Morelos

MacBoyd

6 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Winning 55 / stopping 10, and automatic qualification to the Champions League are absolutely all that mattered / matters.

The rest is just the fluff round the outside (for these two seasons). 

So his previous 3 seasons here where he scored 77 goals and earned us millions upon millions in Europe were 'fluff' hahahahaha that's wild.

4 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

How are scotlands champions not guaranteed entry to cl this season, thought the places were sorted already? 

Because it depends on the team winning the CL being from one of the top ten ranked countries. Top ten countries have an automatic spot. Scotland are 11th for 2021/22.

That will almost certainly happen but it's not a guarantee yet, Our league winners aren't automatically in the group stages until 2023/24. As it stands, we would enter the playoff round based on the current access routes should the winner come from a country ranked outside the top 10.

image.thumb.png.b30307016574eab80671b9adb2b11254.png

10 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I’m sure Gerrard can’t wait for January where he puts Sakala out on loan and buys another player who needs some time. 

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Probably another of his pals looking for a job.

Very harsh.

1 minute ago, The Specky Liar said:

Very harsh.

Probably but Andy Firth latest deal, signing Flanagan and Defoe's new contract do him few favours in that regard (as well as one or two others).

Its one area I've never been totally convinced by under Gerrard. Our signings are VERY hit and miss under him. For every Goldson theres a Jon Flanagan and an Eros Grezda.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Probably but Andy Firth latest deal, signing Flanagan and Defoe's new contract do him few favours in that regard (as well as one or two others).

Its one area I've never been totally convinced by under Gerrard. Our signings are VERY hit and miss under him. For every Goldson theres a Jon Flanagan and an Eros Grezda.

His signings have been very hit and miss I won't argue with that but I'm not buying into the 'jobs for the boys' thing one bit.

4 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

His signings have been very hit and miss I won't argue with that but I'm not buying into the 'jobs for the boys' thing one bit.

There's certainly an element of that. There's no other explanation for Andy Firth getting a new deal last season or Defoe getting a player/coach contract and being nowhere near the squad while having absolutely zero coaching background.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

There's certainly an element of that. There's no other explanation for Andy Firth getting a new deal last season or Defoe getting a player/coach contract and being nowhere near the squad while having absolutely zero coaching background.

You might not agree with Defoe getting a new deal but that's just absolute nonsense that there's no other explanation. 

32 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It absolutely is. If we're discussing Morelos' performances (good, bad or indifferent) it includes them all, not just the ones you want to include. Winning the title is absolutely crucial but continuing to do well in the Europa League this season and the finances it brings and the longer-term impacts of the coefficient (particularly given we're not actually guaranteed CL entry for winning the title this season) remain absolutely vital.

How about I decide what I’m saying, rather than you? 

His performances and output in the league are far more important than say the league cup or Scottish cup. I don’t see how that’s up for debate. 

Europa league has been really important in the Gerrard rebuild, but not as important as winning 55 or a champions league place next year. 

Morelos is a good player, who has contributed a lot, but hasn’t had the required goal return in the league for a Rangers CF in recent reasons. If we want to lump in historical output over the last 5 seasons, rather than recent then Arfield should start every week too. 

Just now, The Specky Liar said:

In your original point you didn't.

My first post said… ‘Many has he had in the league last year and this? That’s what really matters.’

Not my fault you’ve made a cunt of it. I’m not playing down his efforts elsewhere, but last season and this one the league was / is absolutely the priority. 

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

How about I decide what I’m saying, rather than you? 

His performances and output in the league are far more important than say the league cup or Scottish cup. I don’t see how that’s up for debate. 

Europa league has been really important in the Gerrard rebuild, but not as important as winning 55 or a champions league place next year. 

Morelos is a good player, who has contributed a lot, but hasn’t had the required goal return in the league for a Rangers CF in recent reasons. If we want to lump in historical output over the last 5 seasons, rather than recent then Arfield should start every week too. 

So his goals in Europe have gone from being "fluff" to being "really important"? What do you think has helped fund the Gerrard rebuild? Because it's not been the Scottish Premiership.

What should his goal return be in the league each season? What's an acceptable goals/game ratio for a Rangers striker?

My first post said… ‘Many has he had in the league last year and this? That’s what really matters.’

Not my fault you’ve made a cunt of it. I’m not playing down his efforts elsewhere, but last season and this one the league was / is absolutely the priority. 

Proved my point.

Only Roofe has scored more than him this season.

Roofe scored a whopping two more in the league last season (14 - 12) and was the only player to outscore him in the league for us.

3 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

League is the priority every season. Always has been. Not sure why you think this season or last season is any different in that regard

Just now, The Dude said:

So his goals in Europe have gone from being "fluff" to being "really important"? What do you think has helped fund the Gerrard rebuild? Because it's not been the Scottish Premiership.

What should his goal return be in the league each season? What's an acceptable goals/game ratio for a Rangers striker?

I’ll repeat it again, for this season and last the league is the absolute priority. 

20-25 goals a season in the league should be the benchmark for a Rangers CF who starts every week. 

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

There's no doubting he's playing poorly just now. I don't think anyone has disputed that. However, I seriously doubt he's going to be checking RM for videos posted by folk who have played a grand total of zero minutes of professional football for tips on how to strike a ball. Nobody has suggested he's the 'best striker he could possibly be' right now but he's no different to literally every striker we've ever hard in that he's hit a bit of bad form. He's still scoring a goal every three games so far this season. (Five in fifteen)

This if a forum mate.  Forums a here for discussion, to exchange ideas and what not. 

He does still offer a lot off the ball, pulling defenders out of position and ragdolliong etc.  But I was referring specifically to his scoring and getting into positions to score, making a yard for himself, tricking an opponent which then leads to him hitting the net (not specificially striking of the ball, yes I'm not a pro but it's clear as day he's missing some basics of a forwards play right now).

By my observations, Morelos right at this moment in time, and for quite a while, is not showing any signs of being a top striker.  There are no faints, no skill moves, no fake shots to trick the opponent to get the shot away, nothing.  Anywhere around the 18 yard box or closer to goal it's a rash shot in the hope of a goal which rarely leads to a goal and therefore isn't currently working for him.

As pointed out in my original post if he were to introduce any of these faints, fake shots, dummy passes, drag backs, anything, he would fair better and we as a team would benefit greatly.  He would get his move to a better league and we would get the cash we all want and think he's worth if and when he does move on.

Apologies if you thought I had posted the video expecting Morelos to see it as that was never my intention.

I’ll repeat it again, for this season and last the league is the absolute priority. 

20-25 goals a season in the league should be the benchmark for a Rangers CF who starts every week. 

Its been the absolute priority for every single one of my 35 years alive.

1 minute ago, Ted E Bayer said:

This if a forum mate.  Forums a here for discussion, to exchange ideas and what not. 

He does still over a lot off the ball, pulling defenders out of position and ragdolliong etc.  But I was referring specifically to his scoring and getting into positions to score, making a yard for himself, tricking an opponent which then leads to him hitting the net (not specificially striking of the ball, yes I'm not a pro but it's clear as day he's missing some basics of a forwards play right now).

By my observations, Morelos right at this moment in time, and for quite a while, is not showing any signs of being a top striker.  There are no faints, no skill moves, no fake shots to trick the opponent to get the shot away, nothing.  Anywhere around the 18 yard box or closer to goal it's a rash shot in the hope of a goal which rarely leads to a goal anf therefore isn't currently working for him.

As pointed out in my original post if he were to introduce any of these faints, fake shots, dummy passes, drag backs, anything, he would fair better and we as a team would benefit greatly.  He would get his move to a better league and we would get the cash we all want and think he's worth if and when he does move on.

Apologies if you thought I had posted the video expecting Morelos to see it as that was never my intention.

Mate, I can give you some email addresses for people at Ibrox if you want to share this ground-breaking analysis.  He's scored five in fifteen and created a couple more. Its working more than you give him credit for.

49 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I wonder if people genuinely believe professional athletes wake up one day and have forgotten how to do the basic things that they have spent much of their life working towards and dedicating more hours than I care to think about training and developing those skills.

I absolutely think this when I watch Morelos fluff his lines over and over again lately.

Just now, graeme_4 said:

Ok, therefore Morelos’ performances / output carry more weight in the league? 

Not particularly no. A goal in the Premiership is just as important as a goal in the Europa League.

Given he scored two goals fewer than Roofe last season in the league, he's nowhere near as far off it as some want to suggest.