Helander - Injury

AGC123

A striker makes a mistake we go unpunished, a midfielder makes a mistake more often than not we go unpunished but a defender makes a mistake there's a high probability we get punished. This doesn't make him shite and if it happened more often then yeah slate him but he is very consistent for us and is our best defender. I thought balogun was poor again and he was lucky his poor clearance in the 2nd half didn't result in another goal. If the big man is out for a long time then it's a massive blow. 

1 hour ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

I agree, it's Gerrards biggest downfall. 

Thing is, its hard to say its his downfall, when it has in all regards been successful, you know me on here, im very critical if mistakes are made and continually made, i actually hate our 433 as i think its too respectful of scottish opposition, but given our euro performances and we won the title, i can see why he keeps playing it

For me his problem is he picks the system then forces players into it rather than pick a system he has the players for, 

7 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Thing is, its hard to say its his downfall, when it has in all regards been successful, you know me on here, im very critical if mistakes are made and continually made, i actually hate our 433 as i think its too respectful of scottish opposition, but given our euro performances and we won the title, i can see why he keeps playing it

For me his problem is he picks the system then forces players into it rather than pick a system he has the players for, 

Yip SG and his team just dont have a clue.

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

I think it is his downfall, we got beat off the racists last season because he wouldn't change our system in Europe and the same against malmo this season. For as much success he's had, he needs to change the system when things aren't working rather than just persevering with it. 

3 hours ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

A striker makes a mistake we go unpunished, a midfielder makes a mistake more often than not we go unpunished but a defender makes a mistake there's a high probability we get punished. This doesn't make him shite and if it happened more often then yeah slate him but he is very consistent for us and is our best defender. I thought balogun was poor again and he was lucky his poor clearance in the 2nd half didn't result in another goal. If the big man is out for a long time then it's a massive blow. 

So Helander was poor, yeah?

Helander has always had injury issues with us and it's a shame because he is a quality defender.

If we get the switched on Balogun from the Old Firm then I've not got any worries. If he plays like he did against Malmo then we could be in a bit of bother. Hopefully the big man steps up.

Potentially a chance for Jack Simpson to show what he's about in the domestic games as I'm sure this will mean he'll get a few now. Has a lot of doubters so it's now or never for him, I think.

13 minutes ago, CR3 said:

He said it wouldn’t be possible in the presser.

6 minutes ago, Bluekev said:

Hope his recovery goes well. I'm sure I read that we have to option to recall Katic in January which might be useful as he'll have some minutes under his belt by then.

Well an option for later perhaps. I suppose it will depend on where Gerrard wants to strengthen in the new year and the injury situation with the squad.

Big loss early in the season though, hopefully someone will take the challenge and step up.