Helander - Injury

AGC123

4 hours ago, Hadron Collider said:

That scum bastard is possibly the fastest player in the league. Would Goldson have dealt with him better. Where was Balogun? Helander is our best CB. Let’s get rid of him eh? 

Totally agree. Sometimes there’s just one player on a particular day who manages to manipulate your weaknesses or you can’t quite manage to overcome your weaknesses against. 

O’Halloran is pish but with phenomenal speed and he had a good day today. Helander’s usual strength in positioning and reading of the game just wasn’t quite at it today.

Folk need to remember everyone has an “off day” or at least makes some mistakes. When you’ve played the game at any level yourself you can appreciate these things more.

16 hours ago, Hadron Collider said:

That scum bastard is possibly the fastest player in the league. Would Goldson have dealt with him better. Where was Balogun? Helander is our best CB. Let’s get rid of him eh? 

Bit of an over reaction never once said we should get rid, for what its worth I think he is the best CB at the club but your deluding yourself if you didn't think he had a mare yesterday, even Simpson looked more solid when he came on which tbf wasn't hard to do. 

HG5 likes this

15 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Bit of an over reaction never once said we should get rid, for what its worth I think he is the best CB at the club but your deluding yourself if you didn't think he had a mare yesterday, even Simpson looked more solid when he came on which tbf wasn't hard to do. 

You’re deluded if you think no team should score against us. “These Things Happen”. 😉

Bluekev likes this

A striker makes a mistake we go unpunished, a midfielder makes a mistake more often than not we go unpunished but a defender makes a mistake there's a high probability we get punished. This doesn't make him shite and if it happened more often then yeah slate him but he is very consistent for us and is our best defender. I thought balogun was poor again and he was lucky his poor clearance in the 2nd half didn't result in another goal. If the big man is out for a long time then it's a massive blow. 

BigDak and barrymorrison1 like this

1 hour ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

I agree, it's Gerrards biggest downfall. 

Thing is, its hard to say its his downfall, when it has in all regards been successful, you know me on here, im very critical if mistakes are made and continually made, i actually hate our 433 as i think its too respectful of scottish opposition, but given our euro performances and we won the title, i can see why he keeps playing it

For me his problem is he picks the system then forces players into it rather than pick a system he has the players for, 

HG5 likes this

7 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Thing is, its hard to say its his downfall, when it has in all regards been successful, you know me on here, im very critical if mistakes are made and continually made, i actually hate our 433 as i think its too respectful of scottish opposition, but given our euro performances and we won the title, i can see why he keeps playing it

For me his problem is he picks the system then forces players into it rather than pick a system he has the players for, 

Yip SG and his team just dont have a clue.

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

I think it is his downfall, we got beat off the racists last season because he wouldn't change our system in Europe and the same against malmo this season. For as much success he's had, he needs to change the system when things aren't working rather than just persevering with it. 

3 hours ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

A striker makes a mistake we go unpunished, a midfielder makes a mistake more often than not we go unpunished but a defender makes a mistake there's a high probability we get punished. This doesn't make him shite and if it happened more often then yeah slate him but he is very consistent for us and is our best defender. I thought balogun was poor again and he was lucky his poor clearance in the 2nd half didn't result in another goal. If the big man is out for a long time then it's a massive blow. 

So Helander was poor, yeah?