Morelos

MacBoyd

1 minute ago, Broxi said:

Yeah at what has to be assumed would be well below value. Nobody has came in for players for the prices we've wanted and we've not managed to make any significant sales.

I don't believe that we haven't wanted to sell Morelos over the years (nothing to do with form or current debates) but because that's our model and he was the player at highest value, who wanted to leave and it was time. But we didn't get the bids good enough

We rejected 16.5m for Morelos.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

a handful of times in the entire history of Scottish football.

Oh come on you know that's not an even playing field :lol:

A handful of times in the entire history of Scottish football... all in the last decade.

10 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Yet no one sniffed at our guys by all accounts in the summer when we just won the league 

Was Aribo not late to arrive to international duty at the end of the window because there were negotiations going on about a potential transfer?

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

a handful of times in the entire history of Scottish football.

Off the top of my head in the last 5-6 years, they’ve had quite a few in or around that range (Tierney, Dembele, Wanyama, Edouard, VVD, Frimpong all come to mind). I’m probably missing more. 

1 minute ago, The Specky Liar said:

Because we have held firm on our valuation/gambled.

Exactly, nobody has met our valuation

1 minute ago, The Specky Liar said:

We rejected 16.5m for Morelos.

If we did then it was at a time that we thought he was worth more. 

I think it's a good thing we've held out, it's not what I'm trying to say. I'm saying nobody else is agreeing with us and they aren't giving us that money we that we need to start getting.

Just now, DBBTB said:

Was Aribo not late to arrive to international duty at the end of the window because there were negotiations going on about a potential transfer?

Nigeria manager claimed three players were late becuase of transfer talks. none of the three he named moved in the summer window. Helluva coincidence that three players for the same international team were all involved in last-minute transfers, delaying their travel to Nigeria, that collapsed before it could be completed.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Is he though? How many clubs tried to sign him when we got him for buttons?

Again... we had a cross-border loophole no English club could use

You're using far too many misrepresentations of scenarios in half of your posts here

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I'm not a massive fan of him but he now has international recognition, European experience and is a league winner now with probably around another 100 games under his belt

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Nobody can say for sure but he was linked with Southampton, Aston Villa and Man City (mainly because he would fill a homegrown player slot) in the year or so before he joined us.

2 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Off the top of my head in the last 5-6 years, they’ve had quite a few in or around that range (Tierney, Dembele, Wanyama, Edouard, VVD, Frimpong all come to mind). I’m probably missing more. 

Six players over almost a decade.

Ajer was being touted as a "40m" player - joined Brentford for anything between 9m and 18m based on reports a few months later.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Ajer was being touted as a "40m" player - joined Brentford for anything between 9m and 18m based on reports a few months later.

That’s pretty good going IMO. 

Forgot about that big fanny. Media transfer talk in Scotland isn’t worth the paper it’s written on. 

4 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Again... we had a cross-border loophole no English club could use

You're using far too many misrepresentations of scenarios in half of your posts here

English clubs could have signed aribo for as little as 600k. We paid 350k. The 'loophole' isn't really as much of a loophole as folk think. English clubs could still sign Aribo when his contract ended, the only difference was it would go to a trbunal to arrange a fee using a faily similar formula to the one which saw us pay 350k.

6 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

I'm not a massive fan of him but he now has international recognition, European experience and is a league winner now with probably around another 100 games under his belt

Playing for Nigeria isn't going to add anything on to his value though - or make him particularly more attractive to clubs.

Just now, The Dude said:

You are STILL using players prices in the last year of their contract despite that not being what's discussed. It actually makes makes your point worse that players in Scotland can go for double figures even in the last year of their contract after having a poor season.

6 players in 8 years where Ajer definitely would have under normal contractual status too. Almost one player a season from the best club in the league at the time. Which is now us. Christie would have too. And there's plenty other players who would if teams went for them too.

6 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Nobody can say for sure but he was linked with Southampton, Aston Villa and Man City (mainly because he would fill a homegrown player slot) in the year or so before he joined us.

And none of them were so keen to get him they offered terms (and every one of those three could blow us out the water financially)

11 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Wasn't Bowyer wanting him to move to Brentford? So he could get over a million in compensation instead of the buttons we paid for him? Didn't hear any other club linked with him.

English clubs could have signed aribo for as little as 600k. We paid 350k. The 'loophole' isn't really as much of a loophole as folk think. English clubs could still sign Aribo when his contract ended, the only difference was it would go to a trbunal to arrange a fee using a faily similar formula to the one which saw us pay 350k.

I don't remember that being the case at the time. I'm sure it was multi-millions. 

Also six players in 130 years.

You're just being ridiculous now

14 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

There's no way you actually believe that?

Okay then, no one sniffed at our guys with a price that we deemed acceptable, now given we are going to show absolutely horrendous accounts, are running at a loss every season without CL income, and have a bloated squad that needa trimmed we either have a board thats way over valued our players, or other clubs simply dont think our players are worth going for

Either way until we actually sell anyone, our players values are speculation, people wanted 10mill for goldson last season, he's now looking like leaving on a freebie, so either our board over valued him, or clubs simply didnt believe he was worth paying any sort of money for

Just now, Broxi said:

You are STILL using players prices in the last year of their contract despite that not being what's discussed. It actually makes makes your point worse that players in Scotland can go for double figures even in the last year of their contract after having a poor season.

6 players in 8 years where Ajer definitely would have under normal contractual status too. Almost one player a season from the best club in the league at the time. Which is now us. Christie would have too. And there's plenty other players who would if teams went for them too.

Can only go with the prices people actually paid in reality rather than hypotheticals based on scenarios that never happened.