*****The Official Champions vs Olympique Lyonnais Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

16 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Still don't get that. Can understand if he lost the ball on his own 18 yards box but he looses it 50 yards out and we're still in an ok position to defend that. The boy runs 20 yards and hits a worldy. Hard to say he threw a goal away.

Kents off the boil and when he lost possession for that goal he gave up on it. In previous seasons he would have bust a gut to try win it back. Maybe a forced rest might be a goof thing for him. 

Just now, kelvd1873 said:

Kents off the boil and when he lost possession for that goal he gave up on it. In previous seasons he would have bust a gut to try win it back. Maybe a forced rest might be a goof thing for him. 

Aye no doubt he's been poor this season. I agree. I do think he needs to get hungry and see the bench but you still canny put the first goal on him.

28 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Worrying that we're halfway through September and arguably haven't kicked a ball yet. 

Seems as though most of the squad are still suffering from a hangover from last season. 

This continues it's going to bite us on the arse domestically. 

Already has!

Just now, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I honestly think the poisonous commentary for folk watching the game made it 100x worse than it actually was.

We have had some absolute thumpings in Europe over the years, but that was not tongiht.

It was a close game that they got some lucky breaks in and took advantage of to get out of sight.

If we had got a couple of breaks and had a two goal lead, I think we could have weathered whatever storm they through at us with minimal fuss.

They were better than us, but was not a slaughter.

There's a good deal of frustration from the Malmo game still hanging over us that won't lift for a while, we expected to get through that and fucked it

Beating the tarriers helped a bit but overall our European performances across the board this season have been very poor & we haven't exactly been lighting things up in the league either

Far too many players off the boil to beat a team like that tonight but the bigger worry is this form starting to carry over into league games.

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Blue said:

He wasn’t the worse

You are right, he wasn't the worst. Kamara & Davis were worse tonight but Lundstram is going to hamstring this team because Gerrard is going to keep playing him. He is slow and can't turn. I blame Lundstram for the first goal.

15 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Aye no doubt he's been poor this season. I agree. I do think he needs to get hungry and see the bench but you still canny put the first goal on him.

Sorry bud I disagree with the first goal bit, Kent is at fault imo. Too scared to play a forward decisive pass and gets caught out. 

1 minute ago, Ivybank said:

Didn’t know 2 nd place doesn’t get you through the group, we’d still need to face a champions league 3rd place team😔

Honestly I’m more interested in winning the league this year, Europa league is a bonus for me. 

1 minute ago, kelvd1873 said:

Sorry bud I disagree with the first goal but, Kent is at fault imo. Too scared to play a forward decisive pass and gets caught out. 

Yes Kent is to blame but it is 50-60 yards from goal. Lundstram lets the man cut inside because he is too slow. That is where the shot came from.

And btw, the cunt scores that 1 out of ten times he tries it. Maybe more...

Just now, bluenoz said:

Yes Kent is to blame but it is 50-60 yards from goal. Lundstram lets the man cut inside because he is too slow. That is where the shot came from.

And btw, the cunt scores that 1 out of ten times he tries it. Maybe more...

Don’t disagree lundstrum should have done better and is also at fault but Kent’s mistake makes all of that goal happen.

Can’t take the strike away from the lad as he could not have placed that ball any tighter in the bottom corner, some strike. 

22 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Lundstram was utter mince again, honestly don't see what game cunts were watching the night. 

This for me.

He is comfortable playing backwards five yard passes and he's too sloppy even doing that sometimes.

He has to be braver and have more quality to make it here.