***** The Official Champions vs St. Johnstone Sat 11th Sept 2021*****

Boybluesy

Saturday 12.30 k.o. at  McDiarmid Park.    It's on Sky Sports Football and also Rangers t.v.   As seen on other thread travelling fans allowed subject to ballot and vaccination passport (only kidding).

This is an opportunity for revenge given our abysmal showing in the cup, but more importantly gaining another three points.

Team news, definitely no Hagi, (Covid)  probably no Helander.   Aribo and Balogun both available and Tav has returned to full training.  

20 minutes ago, Boybluesy said:

Saturday 12.30 k.o. at  McDiarmid Park.    It's on Sky Sports Football and also Rangers t.v.   As seen on other thread travelling fans allowed subject to ballot and vaccination passport (only kidding).

This is an opportunity for revenge given our abysmal showing in the cup, but more importantly gaining another three points.

Team news, definitely no Hagi, (Covid)  probably no Helander.   Aribo and Balogun both available and Tav has returned to full training.  

Tav said he was getting there slowly. He might need to hurry it up if Patterson is out for Saturday, he's missing the Scotland game injured.

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Tav said he was getting there slowly. He might need to hurry it up if Patterson is out for Saturday, he's missing the Scotland game injured.

I think Patterson will make it.  Injury was described as a niggle and should be ok after a few days.  Clarke couldn't/wouldn't risk him or face the ire of Gerrard, especially now after Jack situation and who was probably impacted by playing for Scotland. 

3 hours ago, ElBufalo20 said:

St Johnstone are shite one season wonders that got lucky.

I expect a comfortable 3/4-0 win.

No point in predicting line ups these days given internationals and COVID cases.

They might not repeat what they did but it wasn't lucky :lol: 

12 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

They might not repeat what they did but it wasn't lucky :lol: 

They beat Dunfermline on penalties on the way to the final in the league cup and didnt play any old form teams either and beat us on penalties after we battered them in 90 minutes in the Scottish cup.

They were 100% lucky to win both competitions.

1 minute ago, ElBufalo20 said:

They beat Dunfermline on penalties on the way to the final in the league cup and didnt play any old form teams either and beat us on penalties after we battered them in 90 minutes in the Scottish cup.

So teams who win penalty shootouts en route to the final are lucky to win it? Pretty mental logic that I'm glad we never won in Manchester now

3 hours ago, Boybluesy said:

They won a cup double.  I can’t think of an easy victory against them of late. Kent, Morelos, Wright, Roofe, Aribo, Goldson, must be raring to play.        Aribo probably our best player just now.  I’d also get Defoe in the squad. 

We beat them 3-0, 4-0, 4-1 in the last few seasons at McDermaid Park

8 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

So teams who win penalty shootouts en route to the final are lucky to win it? Pretty mental logic that I'm glad we never won in Manchester now

Yep they are. It was complete skill from us that Vieri rattled a penalty over the crossbar.Also from St Johnstone  against a team from a league below.

So you think St Johnstone are a good team?

8 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Yep they are. It was complete skill from us that Vieri rattled a penalty over the crossbar.Also from St Johnstone  against a team from a league below.

So you think St Johnstone are a good team?

Decent mid table SPFL side who punched well above their weight last season. Nothing lucky about it.

Just now, The Specky Liar said:

Decent mid table SPFL side who punched well above their weight last season. Nothing lucky about it.

I see you avoided the point about missed penalties.

Exactly a mid table team as you say. If we as champions struggle against them there is a major problem.

6 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

I see you avoided the point about missed penalties.

Exactly a mid table team as you say. If we as champions struggle against them there is a major problem.

I avoided it because it is absolutely ridiculous and not worth responding to

We got to Manchester on penalties, Liverpool in Istanbul, Chelsea in Munich etc. It's a part of knockout football

10 hours ago, ElBufalo20 said:

We did not batter them whatsoever

So we are probably looking at:

McGregor

Patterson Goldson Balogun Bassey

Lundstram Davis Kamara

Kent Morelos Aribo/Wright

Thats assuming Helander and Roofe are out.

He might play Aribo in midfield (:panic:imo) in place of Lundstram but otherwise that should be enough to beat a team who have just lost their captain and their best player.

Take a 1-0 win right now to be honest.

2 minutes ago, LiverpoolBlue said:

SG looks fit and ready too go again after his recent brush with isolation

Saw him earlier today in his usual coffee shop in Formby,

he was with family so I only waved a 'good morning' which was acknowledged, well I did have my Rangers top on

:rangers:

Should have ran over and gave him a bear hug