Morelos

MacBoyd

19 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

2 big assists back to back today and Thursday. It's easy to write him off but he is so crucial to us when he's on it.

Problem is that they are not on it enough, tav gets the assist today but lets be honest the defender made a complete cunt of the cross, now if tav throws in fantastic cross after cross you can say well its coming, but he's not even doing that anymore which is some turn around from previous form

We have too many players who show flashes in a game that somehow so far this season has found us top of the league, its like they play 4/10 for 88mins and 10/10 for the other 2, imagine we had the full team playing 7's and 8's for 90mins, we'd smash anyone in scottish football

5 minutes ago, tm91 said:

I would like to see us try to transition Alfie back to the sort of forward he used to be. Him dropping deep gave us a new dimension last year, linking up the play and creating space for the two number 10's and midfielders like Aribo and Arfield. It worked at a time when we were far too reliant on Alfie alone.

Teams have clocked onto that now, and when we play him with Roofe they both try to drop deep and can end up occupying the same spaces. Given Roofe can drop deep and link up play I'd want to see the rampaging Morelos of old back.

Its not just that, in games where we playing against a back 4 on the 18yard line with a 5man midfield 10 yards in front of them all the time, morelos dropping deep simply takes him into a crowded area meaning his touch and pass needs to be spot on everytime, and it isnt, it never has been with him, 

We are playing 2 number 10's, so morelos should be on their last defender all the time, force them to space out and allow our deeper guys more space to work

20 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Mentioned it in the match day thread, and I don't actually know their stats playing together, however, we need to find a way to keep Morelos and Roofe fit and in our starting line up.

When both are on, always feel confident one or both can score.

That's some return from the both of them.

That's incredible also

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Its not just that, in games where we playing against a back 4 on the 18yard line with a 5man midfield 10 yards in front of them all the time, morelos dropping deep simply takes him into a crowded area meaning his touch and pass needs to be spot on everytime, and it isnt, it never has been with him, 

We are playing 2 number 10's, so morelos should be on their last defender all the time, force them to space out and allow our deeper guys more space to work

I was just happy to see the game still finish with a win we have to play much better and we need to be scoring more, we are playing hide behind the couch football just now.

15 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Brilliant picture, yes he can be frustrating when he  misses the odd sitter, but I just cannot help loving the wee mad bastard.

:alfie:

Morelos and Rangers fans in irresponsible behaviour outrage. Dear Leader to address nation in the morning. Humza Useless to visit site of vile and disgusting scenes to spit faux outrage and condemnation into gathered mhedia cameras.

Or something like that come Monday morning.

1 minute ago, Jakes Pal said:

Morelos and Rangers fans in irresponsible behaviour outrage. Dear Leader to address nation in the morning. Humza Useless to visit site of outrage to spit faux outrage and condemnation into gathered mhedia cameras.

Or something like that come Monday morning.

That did cross my mind. :alfie:

26 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I hope it’s a Bear who done the photoshop for a noise up and not a shettleson to try get pressure on the refs  

So do I, however given the recent habit that has developed of fabricating "evidence" against Rangers players and supporters, my money would be on the second option.

Edit. On thinking about it, perhaps it is a Bear  was responsible looking for bites? Given the mentality of many amongst that mhob I am sure that there will be plenty of Them who will believe  that a referee will run around grinning like a cheshire cat when covered by dozens of cameras , after Rangers score, as reality.