*****The Official Champions vs Olympique Lyonnais Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

We are just picking the wrong pass or option everytime.

I know Lyon are a step up but in every game so far this season we've just not clicked at all which is massively worrying after the way we played last season and the fact we've been together for years as a team.

Have we just got stale? Management team need to change something going forward.

4 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

Gerrard needs to sort something out because despite beating the scum I’m nowhere near as confident of winning the league, we are still favourites but it’s gonna be a lot closer they have improved and we have regressed.

Winning the league and the Champions League money that comes with it is VITAL so we can get a cash injection into the first team.

All our recent signings have been pish 

2 minutes ago, jamess said:

Always hopeful to beat anyone at home, but probably unlikely. But expect to at least play to our potential.

I have the same mindset but I was also fearful Lyon would tear us apart, but they haven't.

One top notch finish from us losing/gifting possession and an OG is infuriating.

I just see the like of Spurs with their squad worth hundreds of millions struggling in the Conference League and then read the reaction on here to us against Lyon and just wonder whether some expect far too much some times.

It’s all about Brondby and Sparta games now but not overly confident on how we’ll get on in them. We still haven’t hit top gear and I don’t have a clue what it will take for us to do that. Is it a confidence thing or a fitness thing? At times this season we’ve looked like we’ve never played together, and compared to performances last season its absolutely baffling