*****The Official Champions vs Olympique Lyonnais Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

I don’t think this Lyon side are all that great. We find our proper level and we could win this 

Lundstram is a lazy bastard btw, it’s like he has the mindset of a player that’s still playing for Sheffield United 

Very lackadaisical player, lose the ball then just trot around until some cunt else regains it. 

He rarely attempts to make space to offer an out ball which boils my fuckin piss. 

Just now, Zappa6995 said:

If Lundstum is a lazy bastard what are Davis and Kamara

:lol:

Deary me. Lundstram literally got turned at fucking walking pace for their goal. He’s missed the opportunity at times to release Tav down the right so he could play a sideways ball too 

1 minute ago, BuffaloUSAGers said:

If you want to know why teams offer us 5,000,000 for Kamara, watch how many simple passes he misses or sells short. That is not uncommon.

Everytime he gets the ball he is surrounded. They know how much of a big player he is for us. It's the same as soon as Tav or Barisic get the ball. 

The first 20 mins it looked liked they hadn't done their homework on us, now it looks like they were sussing us out.

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Laziness from lundstram? He tracked the goalscorer while our right back was nowhere to be seen, and Kent who gave the ball away simply jogged back to our goal

He's been done by someone who is choking to cut inside, and let them cut inside. 

Lazy.

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Honestly think we have been fine, definitely shouldn't be losing. Lyon not as good as some are claiming either tbh.

They are a very good team and are capable of a goal like we saw. Whilst they are very good, so are we.. we could easily be going in 1-1.

If we want to take something out of this game we need to up the tempo and we need to do it quick. Tav barely played with the ball in the first half. Borna has been poor, Kamara, Davis and Lundstram do not create enough and Morelos barely has any service.

Crossing the ball in the box when Lyon have 2 tall centre backs wont work, we need to use Kent and Aribo more and provide for Morelos. If we manage to get the ball moving quicker, and create chances for Morelos, i think we can win this one. And hopefully players remember that theres 50 000 extra reasons for an extra effort tonight. We havent been up to full speed this season. Time to show our best. Mon the Gers! 

Hate to say it and will probably get shot down but Davis for me needs to be replaced in midfield. He doesn't have the legs and we are getting out worked most games with him in there. 

I know he played brilliant last season but this is a new season and we need someone else in there who can do more than play nice passes sideways and backwards. When we don't have the ball he is like a man down. 

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

Lundstram and Kent were terrible for the first 20 minutes. They both improved a great deal as the half went on.

I dont think either were terrible.. they werent great, but not terrible. I think its been a pretty even match. World class strike is the difference.

5 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Much better from Kent and Rangers overall in the last 20 minutes.

I thought Balogun was excellent. Tav quiet.

Drop Aribo back and bring on Roofe, Wright or Sakala.

Yea I don't see the point in 3 holding midfielders when they are still getting through them.