Vaccines needed for Football

scottyc06

3 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Point made for me thanks. I’m 10x more likely to get the flu than Covid. Yet every available resource has been used to fight this disease that’s taking much less lives than everything else in the country. 

More likely to get the flu, more likely to die from covid.

4 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

The last time I looked, a couple of weeks ago, the MHRA yellow card reporting system was showing over 1500 deaths in the UK and over a million adverse side effects, ranging from a sore arm to strokes/permanent blindness.  
Look if you, or anybody, wants to take this vaccine that’s fine.  I can perfectly understand why those in the high risk category for Covid such as those over 50 or those with known health risks would want to take it.  However, the decision not to take it, if you are younger and healthy and the risk balance is not clear, should also be down to the individual without coercion like being made a second class citizen in terms of what they are allowed to do. All the more so, when we know these vaccines do not sterilise the virus and you can catch and spread Covid even when you’re vaccinated.  There is therefore no chance that herd immunity will be reached using these vaccines.  The decision is a purely personal one as it only affects the health of the individual themselves.

1500 what? Deaths due to the vaccine?

Fuck me, wanna buy some magic beans?

2 minutes ago, Madina said:

Maybe someone can explain to me, but why are we seeing more deaths (and more cases) this year, than this time last year when there was no vaccine? Dont give me the party line pish of "DeLtA iS mOrE tRaNsMisSaBLe!!!!!!" Is it maybe due to the fact the vaccine is absolute shite? Needing boosters about 6 months on from the elderly/vulnerable groups being double dosed. What an absolute minter of a "vaccine"

There are simpletons, and then there is you.

Like for your own sake im hoping you are joking with this.

11 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

The last time I looked, a couple of weeks ago, the MHRA yellow card reporting system was showing over 1500 deaths in the UK and over a million adverse side effects, ranging from a sore arm to strokes/permanent blindness.  
Look if you, or anybody, wants to take this vaccine that’s fine.  I can perfectly understand why those in the high risk category for Covid such as those over 50 or those with known health risks would want to take it.  However, the decision not to take it, if you are younger and healthy and the risk balance is not clear, should also be down to the individual without coercion like being made a second class citizen in terms of what they are allowed to do. All the more so, when we know these vaccines do not sterilise the virus and you can catch and spread Covid even when you’re vaccinated.  There is therefore no chance that herd immunity will be reached using these vaccines.  The decision is a purely personal one as it only affects the health of the individual themselves.

The risk balance IS clear. The side effects, like every other drug available for medical purposes carry side effects. Even allowing for the fanciful 1500 number all being directly attributable to the vaccine, of a total 92,053,472 doses administered, that means 0.00162949% of doses have caused a death.

Just to give that a little bit of context. If every single person inside Ibrox on a matchday was given the vaccine, 0.8 people would die.

11 minutes ago, The Dude said:

They are used under an emergency use but have passed all three stages of clinical trials.

The Phase 3 trials were completed last year - here's the results as published at the time - https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2034577

MRNA trials were successfully performed on mice in 1990. While the Covid vaccines were ALL successfully trialled on animals:

Pfizer- https://jwww.pfizer.com/news/press-release/press-release-detail/pfizer-and-biontech-announce-data-preclinical-studies-mrna

Johnson & Johnson https://www.jnj.com/johnson-johnson-announces-that-janssens-covid-19-investigational-vaccine-candidate-prevents-severe-clinical-disease-in-pre-clinical-studies

Moderna https://investors.modernatx.com/news-releases/news-release-details/moderna-announces-publication-new-england-journal-medicine-non

Please stop making shit up that is verifiably bullshit.

They do not finish the trials to 2022/23, I will look up and find the documents that show this and post them.  Why do you think they were issued under emergency use documentation?  Why do you think they refuse to take liability for any side effects?  Since Covid has only been a thing since early 2020, how can they possibly know the medium / long term effects by late 2020?  These vaccines were not successfully trialled on animals to my understanding.

The early clinical trials were to assess effectiveness for prevention of serious illness, not infection or spread of Covid.  The manufacturers make no claims on this.  The choice whether to take these vaccines is therefore a solely personal health decision and should be considered as such without coercion.