*****The Official Champions vs Olympique Lyonnais Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

1 minute ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

For me get Davis off and Wright on

I don't disagree with this although Davis hasn't been the worst. 

1 minute ago, MacBoyd said:

He's been very poor. 2 or 3 years ago defenders bounced off him in a way unique for a short striker. Doesn't happen anymore.

Good grief...🤨

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

We dont play with a creative central mid, we play 3 dpgs body centre mids and hope the two number tens do something, kent is a million miles away from anything so we're essentially a man down the now 

But you need that creativity to get the ball forward quickly to the no10’s. When you have a slow build up allowing the opposition to get players back, and no one running on from the midfield it’s almost impossible for them to do anything.

6 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

I think I need to get a new telly because we should probably be more behind. Slow, ponderous and scared.

Hopefully it gets better next half as it seemed to be towards the end of the first. If we get a goal the mistakes will be forgotten.

That's a bit harsh, they scored a very good goal but it came from nothing, yes they had a couple of chances but we've had 2 really good chances and a few half chances as well. A draw at half time would've been a fair reflection. 

Just now, RDB14 said:

Even match but I do feel Lundstram is out his depth at this level.  Barisic has been badly exposed 2 or 3 times too, if Tav had left his side so open he would be getting pelters.  Need a big performance to get anything here.

Tav did, thats how we lost the goal, lundstram getting pelters for being lazy was the only one who tracked the goalscorer, even goldson didnt make an effort to get out to him 

4 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

He has played 34 out of the last 35 games. The point is not having someone to cover for him, our biggest failure in the transfer market.

Kamara should have his role, he is the better player. 

We should have spend some decent cash on injecting some creativity into our middle three instead we extended davis contract and brought in one of the worst players ive seen in a gers shirt in lundstram. Not good enough. 

6 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Seriously don't know what posters see in him. Must be watching a totally different player to everyone else. Piss poor footballer.

He isn't piss poor though. I haven't seen anyone saying he's a world beater but I agree he hasn't had a great start to his Rangers career and a few of his mistakes have been punished. He's came closest to scoring for us tonight IMO.

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

Holy fuck.

Kent is wildly off-form and still looks like he is carrying that injury. 

No excuse for that lazy bastard. He is plain and simply not good enough. 

If he is carrying an injury he shouldn't be playing. 

13 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Eh? 

He's been putting in great balls that half. 

I honestly don't get why folk are so negative all the time. 

As he does, granted. But two or three times in that half he switched off and let his man in behind, got to be better at this level or we absolutely will get punished.

1 minute ago, BigBearButt said:

Kamara should have his role, he is the better player. 

We should have spend some decent cash on injecting some creativity into our middle three instead we extended davis contract and brought in one of the worst players ive seen in a gers shirt in lundstram. Not good enough. 

No one in our squad bar Kelly can do that Davis role. Maybe the issue is do we need that role in our team now?

1 minute ago, Bristol loyal said:

But you need that creativity to get the ball forward quickly to the no10’s. When you have a slow build up allowing the opposition to get players back, and no one running on from the midfield it’s almost impossible for them to do anything.

You dont need creativity to pass it forward 5 or ten yards,