*****The Official Champions vs Olympique Lyonnais Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

2 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Davis was horrific tonight, no getting away from it. Deserved to get dragged off early.

Didn’t play well tonight but could could basically copy and paste what BigBearButt is going to say about him In every match thread regardless of how well or poorly he plays.

Feeling a bit calmer. Genuinely hope come our next game with Lyon we get back to playing great football again.

I know Lyon were the better side tonight(even the diving was spectacular albeit completely unnecessary), they aren't wonderful and we could have played so much better. 

We need to sort this out....or should I say, SG and backroom staff need to do some wonderful things again to get this team back on track. Sooner the better please 👍🏻

The concerning thing is we just haven't got going at all and we're about a dozen games into the season.

How many excellent performances have we put in? 

Even in games where we have a lot of shots they're typically through a crowd of players - we're rarely cutting anyone open and putting a chance on a plate for someone.

16 minutes ago, BearInTheToon said:

I think it’s become pretty clear that Bacuna was an outright panic buy.

He hasn't had a chance yet and to put him on 0-2 down in europe is not a great opportunity for him to come on and shine as a new player. He will come on when we winning in the  league. I have high hopes for this guy. 

2 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

Haha you are kiddin right? Sorry but Kamara is a much better player than Davis. Davis has had his time and should be nowhere near the first 11, his contract should never have been extended. He is well past his best and if you cant see that then i dont know what to tell you. Its time for us to move on and replace him. We should have made it a priority to tie down Kamara on a long term deal and build our midfield around him.

On their day I think Kamara can be better than Davis and the other way about, 2 good players.

Difference is Kamara has completely checked out this season & looks like he'd rather be anywhere else than on that park playing for us. He's been offered a long term deal & clearly has no intention of signing it, can't build the team around a player who doesn't want to be here & his performances are now showing that, there's a player there but he's someone who expected a move in the summer that clearly never came.

Until 1 of the other guys decide to step up and take it, Davis, a 36 year old, will be the 1st name in that midfield as he's the most consistent midfielder we have.

Just now, 16BlueSherbert90 said:

Feeling a bit calmer. Genuinely hope come our next game with Lyon we get back to playing great football again.

I know Lyon were the better side tonight(even the diving was spectacular albeit completely unnecessary), they aren't wonderful and we could have played so much better. 

We need to sort this out....or should I say, SG and backroom staff need to do some wonderful things again to get this team back on track. Sooner the better please 👍🏻

I'm a bit too calm. Probably because I haven't put much emotion into European football this season for us. 

From Keeper to strikers.....we look NOTHING like the team of last season. 

Last season we were sharp, decisive, clinical and had flair. 

If this seasons form were represented by a character from a kids tv show, we'd be fucking Bungle from Rainbow.

The most recent signings with the exception of Wright are very poor. Lundstram, Simpson, Sakala, add nothing and don't improve the team or squad. 

I'd rather see genuine prospects like Kelly get some game time and experience.

1 minute ago, ZZed said:

Davis was poor tonight and slowed everything down. Lundstram looks like a midfield Duffy, carthorse of a player.

SG usually brings new players in slowly and against diddy teams to break them in. Beyond me why he plays Lundstram in important games when he hasn't even learned his position yet. 

We're still not playing up to the standard we know they can,too loose in possession and lazy passing,creating little. Lyon are a decent team filled wi a bunch of diving bastards.Need to get our form back quickly and look to give the new boys more opportunities into the starting eleven.

Just now, DBBTB said:

Didn’t play well tonight but could could basically copy and paste what BigBearButt is going to say about him In every match thread regardless of how well or poorly he plays.

Wrong when he has a good game which to be brutal isnt very often i give him credit. As i did a few weeks back. 

He has been a great servant to the club but he is surplus to requirements and should have been moved on, he is too slow for europe and we shouldnt be playing two holding midfielders in the league. Id rather youth like Kelly are blooded in

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

I'm a bit too calm. Probably because I haven't put much emotion into European football this season for us. 

Seems a pointless effort at this point. 

We will get there...just not remotely the same kick start from last season. Guess we have to just accept that, for now...