Imagine some Rangers supporters saying you are not a Rangers supporter because of a Political belief ?

Angus1965

9 hours ago, Willis said:

You might like Rangers but if you support SNP or Independence then you don't support Rangers and you're not one of us and can fuck off 

I think you can support the general idea of independence and support Rangers. Can't imagine it would be that common though.

You simply can't support the SNP though.

1 hour ago, Bakbear said:

Not sure if you are actually interested in discussing this or, like so many in internet land, have already formed a view and will just put it out there to entrench that view and polarise the discussion? 

What the internet is very bad for is nuanced discussion. It’s one of the major ails of our society that environments where people could come together and have nuanced discussion and to see the perspective of others are now so rare. Nowadays every minor disagreement on views is a major schism in our society. 

I am going to share a dirty little secret, I have absolutely no beef with Catholics and I have no beef with the Irish.  I am no fan of the Catholic church, as it happens probably one of the most brutal of all the cults, but I am atheist and I consider all religions more or less the same. I have some of my best friends from Ireland and aside from the fact they are mostly atheist they are also wonderful people.   

The mindset of the old days where we tended not to sign them and tended to frown upon intermarriage was a product of its day. There were reasons for it and reasons that we would struggle to grasp today. This propensity to judge historic behaviours by a yardstick of today’s standards is madness. Nowadays I don’t think many Rangers fans give a flying fuck about religion.

But the anti-SNP sentiment from the Rangers support is not about “anti-Catholicism” or “anti-Irish”. That’s a narrative that is trying to be painted by the politicians. If the truth be absolute, it is not entirely about unionism either, although that is a consideration.

The anti-SNP sentiment right now among the Rangers support is almost entirely about double standards. Rangers as a club and as a fan base have been targeted for the last 15 years by the government of their own country. Is it a coincidence that the government of this country has been the SNP for those 15 years? 

All sensible Rangers fans support the “everyone anyone” campaign. All sensible Rangers fans have left the sectarianism behind. All supports of all football clubs, just like society, have arseholes in their support. But only one club is being consistently targeted for that element of their support. Only one club is being constantly punished, defamed, denigrated and ostracised. When it was the lunatic fringe they were going after, there was little appetite to defend it, but now they are going after everyone and inventing offence for their own agenda. 

All Rangers fans demand is parity and equal treatment. Absence of parity speaks to bias and prejudice. That prejudice is not driven by tolerance and sanity or a desire to eradicate sectarianism. It is being driven for a political agenda perpetuated by the SNP, or perhaps more specifically “Sepetatists”. The Separatists hate Rangers. They hate the quintessential Britishness of the club. They hate the Union Flag. They hate the Queen on our dressing room wall. They hate us singing GSTQ.

If you can’t see that I don’t know what you are looking at. Rangers don’t hate the SNP and Rangers fans obviously vote for them because otherwise they wouldn’t be in power, but make no mistake they hate Rangers and the hate and campaigning is escalating and coming out of the shadows so that it is now overtly ok to hate all things British and actually consider being British as being racist and xenophobic. That’s the narrative being pushed. It won’t be long before the Union Flag is considered a racist symbol.

No one can tell another person who to vote for. That’s a personal decision. Football and politics SHOULD be different but it’s not Rangers fans who are bringing the politics into football. 

You need to consider what’s important to you and evaluate what kind of society you want to live in, and vote for those that most closely match your values.

However, I can completely understand the confusion of many people who see the disparity of treatment of the football club they love by this government, and question how others can reconcile that treatment with their own values. You have to remember that even if people are no longer religious, or even care about religion, they still have many of the values instilled in them from those times. Honesty, integrity, hard work, loyalty, fairness. 

All that being considered, is it beyond comprehension that Rangers Fans, who make Rangers an enormous part of their life, can reach a position where they are unable to reconcile voting for a party that is so determined to tear down that club? 

This

Should leave this post here and end thiis abomination of a thread. / @Sparkle

12 minutes ago, The Beast said:

This is feck all to do with catholics or race or where you fall on the political spectrum from far left to far right.

This is a about individuals and institutions that are vigorously pursuing an agenda to denigrate and destroy our fanbase and club. This is about standing up to defend ourselves and most definitely not supporting those who wish us harm.

The SNP and certain parts of the MSM  most definitely fall into that category. 

We are not being treated equally or fairly. 

We are under attack right now in the present day. If you can't see or understand that, then by all means keep on blethering on about injustices from decades ago but don't expect many to agree with you.

That's exactly it.

@Bakbear's post good too.

2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Heard this argument for years, complete nonsense.

SNP win my area easily and my vote would have no impact. Only other viable winner is Labour and thats another joke party I will never vote for.

Tbf mate, how many other people probably sit and say the same thing? So really your vote in the end potentially could make a difference 

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Heard this argument for years, complete nonsense.

SNP win my area easily and my vote would have no impact. Only other viable winner is Labour and thats another joke party I will never vote for.

Sorry but I disagree with your logic every vote matters you will not be the only one not voting in your area it need every single person to vote and whilst I understand where your coming from we have to start fighting back  using our votes tactically  it’s at the ballot box where the SNP can be defeated   Not voting is not an option

When one party wins by more than double the vote, even if people like me did vote for the other party it still wouldn't change the outcome or even close to affecting it.

Also a strong argument people in a similar situation could end up voting SNP. 

Also, as I mentioned its SNP or Labour.

Cant stand either so will continue to not vote. 

I was only saying mate, no need to bite my head off 

I have a mate who professes to be a Rangers supporter yet being an Indy/SNP supporter he quite happily calls the Union Flag the butcher’s apron, I can’t get my head round this, to hate Tories fine but to hate everything our club stands for while saying you support them doesn’t make sense.

When one party wins by more than double the vote, even if people like me did vote for the other party it still wouldn't change the outcome or even close to affecting it.

Also, as I mentioned its SNP or Labour.

Cant stand either so will continue to not vote. 

Yes double the vote but what was the turnout?  I would guess it was less than 60%  please please use your bot tactically  Labour are by far a better option than SNP  

I hate  demonising our own but your views show complete ignorance of the democratic system  the other lot  use their vote  we have to  start fighting back and the first step is to use your vote 

9 hours ago, Angus1965 said:

These Dim Wits are living in the past , do these Idiots not realise a large percentage of the Scotland support in the travel club are Rangers .

The Scum supporters that say if you vote SNP , Labour / Tory Scum. 

FFS I wont vote for anyone , but i dislike some Arse that has never set foot at Ibrox like the OP Swagger .

The Scotland travel club. Ffs.

9 hours ago, Angus1965 said:

So if you read the Daily Record , vote SNP , support the Red team on Bargain Hunt , or answer the door tae Jehovah’s Witnesses.you are not a Rangers supporter ....Listen Son , ive been supporting Rangers since you were in Nappies ...Scum like you dont tell me what i should do .

Shut it Dick head. How long have you been going to Ibrox? 

3 minutes ago, eastwoodbear said:

Shut it Dick head. How long have you been going to Ibrox? 

I am sorry but you cannot support Rangers and the SNP  who by the way do not have one MP or Scottish member of parliament who supports Rangers not a single one  think about that not one in a country of 5m of which at least 1.5 m support Rangers and where the RCs make up less than 900k that is an incredible fact  

13 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

I have a mate who professes to be a Rangers supporter yet being an Indy/SNP supporter he quite happily calls the Union Flag the butcher’s apron, I can’t get my head round this, to hate Tories fine but to hate everything our club stands for while saying you support them doesn’t make sense.

But what does our club stand for? I don’t think it’s necessarily for PUL as many believe. 

Bear with me here. This is what I was talking about earlier about both sides getting entrenched in their views. 

There is a nuance between demanding parity and being unionist. There may come a time when the majority of Scots support independence. maybe not now, or even soon, but if it does come then Glasgow Rangers will still have a place in that society.

If it does come I hope it is on the back of a political system that is rooted in optimism and inclusiveness with a view to promoting the best that the diverse people of Scotland have to offer. the SNP do not have that approach and in fact are unfit for office with an “independence at all cost” scorched earth policy. They are culpable in running the country into the ground and blaming “westmonster”. It is a cult that seeks to ostracise non-believers.  It’s horrible. 

All politicians are cants. But this one party has amalgamated more than most and their track record has landed Scotland in a horrible state. Nationalism is never a good look and their tactics of attacking the “establishment” (read majority) to further their Indy agenda is abhorrent but …..unfortunately….. working. 

3 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

McConnell hated Rangers. Sellik through and through 

It was the bold Lord McConnell who kicked off the whole focus on football fans that we're seeing now. McConnell took it from being something that didn't really have any real influence on day-to-day life to being something that we see mentioned in parliament on a monthly basis.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It was the bold Lord McConnell who kicked off the whole focus on football fans that we're seeing now. McConnell took it from being something that didn't really have any real influence on day-to-day life to being something that we see mentioned in parliament on a monthly basis.

Exactly that horrible cunt got the race started the snp just picked up the baton