Morelos

MacBoyd

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So in his four seasons at the club, you think Morelos has failed to hit the leve required inn every one of them?

You love a wee shift of the goalposts when the facts are there, but I’ll answer.

We’ve won 1 trophy out of 12 in that period, and that suggests that the whole team hasn’t consistently hit the level needed (excluding Europe of course). 

I’m not saying he isn’t a good player, but his goals return hasn’t been where it should be over the last 2 seasons. Had enough of arguing with you about it now. 

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

You love a wee shift of the goalposts when the facts are there, but I’ll answer.

We’ve won 1 trophy out of 12 in that period, and that suggests that the whole team has consistently hit the level needed (excluding Europe of course). 

I’m not saying he isn’t a good player, but his goals return hasn’t been where it should be over the last 2 seasons. Had enough of arguing with you about it now. 

Blame the manager for that shitshow.

20 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Then we know to disregard whatever pish it is you come out with.

What an angry young man you are.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

You're right I'm not getting it. Morelos is in a bad run of form. It happens to every player who ever plays the game. There's not a player at the club who hasn't had a similar run in their career and even the manager and his sidekick had spells in their own playing career when they were pretty fucking woeful. That doesn't mean he's suddenly forgotten how to do basic things and needs some fucking youtube video to show him how to strike a ball :lol:

Simply making a point that if you watch Morelos, without the blinkered specs of previous goal tallies and how superb he's been for us in the past and despite his goal to game ratio, you would see that right now and for a while  he's lacking the ability to create a goal from nothing. He lacks a fake shot, he lacks many of the instinctual attributes of a Defoe.  That may be difficult for you to admit or agree with which is fine, there's no need to resort to petty comments like above.

Perhaps I shouldn't have used the youtube video as you and other may have taken that out of context.  The reason for the video was to highlight what I meant in terms of faking a shot.  I didn't expect anyone, including a 35 year old, to take it literally. 

1 minute ago, Ted E Bayer said:

What an angry young man you are.

Simply making a point that if you watch Morelos, without the blinkered specs of previous goal tallies and how superb he's been for us in the past and despite his goal to game ratio, you would see that right now and for a while  he's lacking the ability to create a goal from nothing. He lacks a fake shot, he lacks many of the instinctual attributes of a Defoe.  That may be difficult for you to admit or agree with which is fine, there's no need to resort to petty comments like above.

Perhaps I shouldn't have used the youtube video as you and other may have taken that out of context.  The reason for the video was to highlight what I meant in terms of faking a shot.  I didn't expect anyone, including a 35 year old, to take it literally. 

Who is angry?

I've already agreed with you earlier that Morelos isn't in form just now, It appears in your rush to project your anger on me, you've managed to completely miss that one. Defoe seems to get better the longer he's out of the side. Ever wondered why he's not been anywhere near the side this season? Even allowing for his mythical 'fake shot'?

We're so lucky to have a poster on here to educate those of us who don't know what a 'fake shot' is.

15 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Roofe started 13 games, Morelos started 22 and Roofe still outscored him from largely playing in a wider role.

People can defend Morelos but I don't believe for a second that on a minute by minute basis that he was better than Roofe last season, not even close.

Edit: league stats btw

Roofe played 2126 minutes last season, morelos got 3174 mins, thats all comps, if we just go by scotland, morelos got 2347 mins and roofe got 1676 minutes, so in scotland roofe played 10hrs less of football than morelos and yet he outscored him

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Who is angry?

I've already agreed with you earlier that Morelos isn't in form just now, It appears in your rush to project your anger on me, you've managed to completely miss that one. Defoe seems to get better the longer he's out of the side. Ever wondered why he's not been anywhere near the side this season? Even allowing for his mythical 'fake shot'?

We're so lucky to have a poster on here to educate those of us who don't know what a 'fake shot' is.

It seems like every post I've made I get a unneccessary negative reply from you "disregard whatever pish it is you come out with".  Would you say that to someone's face?

"We're so lucky to have a poster on here to educate those of us who don't know what a 'fake shot' is."  "mythical 'fake shot"  Is there any need for this?

Fair enough, you don't agree with me.  Feel free to ignore my posts mate. 

4 minutes ago, Ted E Bayer said:

It seems like every post I've made I get a unneccessary negative reply from you "disregard whatever pish it is you come out with".  Would you say that to someone's face?

"We're so lucky to have a poster on here to educate those of us who don't know what a 'fake shot' is."  "mythical 'fake shot"  Is there any need for this?

Fair enough, you don't agree with me.  Feel free to ignore my posts mate. 

This if a forum mate.  Forums a here for discussion, to exchange ideas and what not. 

I'd quite happily say it to someone's face if they claimed they "absolutely think" a professional footballer has forgotten how to do the basic things such as a 'fake shot' because they are in a run of bad form. - even more so when they then link a YT video as if they are the only person who understands what a fake shot is.

Just now, The Dude said:

How so? Deal is up in 2023. Clubs will look to get him next summer and there's no danger we're getting mega money for someone in the last year of his deal.

Ah nevermind then, I thought you meant purely from a value point of view based on worth rather than due to contract status.

Just now, Broxi said:

Ah nevermind then, I thought you meant purely from a value point of view based on worth rather than due to contract status.

Even from a purely value point of view, we won't get much more. He's a midfielder who is fairly inconsistent in the SPFL and nobody can seem to figure out what his best position is yet despite the fact he's 26 in the summer.

Just now, The Dude said:

Even from a purely value point of view, we won't get much more. He's a midfielder who is fairly inconsistent in the SPFL and nobody can seem to figure out what his best position is yet despite the fact he's 26 in the summer.

We aren't going to get £20m for him but we wouldn't let him go for less than double figures if he was on a longer term deal. 

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

His inconsistency is something quite spectacular for someone his age. Anywhere around the £8m mark as you said will be good business for us.

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

His inconsistency is something quite spectacular for someone his age. Anywhere around the £8m mark as you said will be good business for us.

Think too many folk get big money on FM and think it just translates into reallife.

Scottish football is the bargain bin for transfers (even more so now post-Brexit).

Just now, The Dude said:

When was the last time we sold a player for seven figures, never mind eight?

We've had offers though. So we could have.

When was the last time we've came off the back of an invincible league season and 3 years of strong European success? Just because we've not been in a position to before doesn't mean we shouldn't now that we are. In current climate, now having won something, and the talent of someone like Aribo, he shouldn't be going for single figures. Neither should Hagi, Kent or Kamara

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Think too many folk get big money on FM and think it just translates into reallife.

Scottish football is the bargain bin for transfers (even more so now post-Brexit).

Plus £8m would be our 2nd biggest recieved transfer in our history. Some need a bit of a reality check.

Forget previous heroics, especially in Europe.

Based on the last 12 month’s form, I wouldn’t buy Morelos for the million he originally cost us. He has improved as a team player (although his passing can sometimes be wayward) and is dropping deeper to get involved but we’ve lost a great striker in the process.

Roofe will never be that striker, nor will Itten. Any decent offer for Morelos should be accepted and I hope to God we already have a shortlist of replacements.