***** The Official Champions vs St. Johnstone Sat 11th Sept 2021*****

Boybluesy

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Why do we rotate keepers now 

McGregor’s age is the simple answer, was spoke about between him and the manager at the start of the season to manage his minutes more and why he wasn’t thrown in from the start every game this season. Think there was a niggle though. Was in one of the first pressers.

McGlaughlin HAS to be match sharp when called upon. That's why he gets so many games. No point playing 1 or 2 games a season only. That makes no sense at all. 

That front 3 should be well enough to sweep this mob away. Aribo in midfield hasn't always worked but I'd still prefer to have him in than not!

COME ON RANGERS!!!!!

:UK: :UK: :UK: 

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

Why do we rotate keepers now 

I'm guessing it's with McGregor getting on in age that he is more likely to pick up an injury, or even have a drop in standard, and if this happens, he wants to have the option to bring in the other keeper who is match fresh.

I wouldn't be surprised to even see McCrorie get some cup games while he rotates Shagger and McLaughlin in the league.

Still expect McGregor to start all the Euro matches.

2 minutes ago, CR3 said:

McGregor’s age is the simple answer, was spoke about between him and the manager at the start of the season to manage his minutes more and why he wasn’t thrown in from the start every game this season. Think there was a niggle though. Was in one of the first pressers.

Rotating your keeper every other game in the league is moronic. Age isn’t a factor for keepers the same way it is for outfield players either and he has proven he still has the ability 

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

Rotating your keeper every other game in the league is moronic. Age isn’t a factor for keepers the same way it is for outfield players either and he has proven he still has the ability 

I'd rather McGregor played the game prior to the EL game on Thursday, to keep him sharp. 

6 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

He’s 39 though:lol: that’s almost unheard of unless you’re Buffon. You don’t know what injuries or stuff are affecting him at that age but he obviously can’t play every game in all competitons anymore or he would be. Maybe if this gives us an extra season out of him it will be a great shout. 

We have a strong squad of 20 plus players, and probably a few more to add to that too. All of them are more than capable. I'm genuinely never really bothered who starts anymore to be honest.

Last season a lot of players played too many games. That shouldn't happen again this season. There will be lots of legitimate daily/weekly reasons why someone is not playing. I think sometimes we look too much into something that isn't even there. Good players will also not make the match day squad. Our squad depth is that strong IMO.

There will always be knocks, Covid, personal, fatigue, overload issues as well. We need the whole squad to play a part. We need to utilise our squad to it's maximum.

I think ideally you want the same keeper playing week in week out but maybe to get the best out of McGregor we've mutually agreed 1 game a week for the most part is best suited for all parties. We also probably want to keep the other keepers involved and fresh. Our keepers were excellent last season and I think they'll be excellent again this season. 

1 minute ago, EMRFC said:

Let’s be honest McGregor hasn’t been all that impressive in the games he’s played this season and in pre season

I wouldn’t say any of our keepers have been all that impressive so far this season, but you’re right rotating them constantly will definitely improve that 

3 minutes ago, CR3 said:

He’s 39 though:lol: that’s almost unheard of unless you’re Buffon. You don’t know what injuries or stuff are affecting him at that age but he obviously can’t play every game in all competitons anymore or he would be. Maybe if this gives us an extra season out of him it will be a great shout. 

Drop him entirely in the league and play him in the cups then. Not having this rotation of keepers in the league at all