*****The Official Champions vs Olympique Lyonnais Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

1 minute ago, johanhentze said:

We actually need our creative players to unlock the defence.. Davis/Kamara/Lundstram have done their jobs more or less.

Seen a thing last night talking about the PSG front 3 of Mbappe, Neymar & Messi, all 3 barely got involved in the game because their midfield kept giving the ball away, doesn't matter who's upfront, if you get it stuck in midfield you're fucked.

Not expecting our 3 to be that good but Kamara has been terrible all season, Lundstrum isn't a Rangers player & Davis is trying to do the job of 3 in there. 

Our best bet is a long ball over the top which ignores our midfield, same as every game we've played this season 

1 minute ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Goal was all on Kent for me, cracking finish tbh, Lundstram poor but Kent is getting away with murder on here. 

His laziness cost the goal and I don’t see anyone saying any different. He’s in the mix now whereas others are just side shows at the minute.

10 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

What the actual fuck is up with these commentators?

Acting like we've been abysmal?

Baffling 

9 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

So negative, we have had the better of that so far. Behind to a worldie and a world class save. 

I think I need to get a new telly because we should probably be more behind. Slow, ponderous and scared.

Hopefully it gets better next half as it seemed to be towards the end of the first. If we get a goal the mistakes will be forgotten.

Just now, Ross-Gazza genius said:

Hate to say it and will probably get shot down but Davis for me needs to be replaced in midfield. He doesn't have the legs and we are getting out worked most games with him in there. 

I know he played brilliant last season but this is a new season and we need someone else in there who can do more than play nice passes sideways and backwards. When we don't have the ball he is like a man down. 

He has played 34 out of the last 35 games. The point is not having someone to cover for him, our biggest failure in the transfer market.

4 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Eh? 

He's been putting in great balls that half. 

I honestly don't get why folk are so negative all the time. 

That's the thing he can deliver that one chance on a sixpence from his crosses but Lyon have had three gilt edged chances down the left in that half

Just now, esquire8 said:

Seriously don't know what posters see in him. Must be watching a totally different player to everyone else. Piss poor footballer.

He's actually disgustingly lazy. 

Tries to switch off and think he won't be punished - but doesn't get he will do here. Which has literally happened too many times already. 

2 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

I think I need to get a new telly because we should probably be more behind. Slow, ponderous and scared.

Hopefully it gets better next half as it seemed to be towards the end of the first. If we get a goal the mistakes will be forgotten.

I think you do mate, aye.

1 minute ago, Bad Robot said:

His laziness cost the goal and I don’t see anyone saying any different. He’s in the mix now whereas others are just side shows at the minute.

I've seen it from numerous angles now and that's on Kent .

1 minute ago, Vision said:

That's the thing he can deliver that one chance on a sixpence from his crosses but Lyon have had three gilt edged chances down the left in that half

And one was because Davis would rather not track a runner and stand pointing like a statue. That's all on Davis. 

2 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

He's been done by someone who is choking to cut inside, and let them cut inside. 

Lazy.

So in a goal where our centre mid gets turned by a step over while covering for our right back whos nowhere to be seen, the midfielder who gave the ball away just jogging back

You think lundstram is the lazy one lol, watch they goal again, he actually has to make up ground just to get goalside of him, just because he gets turned by a stepovwr doesn't make him lazy

He got pelters for not tracking the runner earlier this season (while our right back was nowhere to be seen) now he gets pelters for tracking the runner while again our right back is nowhere to be seen 😂

Just now, Vision said:

They've flooded their wings and Barisic and Tav don't have the cover. Shown perfectly when Davis didn't track the runner.