Morelos

MacBoyd

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Norwich/brentford/west brom would imo likely want to spend their 8mill on someone proven down south, aribo is barely proven up here, 

In the summer Norwich spent around £10m on a winger from the Greek league and Brentford spent £9m on a midfielder from Denmark as well as Ajer who played in Scotland

1 minute ago, The Specky Liar said:

@The Dude isn't gullible enough to believe that he's just bored and looking for an argument with Rangers supporters for some weird reason.

I actually like him more than most do :lol:

But yeah some of the points were just getting silly. Too many pages been lost to whether it's £8m or £10m and it doesn't really matter, I'll leave it there

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Kamara, Prime Morelos and probably now Patterson would be our most sellable assets and the only 3 we would get 8 figure transfer fees for.

Know you're not his biggest fan but would comfortably get it for Kent surely.

Just now, Broxi said:

And everyone at the time assumed he was just raging because of the money being lost. Would a manager really care where a player went after leaving?

Evidence that English clubs could get him for £600k?

There's a rough formula used based on the status of the clubs, the players existing wage and fees paid to originally bring him to the club. A League One to Championship move for a player on a low wage who cost fuck all to sign isn't going to see a tribunal set a high fee. The level of interest from other clubs is also something taken into account and given, we were the only other contract offer Aribo had to leave Charlton, it will have had an influence on any fee set by the tribunal as Charlton would have only stood to gain £350k if he moved to Scotland anyway.

The biggest thing in Aribo's favour was the fact he had some first-team football under his belt but the fact it came in the lower tiers will also heavily impact on any fee set - but a tribunal wouldn't have set a fee any higher than c1million depending on how high up the pyramid they were.

7 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

@The Dude isn't gullible enough to believe that he's just bored and looking for an argument with Rangers supporters for some weird reason.

Gullible enough to believe what? Managers look out for players' interests in their career? No, definitely never seen that one happen before. :sarcasm:

Just now, The Dude said:

Gullible enough to believe what? Managers look out for players' interests in their career? No, definitely never seen that one happen before. :sarcasm:

Gullible to believe he wasn't looking out for his own interests first and foremost. :Banane21:

4 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

In the summer Norwich spent around £10m on a winger from the Greek league and Brentford spent £9m on a midfielder from Denmark as well as Ajer who played in Scotland

The winger norwich signed is 19 and in 46 appearances last season he scored 16 goals and got 10 assists, aribo is 25 and last season played 42 games with 8 goals and 7 assists

If Norwich value that winger at 10mill for they stats and that age, then absolutely no way they are paying 8mill for aribo with his age and his stats last season

Gullible to believe he wasn't looking out for his own interests first and foremost. :Banane21:

He absolutely was. I'd expect any manager to do the same but I know firsrt-hand of some managers who continue to play an important part in players' careers long after theyve moved club (Scotty Arfield and Yogi Hughes being one example)

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

The winger norwich signed is 19 and in 46 appearances last season he scored 16 goals and got 10 assists, aribo is 25 and last season played 42 games with 8 goals and 7 assists

If Norwich value that winger at 10mill for they stats and that age, then absolutely no way they are paying 8mill for aribo with his age and his stats last season

Very simplistic way of looking at it.

Just now, The Dude said:

He absolutely was. I'd expect any manager to do the same but I know firsrt-hand of some managers who continue to play an important part in players' careers long after theyve moved club (Scotty Arfield and Yogi Hughes being one example)

:Banane21:

4 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Know you're not his biggest fan but would comfortably get it for Kent surely.

When Kent is on form he’s unplayable but it’s 6 weeks of brilliance and then months of average performances and then another burst of brilliance.

Kamara and Morelos have done it against the real top teams (Benfica, Porto etc) hence why i think they’ll go for the most.

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

When Kent is on form he’s unplayable but it’s 6 weeks of brilliance and then months of average performances and then another burst of brilliance.

Kamara and Morelos have done it against the real top teams (Benfica, Porto etc) hence why i think they’ll go for the most.

Agree with this but still think he would get a move for £15mish if he was available for transfer

Southampton, Leeds, Palace level teams.

Very simplistic way of looking at it.

What else would you look at, like many have said aribo is highly inconsistent, hasnt nailed down an actual position in our team (might well be on gerrard though) and his stats are pretty shite for someone who supposedly has bags of talent 

16 and 10 for a winger is pretty decent stats, if a team wanted a number 10 and aribos agent said have a look at my guy, what would they see, an inconsistent number 10 whos only making one contribution every 3 games, that immediately would put him down the list of targets before they even check his performances

1 hour ago, teddybear1975 said:

You lost the intelligent debate with your Morelos valuation.😄😄

He hasn’t kicked a ball in ages and is clearly overweight. He’s living on past glories and, if someone showed you a video reel of his last 12 months, you’d say “no thanks”

He’s been fantastic for us in the past but he’s been nowhere near his form of two years ago.

14 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The way we have been playing I would take 6mins of brilliance from him !! We need him back desperately 

9 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

He hasn’t kicked a ball in ages and is clearly overweight. He’s living on past glories and, if someone showed you a video reel of his last 12 months, you’d say “no thanks”

He’s been fantastic for us in the past but he’s been nowhere near his form of two years ago.

This could be fixed fairly quickly in my opinion if he were to add (reintroduce) a few elements to his play around the box. A wee bit composure and we're again looking at a multi million pound player we saw a 18 months ago.  Appreciate this hasn't been helped with the low block and him coming deep so often to be fair. 

23 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Utter nonsense.

32 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

What else would you look at, like many have said aribo is highly inconsistent, hasnt nailed down an actual position in our team (might well be on gerrard though) and his stats are pretty shite for someone who supposedly has bags of talent 

16 and 10 for a winger is pretty decent stats, if a team wanted a number 10 and aribos agent said have a look at my guy, what would they see, an inconsistent number 10 whos only making one contribution every 3 games, that immediately would put him down the list of targets before they even check his performances

Looking at goals scored as a way of deciding to sign a midfielder or not is a very simplistic way of looking at it

I do not see why we are still having the Morelos argument the boys done ship him out as soon as we can.

He will still pop up with the occasional goal but two seasons now he finished with only twelve goals in the league as the main striker for Rangers that's a joke for a main striker.

Posters have dug themselves a hole and just keep digging he was worth fifty million and replacing Vardy on here by the loonballs its clear they are now just doubling down now.