Morelos

MacBoyd

Kent & Wright should be the two wide players against Lyon. 

We will be under pressure for the majority of the game I’d imagine and our best chance is hitting them on the break at pace.

Kent or Wright to impersonate DaMarcus Beasley & Alfie to do his best Daniel Cousin impression and rag doll their defence.

11 minutes ago, HuistraHairDo said:

Who in our whole team form has been great?

We've stuttered into this season, when performance levels go up for the whole team in general then you can have a case for being off form imo

If we continue playing the way we are we need to start making changes. Sakala needs a run in the team and so does Wright IMO. 

25 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

If we continue playing the way we are we need to start making changes. Sakala needs a run in the team and so does Wright IMO. 

Doesn't really matter as many have said in here, if we continue playing the way we are and keep winning that's all that matters tbh.

The performance levels (as in players being consistently in good form week in week out) will come.

imo obvs

I must admit he wasn't involved as much as I would have liked that being said when he was involved he kept the move going and very very rarely gave the ball away. 

He's not at his absolute best but he's still contributing so much to the forward moves.

1 hour ago, Mondraker said:

His finishing has been poor this season but there's very few players who drags defenders around like him which makes space.

We need to start making use of that space and he needs to start putting away the chances.

He's dropping deep at times but it's a leap to suggest that he's also dragging defenders around. He's not tbh.

He has scored the only goal in 2 of the last 3 play off rounds to get us to the group stages and 25 goals overall in Europe

That does not even take into consideration assists

So regardless of our overall stodgieness in the league I expect Alfie to score a good few goals in the group stages

Unless he is banned or injured he deserves to start every game in Europe.

• 1 month later...

Do we need angry Morelos back? Is he one of those temperamental players that needs to be angry to be at his best?

Don't remember the last time I saw that one side of the mouth snarl, and he's not a problem for referees any more. I want to see that growl back. Would take a suspension or two a season if it meant he had that spark again. 

I don't think he's been terrible this season or late last season, I just feel he's missing a bit of what makes Alfie Alfie.

This false 9 role we have him playing isn’t working. He’s too far out of the box during the build up and we need our 9 to be scoring 20+ goals a season.

As much as we don’t want to go back to having him as our only attacking outlet, he needs to be more selfish and play between the posts more and on the shoulder of his man. Also needs to practise his finishing, it’s becoming a big embarrassing recently 

5 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Not been good enough for the majority of the season he needs a spell out, snatching at chances and never feel confident 1v1 or with easy chances. 

Hagi Roofe Wright/Sakala would be interesting to see. 

Hagi and Wright offer nothing goal scoring wise and Sakala is absolutely awful.

8 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Hagi and Wright offer nothing goal scoring wise and Sakala is absolutely awful.

Said to my m8 at Dundee in the second half watching Sakala off the ball, hes ripping the pish, standing 10 yards offside, the way I used to when I was about 8 and just poaching in front of the goalie waiting for a tap in. 

1 minute ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Said to my m8 at Dundee in the second half watching Sakala off the ball, hes ripping the pish, standing 10 yards offside, the way I used to when I was about 8 and just poaching in front of the goalie waiting for a tap in. 

Said it before pal, he looks like he’s just started learning how to play football.