Morelos

MacBoyd

1 minute ago, Colin Traive said:

Forget previous heroics, especially in Europe.

Based on the last 12 month’s form, I wouldn’t buy Morelos for the million he originally cost us. He has improved as a team player (although his passing can sometimes be wayward) and is dropping deeper to get involved but we’ve lost a great striker in the process.

Roofe will never be that striker, nor will Itten. Any decent offer for Morelos should be accepted and I hope to God we already have a shortlist of replacements.

You're an absolute moron.

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

Plus £8m would be our 2nd biggest recieved transfer in our history. Some need a bit of a reality check.

Over a decade ago? It doesn't matter at all. We aren't going to sell Morelos, Kent or Kamara for £9.5m just because it would be our biggest transfer. The players will go for what they're valued at in today's market.

Also I'm not going to split hairs between whether Aribo is worth £8m or £10m, we're not even really disagreeing about anything :lol:

2 minutes ago, Broxi said:

We've had offers though. So we could have.

When was the last time we've came off the back of an invincible league season and 3 years of strong European success? Just because we've not been in a position to before doesn't mean we shouldn't now that we are. In current climate, now having won something, and the talent of someone like Aribo, he shouldn't be going for single figures. Neither should Hagi, Kent or Kamara

If your auntie had baws...

The talent of Aribo can't consistently perform in the Scottish Premiership at age 25, why on earth would someone pay 10million plus for him? He's no longer about 'potential' now.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

If your auntie had baws...

The talent of Aribo can't consistently perform in the Scottish Premiership at age 25, why on earth would someone pay 10million plus for him? He's no longer about 'potential' now.

As I say above, we're splitting hairs at this point :lol:

Just now, Broxi said:

As I say above, we're splitting hairs at this point :lol:

We'll never get eight fgures for him. He simply isn't good enough. Dare I say it, Edouard (when he can be fucked) is a far better player than Aribo and the best they could get for him despite whoring him across europe for two years was £9m in a position PL clubs tend to simply throw money at in the hope of getting it wright.

All we paid for Aribo was a cross border fee so, if we sell him, whatever we get will be pure profit.

The model for us has to be to buy cheap, develop, and move on for more than we paid for the player.

That said put me in the 10M+ camp. Like everybody he has dips in form but for me he is a very important player for us and one of the first names on the teamsheet.

15 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

The majority of Aribo's good games are against bottom half teams at Ibrox, you're not getting massive money for him regardless how long is on his contract.

Aribo is highly rated in England though. Always has been. A club like Brentford would easily pay 8 million for him IMO.

15 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

The majority of Aribo's good games are against bottom half teams at Ibrox, you're not getting massive money for him regardless how long is on his contract.

Im sure I had this argument with quite a few people in the summer about aribo and how he flatters to deceive at times, how in big games he rarely steps up etc, 

The fact he hasnt nailed down an actual position was used as a positive for him in the summer, people said aribo was more valuable than hagi 

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

Aribo is highly rated in England though. Always has been. A club like Brentford would easily pay 8 million for him IMO.

With how well Brentford does with their transfer policies and if they would pay that much for him, then obviously imo he is better than I think some fans give him credit for.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

We'll never get eight fgures for him. He simply isn't good enough. Dare I say it, Edouard (when he can be fucked) is a far better player than Aribo and the best they could get for him despite whoring him across europe for two years was £9m in a position PL clubs tend to simply throw money at in the hope of getting it wright.

Edouard went for £14m and that was in the last year of his contract?

We're talking about Aribo as if he wasn't in the last year of his contract. As I say, we're not really disagreeing about anything, a difference of £2m. It wasn't even really the valuation of £8m, it was the suggestion that it was the max he could possibly go for. We'll agree to disagree on this one, not an Aribo thread anyway :tu:

Just now, Broxi said:

Edouard went for £14m and that was in the last year of his contract?

We're talking about Aribo as if he wasn't in the last year of his contract. As I say, we're not really disagreeing about anything, a difference of £2m. It wasn't even really the valuation of £8m, it was the suggestion that it was the max he could possibly go for. We'll agree to disagree on this one, not an Aribo thread anyway :tu:

Inc addons

12 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Nothing like intelligent debate and discussion.

:wanker:

It's hard to have an intelligent debate with someone who said they wouldn't spend a million on Morelos.

11 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Fair, but he's coming to an age now where you're not buying potential you're buying the finished article and that would reduce some of his value.

26 minutes ago, The Dude said:

When was the last time we sold a player for seven figures, never mind eight?

Fair point, although better question might be how often do the Scottish Champions sell a player for 8 figures? 

We haven’t been a ‘successful’ club since 2011. Comparing apples and oranges if you at the last decade of sales vs potential in the position we’re in now. 

I think there’s a number of £10m+ players in our squad (if they get the finger out). 

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

Yet no one sniffed at our guys by all accounts in the summer when we just won the league 

Were the supposed Leeds bids for Kent this summer or last summer I can't remember? Also can't fully remember if it was reported bids were even actually made or not.

But yeah it is worrying we've been back in the Premiership for 5/6 seasons, 3/4 under Gerrard and we've sold one player for £2.5m

Just now, Broxi said:

Were the supposed Leeds bids for Kent this summer or last summer I can't remember? Also can't fully remember if it was reported bids were even actually made or not.

But yeah it is worrying we've been back in the Premiership for 5/6 seasons, 3/4 under Gerrard and we've sold one player for £2.5m

That's by choice though. If we wanted to we could have done plenty of times.

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

Fair point, although better question might be how often do the Scottish Champions sell a player for 8 figures? 

We haven’t been a ‘successful’ club since 2011. Comparing apples and oranges if you at the last decade of sales vs potential in the position we’re in now. 

I think there’s a number of £10m+ players in our squad (if they get the finger out). 

a handful of times in the entire history of Scottish football.

Just now, The Specky Liar said:

That's by choice though. If we wanted to we could have done plenty of times.

Yeah at what has to be assumed would be well below value. Nobody has came in for players for the prices we've wanted and we've not managed to make any significant sales.

I don't believe that we haven't wanted to sell Morelos over the years (nothing to do with form or current debates) but because that's our model and he was the player at highest value, who wanted to leave and it was time. But we didn't get the bids good enough