*****The Official Champions vs Olympique Lyonnais Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

12 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

Just in and that was fucking shite, we need to be able to pass the ball with a bit of urgency, not even close to what's needed in a game like that, there's a few in that team not giving a fuck anymore, it's plain to see.

Go on spill the beans I'd probably have the same culprits you've got in mind !

30 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Yeah, I could get past getting beat tonight pretty easily if the performances so far this season had been good, but they haven’t been. 

Going into a game against Lyon you would take a draw, but the thing that irks me is I don’t think they were particularly impressive tonight and had we not been complete shite we could have taken something from that. 

think you are right mate. They kicked the ball out of play under no challenge a few times first half.  Aye they have quality but if we had been at our best the game was there for us.  

We really are lacking from energy and aggression in midfield and quality in last third.

Frustratingly flat at times.

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Roofe being dropped was criminal, especially for Lundstram.

Roofe not being on at half time was criminal.

I pray someone bids for Kent in January, those two goals :megaanguish: 

Fucking long way home after a display like that. Expected Roofe to be on from the start, Alfie was ploughing a lone furrow and needed support.   Kent is a pale shadow of his former self, hopefully he rediscovers his form. 

1 hour ago, Negri's lovechild said:

We seem to be devoid of ideas and creativity. Whether or not it's a case of some players now thinking they've made it and can coast to the title, or tactically we've been found out and are too slow to adapt mid game.

it's possibly a mixture of the two. At the moment we are winning domestic games but not comfortably in any way. If performances don't improve quickly then I wouldn't be surprised to see us drop more points. 

Well.. our creative players arent really on it so far.. 

3 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

Fucking long way home after a display like that.  Expected Roofe to be on from the start, Alfie was ploughing a lone furrow and needed support.   Kent is a pale shadow of his former self, hopefully he rediscovers his form. 

Least you got a win on Wednesday after a scare to make sure it wasn’t a dreadful week for you mate lol

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Least you got a win on Wednesday after a scare to make sure it wasn’t a dreadful week for you mate lol

Indeed but sort of adds to the disappointment of tonight.   Start of the second half at Anfield, ground was rocking and and equalizer and a winner followed. Start of the second half at Ibrox, the crowd was quiet and fuck all followed.  Crap as we were on the pitch think if the crowd was up for it we would have come back after half time and got at least a point.  Shit night all round. 

2 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

Indeed but sort of adds to the disappointment of tonight.   Start of the second half at Anfield, ground was rocking and and equalizer and a winner followed. Start of the second half at Ibrox, the crowd was quiet and fuck all followed.  Crap as we were on the pitch think if the crowd was up for it we would have come back after half time and got at least a point.  Shit night all round. 

Aye, atmosphere was pish for the most part. There was a couple of spells it got decent though. 

2 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

So far from some lunatics on this thread.... Morelos is a has-been, Kent is useless and we are well rid,   Lyon only won because they dive and time waste and Lundstram had a good match.:headwall:

Fucking menatalists!

Lyon had a couple of chances in the first half and scored a belter.  Second half they did what they needed to do to win the game.  Overall we did enough to get a point but our finishing was poor and we lacked intensity on and off the pitch, compared with typical Ibrox European nights.   But maybe they were just better than us.  

Just now, andyhrfc said:

Lyon had a couple of chances in the first half and scored a belter.  Second half they did what they needed to do to win the game.  Overall we did enough to get a point but our finishing was poor and we lacked intensity on and off the pitch, compared with typical Ibrox European nights.   But maybe they were just better than us.  

I know mate.

They will top the group imo  By at least 10 points plus. Be shocked if rhey lose a game. 

Peespective required.

We need ro beat rhe remaining teams ro get inro rhe play offs. 

1 hour ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Fuck tonight, this is my biggest worry.

We’ve literally not kicked a baw since last game of last season. If beating that mob doesn’t kick start your season I don’t know what will.

A worry for me is that our player acquisition isn't the great success we are told.  This season Sakala, Lundstram, Ofoborh, Bacuna.    Two have been crap and two haven't kicked a ball yet.

4 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Mind the tarriers last season?

Started shite but gave it the "it's what champions do" When scraping out wins? 

Champions scrape wins when they've played brilliantly before then and start going through a rough patch. They don't begin the season shite.

We are champions and we are top of the league. The reaction is OTT

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

Does it

Screenshot_20210917_020720.jpg

There are many problems KK...

- if we continue to play Steve Davis 50+ games this season, it will cost us. He is not last season.

- Lose either Goldson or Balogun to injury and we have a problem.

- Playing Kent as a #10 needs to end.

- Patterson has played once this season. He is too talented to sit that long.

- no chemistry in the front three.

-, Lundstram stifles the flow in that team.

There is more but it's late, others can add.

10 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

There are many problems KK...

- if we continue to play Steve Davis 50+ games this season, it will cost us. He is not last season.

- Lose either Goldson or Balogun to injury and we have a problem.

- Playing Kent as a #10 needs to end.

- Patterson has played once this season. He is too talented to sit that long.

- no chemistry in the front three.

-, Lundstram stifles the flow in that team.

There is more but it's late, others can add.

Your ovrerthinking everything. This team should have our trust mate.

See if they didn't have the bottle heart and whatever else to fight for this title we don't beat the scum a fortnight ago missing our manager skipper and a few others ffs. 

We wouldve  just thrown in the towel v St johnstone.

Trust the team they've earned that as a minimum 

3 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Your ovrerthinking everything. This team should have our trust mate.

See if they didn't have the bottle heart and whatever else to fight for this title we don't beat the scum a fortnight ago missing our manager skipper and a few others ffs. 

We have just thrown in the towel v St johnstone.

Trust the team they've earned that as a minimum 

imo, we haven't played well since last February. 

edit- I just realized that coincides with the last time RJ played. No coincidence there.

4 hours ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Fuck tonight, this is my biggest worry.

We’ve literally not kicked a baw since last game of last season. If beating that mob doesn’t kick start your season I don’t know what will.

Spot on. Europe is a bonus and obviously the cash is needed but winning the league is huge this season - we hand the title back to them and they are straight back into the Champions League money. 

We have been shite all season and don’t look like there’s much in the squad to change things. Hagi and Jack coming back and being reliable would be huge but it’s not looking good. Losing sloppy goals, a stagnant one paced midfield and creating next to fuck all. 

3 hours ago, Smile said:

Roofe on the bench tonight was as stupid a move as i've seen should have started as part of the front three.

Roofe should start infront of morelos, morelos is good but only if our system works well behind him, he looks lost the now cause the likes of kent etcbare providing heehaw

52 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Roofe should start infront of morelos, morelos is good but only if our system works well behind him, he looks lost the now cause the likes of kent etcbare providing heehaw

Morelos was one player who looked up for it tonight going forward.

Constantly held it up with no support, and in the second half looked fucking raging no cunt was pressing with him.

Morelos wasn’t our problem tonight.

Just now, Rum Ham said:

Morelos was one player who looked up for it tonight going forward.

Constantly held it up with no support, and in the second half looked fucking raging no cunt was pressing with him.

Morelos wasn’t our problem tonight.

Wasnt the worst, but his gameplay and style doesn't really allow him to create his own chances if others aren't doing it for him 

Unless gerrard changes our system and we play much better behind him, he'll struggle for goals the now