free. They have been introduced in the rest of the UK - uni education is not free. They haven’t been introduced in Scotland - uni education is free. (Again worth pointing out the Masters and PhD situation, above, though).

49 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I honestly believe within a year of an independent Scotland, orange walks would be banned. These cunts stop at nothing to crush anything that remotely celebrates the complete opposite of their ideology. 

We’re meant to believe that the SNP and left wing politics are all inclusive and all welcoming, its as clear as day that’s only true if you believe in what they do. 

The clamour for that would be enormous.

Interesting that in this thread they’ve been called Tartan Tories and left wing 🤷

I just generally think they’re cunts.

Bluekev, BlueAvenger and Albion like this

10 hours ago, Rowley Birkin said:

unless you come from anywhere else but England, Northern Ireland or wales

but yeah thats not bigoted at all

The other point on unversity fees is that the are actually morally right. If you want to go to university to get a degree to enhance youre chances of getting a well paid job you should pay back some of youre large salary to the taxpayer. It cant be right that a low paid worker pays tax to put a kid from a well off background through, say dental school, they earn £100,000  minimum in a few years time and pay NOTHING back towards the education they have benefitted from. They dont even pay anything back till they earn over £25,000 or something. Free university fees benefits the middle class mostly. Fuck all progressive about it.

26 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

The other point on unversity fees is that the are actually morally right. If you want to go to university to get a degree to enhance youre chances of getting a well paid job you should pay back some of youre large salary to the taxpayer. It cant be right that a low paid worker pays tax to put a kid from a well off background through, say dental school, they earn £100,000  minimum in a few years time and pay NOTHING back towards the education they have benefitted from. They dont even pay anything back till they earn over £25,000 or something. Free university fees benefits the middle class mostly. Fuck all progressive about it.

It always has. Those that can pay for themselves through the education system whilst getting course fees paid are the ones that benefit wildly from it. Debt free at the end and like you say bringing in 100k+ a year. 

Fair fucks to them for manipulating the system but again the country is too caught up on “free” it’s far from it. In fact it’s probably constraining considering the majority who “benefit” from it are paying it back for the majority of their working life

Ayrshire Blue likes this

1 hour ago, The Specky Liar said:

I see you still haven't replied to my post about all the things the SNP have done to be seen as anti Rangers, any reason for this?

Apologies it may have just been a rehash of the three or four incidents which is why I couldn’t be arsed  

Could you provide a link to it and I’ll answer your question. Cheers 

19 hours ago, Tiger Shaw said:

“we don’t have to be associated with any currency” 

A country with no currency 

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Brilliant 

Utter cabbage btw 

The fact is that over 7 years since the last referendum . This is honestly the best answer they have for the single biggest question that probably cost them a lot of swing voters in the last referendum 

their answer to the currency question is still as useless as it was back in 2014

and they are wanting another one :lol:

during the last referendum we where told that we had oil and that it was OOR oil enough to last at least a 100 years and to be the foundations of an independent scotland 

now that the snp are giving up using oil what would take its place as the foundation for an independent scotland? unicorn shit?

scottyscott1963 likes this

19 hours ago, Tiger Shaw said:

“we don’t have to be associated with any currency” 

A country with no currency 

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Brilliant 

Utter cabbage btw 

Dear Lord they really are moonhowlin lunatics. 👍🏻👍🏻