Morelos

MacBoyd

Just now, The Dude said:

Can only go with the prices people actually paid in reality rather than hypotheticals based on scenarios that never happened.

You are hypothetically valuing Aribo too, there is absolutely no difference other than you are using ridiculous examples to back it up

Just now, The Dude said:

Ok, six players in the last 20 years (prices for players have been ridiculous throughout that entire timescale). How many have we managed in that time?

We haven’t been in a successful position to sell players in half of that timescale. 

A better comparison was celtic, who have sold upwards of 6+ for £10m+ there or thereabouts over the last decade.

Not sure what point you are even making anymore…

Just now, The Dude said:

Definitely wasnt multi-millions.

Why was Lee Bowyer so raging that he was coming to us then if it wasn't because he was losing out on tons of money?

I'm happy to admit I'm wrong if you can provide evidence but I genuinely think you're just making stuff up now

2 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

We haven’t been in a successful position to sell players in half of that timescale. 

A better comparison was celtic, who have sold upwards of 6+ for £10m+ there or thereabouts over the last decade.

No cunt is paying eight figures for Joe Aribo

16 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

I'm not a massive fan of him but he now has international recognition, European experience and is a league winner now with probably around another 100 games under his belt

He has all that, but any scout watching him now will still highlight that he is massively inconsistent, doesnt have the stats to back up his ability, and drifts out of big games too often

If aribo was performing for a championship team down south exactly as he is right now, would you spend 8mill on him? 

2 minutes ago, Broxi said:

And nobody would have a problem with you having that opinion if you didn't start using ridiculous points to make that argument :lol:

Saying nobody is paying that because he's 25, inconsistent as fuck and is out of contract in 18 months is ridiculous?

6 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

And for half of it we were and still couldn't come close. Winning titles and still couldn't make a profit on players.

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

He has all that, but any scout watching him now will still highlight that he is massively inconsistent, doesnt have the stats to back up his ability, and drifts out of big games too often

If aribo was performing for a championship team down south exactly as he is right now, would you spend 8mill on him? 

A scout for a big team would highlight that, a Norwich/Brentford/West Brom on the other hand won't have the pick of the best players and need to settle. 

Don't know, would depend on my budget, squad etc

7 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Why was Lee Bowyer so raging that he was coming to us then if it wasn't because he was losing out on tons of money?

I'm happy to admit I'm wrong if you can provide evidence but I genuinely think you're just making stuff up now

“I worked so hard to get him to this situation he is in now,” said the former Newcastle and Leeds midfielder, speaking to the South London Press.

“It is about progression for him. So it’s a shame if he gets pushed to somewhere where it is not going to benefit him in his football career.  

“If he goes to Rangers that is not the right place for him to go for his football career.

“You have got Rangers and Celtic who are massive clubs, I get that. And I get that Steven Gerrard was a great player, so that’s an attraction. Those two things are the attraction – but not everything else.

“It doesn’t make sense on the football side. When people from England go and play for Celtic and Rangers it is at the end of their careers. That’s because it is very rare you get a move from Rangers to the Premier League, and I don’t mean any disrespect by that. 

“They might go from Rangers to the Championship, very rarely is it to the Premier League. For me he should stay in England and keep progressing. The move should benefit Joe.

“For us to be able to compete financially with Rangers or any other team really, it is not possible unfortunately.

“It’s a completely different league to what we’re offering. 

“I met and had a chat with Joe on Friday. I told him that if he was going to go, at least stay in England – because that is where the best football is. If you have got the opportunity to go and play Premier League football, then at least you are going to the best place.”

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Saying nobody is paying that because he's 25, inconsistent as fuck and is out of contract in 18 months is ridiculous?

Saying that he won't go for double figures because only 6 have in 130 years, when all 6 of them have been in the last 8 years, in a market which is ever rising - and then using the valuations of 2 players which were in the last year of their contracts who still went for big money in/around double figures, and continually ignoring the fact we're talking about Aribo as if he was not in the last 18 months of his contract is ridiculous. Yes.

Like I said, it's not the premise of the argument, it's the points you've used.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

“I worked so hard to get him to this situation he is in now,” said the former Newcastle and Leeds midfielder, speaking to the South London Press.

“It is about progression for him. So it’s a shame if he gets pushed to somewhere where it is not going to benefit him in his football career.  

“If he goes to Rangers that is not the right place for him to go for his football career.

“You have got Rangers and Celtic who are massive clubs, I get that. And I get that Steven Gerrard was a great player, so that’s an attraction. Those two things are the attraction – but not everything else.

“It doesn’t make sense on the football side. When people from England go and play for Celtic and Rangers it is at the end of their careers. That’s because it is very rare you get a move from Rangers to the Premier League, and I don’t mean any disrespect by that. 

“They might go from Rangers to the Championship, very rarely is it to the Premier League. For me he should stay in England and keep progressing. The move should benefit Joe.

“For us to be able to compete financially with Rangers or any other team really, it is not possible unfortunately.

“It’s a completely different league to what we’re offering. 

“I met and had a chat with Joe on Friday. I told him that if he was going to go, at least stay in England – because that is where the best football is. If you have got the opportunity to go and play Premier League football, then at least you are going to the best place.”

And everyone at the time assumed he was just raging because of the money being lost. Would a manager really care where a player went after leaving?

Evidence that English clubs could get him for £600k?

1 minute ago, Broxi said:

Saying that he won't go for double figures because only 6 have in 130 years, when all 6 of them have been in the last 8 years, in a market which is ever rising - and then using the valuations of 2 players which were in the last year of their contracts who still went for big money in/around double figures, and continually ignoring the fact we're talking about Aribo as if he was not in the last 18 months of his contract is ridiculous. Yes.

Like I said, it's not the premise of the argument, it's the points you've used.

The market isn't ever rising. Brexit and Covid have fucked the market for British clubs.

1 minute ago, The Specky Liar said:

A scout for a big team would highlight that, a Norwich/Brentford/West Brom on the other hand won't have the pick of the best players and need to settle. 

Don't know, would depend on my budget, squad etc

Norwich/brentford/west brom would imo likely want to spend their 8mill on someone proven down south, aribo is barely proven up here, 

Just now, Broxi said:

And everyone at the time assumed he was just raging because of the money being lost. Would a manager really care where a player went after leaving?

Evidence that English clubs could get him for £600k?

@The Dude isn't gullible enough to believe that he's just bored and looking for an argument with Rangers supporters for some weird reason.